Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
CarForum.com.au
Newcomer

September 2005
My 75 Celica Sat, 17 September 2005 08:23 Go to next message
Hey recently purchased a 1975 toyota celica in fairly good condition wanting to know abit more about them thought there would be a few people here who can tell me some information on them.

Where to get parts?
How good there engine is?

Just stuff like that im hoping to eventually do it all up and have my own show car.

You can see a few pics of it here before any work has been done.
Will update later.

http://www.carforum.com.au/showthread.php?p=138#po st138

Thanks

Morgan
  Send a private message to this user    
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: My 75 Celica Sat, 17 September 2005 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
might be a good idea to change your name morgan - being the admin of that board and having your name as it is probably considered advertising a forum. plus it immediately makes me think you're ghey
CarForum.com.au
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: My 75 Celica Sat, 17 September 2005 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
okay not really sure how to do that.
Also can this be ontopic please.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: My 75 Celica Sat, 17 September 2005 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, maybe start with where you're located. I mean, celicaspares is a great one stop shop in sydney, but that's not helpful if you're in perf.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: My 75 Celica Sat, 17 September 2005 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
two words for you [Members Rides] Wink .
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: My 75 Celica Sat, 17 September 2005 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice house
CarForum.com.au
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: My 75 Celica Sat, 17 September 2005 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks im from NE victoria (Wodonga)
My partner owns jappo donks which is kinda handy as i get discounted parts and accesories but some things he doesnt have.
Like window rubbers really hard to find allthough i did get a back windscreen rubber with purchase and about 5 set of front lights and 2 sets of back.
Also im going to be re painted any ideas on best colour im think black with chrome plating.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My 75 Celica Sun, 18 September 2005 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You'll have to be more specific about which parts you're looking for. A lot of rubbers are available from Rare Spares if that's what you're after.

As for the engine, it will be an 18R-C which you'll find is damn near indestructible but otherwise a piece of poo. There are plenty of engine swaps you can do if that's your thing, but it depends on your budget and goals.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My 75 Celica Sun, 18 September 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My bad, after looking at the pics I see it's a TA22 Celica (must be an early 75 model), which means it has the 1.6 litre 2T engine. Not a bad little engine and also pretty much impossible to kill, but not a lot of power. Again there are plenty of engine swaps you can do, although you're a bit more restricted because of the TA22's smaller engine bay.
CarForum.com.au
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: My 75 Celica Sun, 18 September 2005 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah my friend owns a garage and imports engines from japan so i should be able to find something around $3k which will give it alot of power.
But hopefully the stock engine will stay good for a while.
CarForum.com.au
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: My 75 Celica Sun, 18 September 2005 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any more ideas?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My 75 Celica Sun, 18 September 2005 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We have plenty of ideas here. You might have better luck if you try being a little more specific with your query though.
jeffro RA28
Regular

August 2004
Re: My 75 Celica Mon, 19 September 2005 10:18 Go to previous message
That car has alot of potential!

here are some links u may find usefull for parts

Toyhead auto. (overseas)

http://toyheadauto.com/Celica_Parts_1971_to_1977.h tml

Toysport (california i think)

http://www.toysport.com/webpages/WebUpdates/Catalo g/ToyotaEngineParts/catalog_engine_parts.htm

Vicks old auto rubber. for seals (Australian)

http://www.scottsoldautorubber.com.au/Toyota%20Cel ica%201967-76%20TA22-23-RA28%20Coupe.htm
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:clutch machining in sydney??
Next Topic:Tossing out old car batteries
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 11:26:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054759979248047 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.