Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
JDM KYB's Fri, 16 September 2005 08:51 Go to next message
Hello jerkoffs Laughing Laughing Laughing,

Rex has been trying to find out the heirarchy of KYB's JDM dampers. There are models such as:

- SR Special
- Climbgear
- Super Special for street/track
- Buzz-spec

Primarily seeking info on the SR Special and Climb-gear.

It would also be nice to know some specs but one cant expect the world when the scourge of motoring that is the drift mentality is teaching kiddies that suspension should be solid, second-hand and height adjustabe coilover'd or else its worthless.

Where the hell did that come from?

The Rex
  Send a private message to this user    
truenosedan1
Regular

July 2005
Re: JDM KYB's Fri, 16 September 2005 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hell0 there rex

i have launched some enquires into some super specials just recently and have had "no stock, no view for future stock"

they dont make any more for any pre 88 corolla/corona/sillycar/supra etc

at least going on the info i was given, good luck in your search...
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: JDM KYB's Fri, 16 September 2005 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll have a look see..

didn't know KYB stood for Kayaba? weird..
http://www.kyb.co.jp/english/menu_e.html
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: JDM KYB's Fri, 16 September 2005 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rex will be wanting to translate the descriptions at the bottom of this page
http://www.sigma-speed.co.jp/parts/pdf/kyb_shock.p df

using jim breens multiradical kanji page Razz

http://www.unicode.org/cgi-bin/GetUnihanData.pl?co depoint=4f38
http://www.unicode.org/cgi-bin/GetUnihanData.pl?co depoint=5074
http://www.unicode.org/cgi-bin/GetUnihanData.pl?co depoint=7e2e
and the rates are in %...

ok.
new SR special. stiffer street shock
super special. adjustable rates
climb gear. short troke shock. fixed rate
buzz spec. circuit shock. short stroke. dunno about rate, cbf looking up kanji Razz
lower/lowfer sports. short stroke, short shock for very low suspension.

that help?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: JDM KYB's Fri, 16 September 2005 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 19:33

I'll have a look see..

I found that out when i bought them and it said it on the box. Smile
"they don't make ones for the corona" yes and no, look on the whiteline website and you'll see there will be one that is supra/cressida/corona these are for the RT142, etc, I ended up with dodgy fronts somehow when i ordered them (for a double wishbone setup) but the rears were exactly the same. I got them from auto one. But whiteline was gonna source Kyb shocks as a package with the springs for my corona so they do exist.
I have had no problem with mine and have had them on for about 16 months now.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: JDM KYB's Fri, 16 September 2005 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 19:58

oldcorollas wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 19:33

I'll have a look see..

I found that out when i bought them and it said it on the box. Smile
"they don't make ones for the corona" yes and no, look on the whiteline website and you'll see there will be one that is supra/cressida/corona these are for the RT142, etc, I ended up with dodgy fronts somehow when i ordered them (for a double wishbone setup) but the rears were exactly the same. I got them from auto one. But whiteline was gonna source Kyb shocks as a package with the springs for my corona so they do exist.
I have had no problem with mine and have had them on for about 16 months now.

so do you know which model it is and how this fits in with the heirarchy of:

- SR Special
- Climbgear
- Super Special for street/track
- Buzz-spec

Oldcorollas is not sure how your post is relevant to Rex??
(sorry.. had to Razz )
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: JDM KYB's Fri, 16 September 2005 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The one on my car is Excel-G (basic ones) Smile
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: JDM KYB's Fri, 16 September 2005 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl =ja&u=http://www.carrex.net/main/parts/kyb/ind ex.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%2BSR%2BSpecial%2Bk yb%2Bbuzz%2Bclimb%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26safe%3Doff

カヤバ shock absorber - introduction

NEW SR SPECIAL
The running of normal with characteristic it is unsatisfactory cheaply. So what the ゴツゴツ it does well....
In advanced tire correspondence
Does not deteriorate riding comfort the setting which
It is superior in high-speed stability
Normal stroke
The " NEW SR SPECIAL " to be the tend unpleasant ゴツゴツ impression as much as possible after holding down, 、 running raises characteristic cheaply in the 、 former sport shock. setting model country No. 1, also the satisfactory impression is 100%. Comfortable riding comfort running of the extent which is surprised the shock absorber where characteristic is compatible cheaply in the higher-order origin - is.

Attenuation power quality
When 100% it does genuine, extension side 125% / it shrinks, side 115%
* Description above is to the last " standard ". Actually best attenuation power is set every model with the actual car test.

SUPER SPECIAL For STREET
Dislike there is no either normally close riding comfort. So high-speed cruising we would like to enjoy sometimes.

Attenuation power adjustment system
Normal stroke
The " SUPER SPECIAL FOR STREET " loads attenuation power 4 step adjustment function also approximately the 、. It is adapted to all scenes in the street. In you who know the enjoyment of meaning and the 、 of tuning best match. Just your street setup is possible.

When 100% it does genuine, extension side 100 - 150% / it shrinks, side 105 - 135%
* Description above is to the last " standard ". Actually best attenuation power is set every model with the actual car test.

CLIMB Gear
The pass and winding travelling are loved. The shock absorber of running concern - we would like to install.

Direct handling overtaking
Normal stroke
Short stroke
As for the " CLIMB Gear " the high-speed running in 、 tar Mack squeezing the target to characteristic cheaply, the development 、. the shock absorber - setting of the piston speed minute low-speed limits (0. 1m / S or less) it does severely and direct actualizes early responsiveness. Being able to meet, you do not adopt and attenuation power adjustment mechanism 、 stationary type. the リーズナ&a mp;#12502;ル also price structure is charm. It is the BASIC model for the user of running concern.
There is a short stroke model in part model.

When 100% it does genuine, extension side 150% / it shrinks, side 140%

BUZZ SPEC
The pass and travelling meeting are loved. The shock absorber which shows running above now - we would like to search.

Attenuation power adjustment system
Direct handling overtaking
In circuit travelling correspondence
Short stroke
The " BUZZ SPEC " was born by way of the development process which is similar to the suspension setting of the 、 racing machine. With the circuit now in order that it corresponds to the LOW forum which even common sense can be said it is short stroke specification. In order for the marketing car to be able to show 100% potential attenuation power setting in the circuit, after repeating the actual car test which is sufficient it is set. It is the brand which being serious, thought of the circuit tuning in the marketing car.

As for the " BUZZ SPEC " please refer to the 、 catalog data.
Each data which includes attenuation power is released.

LOWFER SPROTS
Wagon and one box in ローダウ&a mp;#12531;. But even 、 travelling efficiency we would not like to lose no matter what.

Does not deteriorate riding comfort the setting which
Short stroke
The " LOWFER SPROTS " becomes the basis of examination and 、 dress rise of the attenuation power which is necessary for 、 outdoor touring, it occurs with " LOW down ", it shrinks and it solves the trouble due to side stroke decrease. And being to have made 、 short stroke specification, it becomes the necessary item in the 、 cLow down user, probably will be.
* Being to use the 、 cLowfer SPORTS LHS spring in the actual car test, we recommend the exchange with 、 set.

When 100% it does genuine, extension side 130% / it shrinks, side 115%

Please inquire at the 、 カーレッ&a mp;#12463;ス each store concerning the conformity and the like of the commodity.

Back

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: JDM KYB's Fri, 16 September 2005 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rex,

I had a set of the gear climb shocks along with super streets. THe rear had the gear and front had ss. SS is adjustable has a setting near the piston. I found out when my dad had it removed and showed me before throwing it out. Could of had it rebuilt Crying or Very Sad
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JDM KYB's Fri, 16 September 2005 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys, I used to wonder exaclty the same thing. The 'regualr 'kyb website does not list kyb specials etc etc. Run your translators over THIS kyb website:

http://www.kybweb.com/kybes/new_pilot/html/index.h tml

Has descriptions, model #s, even pricing per model. As truenosedan says, they seem to be discontinued, but if you want to pay the $$$ there are new ones(old stock???) on yahoo japan. I recenty won some secondhand ones there. see my sig Very Happy
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JDM KYB's Fri, 16 September 2005 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If it helps at all, full sets of SR specials (for rwd toys like GA61 etc) are around 25,000 yen on yahoo japan; super specials around 48,000.
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JDM KYB's Sun, 18 September 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Big thanks lads, Especially to the Corollas of Old.

This all came about because The Rex cannot find a single listing for the AW11 in Australia outside Koni yellow adjustables which are approx $450 per end.

Whereas www.greenline.jp has the New SR Special, ClimbGear and SuperStreet's listed.

The Climbers and SR's can be bought and landed for around $700 - $750 (Assuming He gets not slogged $170 to have customs release them as with his HTS102's).

But without knowing or being able to find out the details its hard to weigh them against the Koni's.

But hang on,... After all duty shipping etc they wind up being only slightly cheaper than the Koni's, but where one is getting $900 worth of proven adjustable and rebuildable damper with the Koni's, One only gets $480 worth of seemingly unknown KYB dampers. The rest is spend on just getting them here.

He thinks he's just answerd his own question.

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: JDM KYB's Sun, 18 September 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KYB are very good rex, they are not an unkown quality. Smile
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JDM KYB's Sun, 18 September 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rex is not saying KYB's are not good... But that answer is not good enough, Which KYB's?, Suitable for what type of road surface/driving style?, Are they better for the money?

He is sure they will be fine, but for $1000 do you want fine? No, you want the best you can get for the money.

After importing and duty for $1k one may get the bottom of the range KYB that no one can say for sure is entirely suitable or for $1k one could get a set of Adjustable (Read: Tunable) street performance dampers with a well proven record.

The S/C AW11 because of its dynamics and unforgiving nature is not the kind of car one wants to short change suspension wise.

Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JDM KYB's Sun, 18 September 2005 08:34 Go to previous message
FWIW the super specials are externally adjustable, and IIRC adjust bump AND rebound at same time. Are the Konis you are looking at externally adjustable?

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1JZGTE stutter problem, pls help guys, my friend just bought a manual 92 soarer.. and she's single!
Next Topic:4agze ecu and injectors on NA setup?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 20:41:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048069953918457 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.