Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Who Saw Star Wars?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Who Saw Star Wars? Thu, 16 May 2002 00:19 Go to next message
Any other crazys out there see The Attack of the Clones early this morning,

I have to say that the special effects were awesome! , but they could have dumped the first hour and the last ten minutes that ruined the whole ending. On the plus side how good was Yoda!!!!!! the whole cinema cheered and clapped when he appears at that "special" time, was really awesome.

http://www.offthemark.com/Images/starwars/starwars03.gif
  Send a private message to this user    
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Who Saw Star Wars? Thu, 16 May 2002 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone know where to say downlod it apparently????? and was it a digi cam in cinima rip off or a copy off a dvd rip off?

Allan
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Who Saw Star Wars? Thu, 16 May 2002 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There would be hardly any chance of DVD rips so early after release...wasn't it only released in the US the other week?

I reckon the majorirty you'd get would be people who have dodgily sat in a cinema with a camera...my mum has a few VCD's like that, like people laughing and walking in front of the screen in Titanic Razz
Pranky
Newcomer

May 2002

Re: Who Saw Star Wars? Thu, 16 May 2002 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
telecined movies rips now are improving in quality, SWII svcd was released about 2 weeks ago on the net. I havnt gotten around to downloading to check quality thou.

And didnt it only get released in the states like tonite? (they're one day behind and all)

Bill Sherwood
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who Saw Star Wars? Thu, 16 May 2002 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You'd be surprised what you can get ovserseas in the way of new DVD's ... Wink
All sorts of things can be gotten in Indonesia, for example. The DVD quality '9' is the only one to get, and they cost about $7 or so.
CamryMan
Regular

May 2002
Re: Who Saw Star Wars? Thu, 16 May 2002 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got my ticket yesterday for the thursday night 6pm session
St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Who Saw Star Wars? Thu, 16 May 2002 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CamryMan wrote on Thu, 16 May 2002 11:37 AM

Got my ticket yesterday for the thursday night 6pm session

ahhahaa, good on ya Indonesia! ahah
St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Who Saw Star Wars? Thu, 16 May 2002 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BAH! friggin quote!
RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
Re: Who Saw Star Wars? Thu, 16 May 2002 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yawn caught the premiere at 12 last night.... was worth it to see yoda open a very large can Very Happy
MAK.33N
Occasional Poster

May 2002
Re: Who Saw Star Wars? Thu, 16 May 2002 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Watched it a liverpool GU with a group of mates last night, very enjoyable. Everyone, absolutely everyone cheered when yoda did his thing.

have to say though that ep 2 is far more enjoyable to watch then ep 1, i though it was going to be a kids movie when jarjar appeared, but thankfully he didnt play a large part. and the mass jedi fight was neat.
Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Who Saw Star Wars? Thu, 16 May 2002 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah there is a in cinima video'd version out
can be found at
www.sharereactor.com
but u need to use edonkey2000 to download it.

It is meant to be pretty dodgy though so personally I wouldn't ruin it Very Happy
DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

Re: Who Saw Star Wars? Thu, 16 May 2002 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
some awesome fight scenes!

omg yoda is my hero Smile

Redline
Regular

May 2002

Re: Who Saw Star Wars? Thu, 16 May 2002 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh went to the midnight show, top stuff

god damn..... how fkn hot is natalie portman....cant get over it.

Boostzor
Occasional Poster

May 2002
icon14.gif  Re: Who Saw Star Wars? Thu, 16 May 2002 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pisses all over the 1st one.
How cool is the seismic charges bit w00t!!
And f all jar jar was a big plus.
I want one of those big cat thingys:)
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Who Saw Star Wars? Thu, 16 May 2002 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh my god that movie sucked supreme ass.

Fuck that was shit. I am speachless, one crap episode I can deal with but how do they keep fucking it up??? I think they should talk to the guys that made The Scorpian King. Lame ass PG rating. I can't believe that they made it so shit. It's only redeeming factor is the mean Yoda. They should open another that only shoes that scene so that we don't have to waste the extra 130 mins.

The story was too involved, the fight scenes were too short, it was too politically orientated, Anakin only fought with two lightsabres for 30 seconds or so, Yoda didn't fight for long enough, the Jedi's weren't tough enough(for gods sake unlimited power in the whole universe and he still gets wet in the rain!).....the list goes on and on and on... Damn that movie could've been good. Hasn't any of them seen Ninja Scroll!!!!!

Sorry but I just got out of the cinema, I had to tell something...

Tim.
MaNGeW
Forums Junkie

Formerly TRD_RoLLa

May 2002
Re: Who Saw Star Wars? Thu, 16 May 2002 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My cousins won tickets to the premier of starwars last nite. Lucky barstards. Laughing Well kinda, they made "a lot" of phone calls to the competition line. So i guess it cost them a fair bit for premier tickets. They watched it at 6pm. I think with all the celebs. Must of by the looks of it. It was all over the news last nite. The atmosphere of the crowd looked wicked. Fans dressed up in character etc. Anyways i have yet to watch the movie. Deliberately avoided the spoilers and ads etc. Saving it for the big day Very Happy or should i say when im not working. Friggin working weekends suck big time, especially the social life.

As for VCD and movie rips. Well i wouldn't bother. Its best to see this movie on the big screen. Well i hope it will be.

May the force be with you...... Cool
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon4.gif  Toymods at the Drive in ! Fri, 17 May 2002 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check out the Cruises and Events ection for Full details but This Saturdays trip to the drive in (May 18th) is to see the movie for those who as yet haven't and those who want to see it again Smile

Sorry to those who couldn't wait but it was Star Wars or a Musclebound Pensioner. (Arny's new movie) Rolling Eyes
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who Saw Star Wars? Fri, 17 May 2002 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Saw it at chermside 9am this morning.

Fucking awesome. I want to see again.

I definatly recommend seeing this movie THEN going and downloading it if you were so inclined. Don't ruin it by not seeing it on the big screen first.

I'm in for a repeat for sure.

Only one "funny" thing. It's pretty funny how those first gen storm troopers kicked so much arse. Man, those guys owned. How did they end up going from kickarse huge rifles in ep2, down to pissy inaccurate sidearms in ep4-6?

BTW, I agree with Redline. Oh man, when they first got her back to Naboo for "safe keeping". DROOL. Why didn't she wear that for the rest of the movie? Shocked Smile
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who Saw Star Wars? Fri, 17 May 2002 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude, you obviously werent looking when anakin was relaying that message from obe wan... when they were in the cockpit... natalie was high beamin, and fuck me hail mary full of grace!!

and when she got her shirt torn in that arena... what fuckin abs! head could do with an overhaul, but baby!! yeah...

cheers
ed
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who Saw Star Wars? Fri, 17 May 2002 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Notice how her top seemed to get shorter and shorter.

Why even bother downloading a rip version of Stars Wars. What a waste of time watching a film full of awesome special effects and sound if you cant see it or hear it proberly.
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Who Saw Star Wars? Fri, 17 May 2002 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Urmm guys whats with all the swearing......we never had it in the old forums and I see no need for it here....especially just in general conversation...can you all please use a bit of self control and keep your responses clean
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Who Saw Star Wars? Sat, 18 May 2002 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just saw it this morning - oooh did you see the bit where Jar-Jar kisses Yoda? Gross....

but yeah the movie was pretty good...
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who Saw Star Wars? Sat, 18 May 2002 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe we should ask admin to turn on the profanity filter for people that can control the selfs. He has a point, bad language on forums are just irrating .
St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Who Saw Star Wars? Sat, 18 May 2002 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Went and seen star wars last night...and for not a HUGE star wars fan, really enjoyed it.

Classic bits wherever that New Zealand kid spoke!! LMFAO.

Yeah, loved it.
frebbles
Regular

May 2002

Re: Who Saw Star Wars? Sat, 18 May 2002 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Saw it yesterday...
Attention to detail in this film was stunning, and yeah it had a lot more story than the first...hmm...and the story was a bit upsetting that they'd show small clips to show continuity *for example a light saber falling somewhere to show they lost it(doesn't happen but is an example)* and then they somehow manage to teleport some droids to another planet when they are shown to be left behind...hmmm...anyone else notice this?

Pretty cool to see the parts of the story starting to link up...

Good fun movie, acting could be a lot better for the size of this film, but yeah, amazing rollercoaster ride...
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who Saw Star Wars? Sat, 18 May 2002 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
frebbles wrote on Sun, 19 May 2002 8:34 AM

and the story was a bit upsetting that they'd show small clips to show continuity *for example a light saber falling somewhere to show they lost it(doesn't happen but is an example)* and then they somehow manage to teleport some droids to another planet when they are shown to be left behind...hmmm...anyone else notice this?

The sabers being lost footage fitted right in. Didn't seem to be tacked on to me.

If you mean when the big fight in the arena was over and they "left" r2 and c3po there, well, they didn't actually leave that planet. They pulled out for a chase. I guess what you didn't see was the droids being picked up. Just like you didn't see them getting back to her house in the country on Naboo........ Wink So did they just teleport there too?

Please tell me if I'm way off. That's the only thing I can think of when droids and left behind is mentioned.

Seeing it again next week. Smile
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who Saw Star Wars? Sat, 18 May 2002 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IRA11Y wrote on Sat, 18 May 2002 9:16 AM

Urmm guys whats with all the swearing......we never had it in the old forums and I see no need for it here....especially just in general conversation...can you all please use a bit of self control and keep your responses clean

Sorry dude, but it's like, "good" swearing. I mean, I could be talking like that german dude in the wog boy, but I don't. Smile

Surely you can tell the context was not bad.
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Here's my review Sat, 18 May 2002 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

As IRA11Y says it's a bit slow in the first part, but I guess that's all relative 'cause the action in the later parts is pretty full on.

I think Lucas did a pretty good job on the storyline actually, eg. we now know why darth vader uses "storm troopers" in Ep. 4,5 & 6 and not those robot droid thingy's... Ep. 3 should tie up with ep 4 nicely I think. Since we now know the ending of Ep 2, and the beginning of Ep 4, plus the main storyline from 4, 5 & 6, it should be easy to figure out the main plot in Ep 3..

I think George Lucas made a blunder in Ep. 1 by making Anakin so young - he could have made him older in Ep 1 and not affect the story so much (maybe even strengthen it). It's hard to believe that anakin has grown so much yet everyone around him looks pretty much the same.

I think the movie had a similar feel to it like TESB (Ep 5), especially the ending which leaves you hanging in a similar way. Let's hope the acting gets better in Ep 3. At least now the kiwis have an idea of how to create a rugby team that could beat Australia Razz

rgrds
sam
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Here's my review Sun, 19 May 2002 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
urmmm all im gona say is

crusaders 96 nsw 16 hehehe
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Who Saw Star Wars? Sun, 19 May 2002 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seen it last night, It was awesome
how funny are the kiwi accents

"funish im off did"

no offence to any kiwis Smile
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Who Saw Star Wars? Sun, 19 May 2002 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did anyone notice that the guard at the very beginning looked just like all the clones once grown up in the "factory"?

Do you think it meant something, or was just a coincidence (or maybe I missed something).
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Who Saw Star Wars? Sun, 19 May 2002 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are u talking about the guard at the start that aslo looks like vaders head officer in the firsth 3 star wars???
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who Saw Star Wars? Sun, 19 May 2002 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i noticed that similarity too but the clones were supposed to be made from boba fetts dad (jenga fett?)... might just be that they look a little the same, i only remember seeing the clones for a split second...
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Who Saw Star Wars? Sun, 19 May 2002 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oz_Craig wrote on Sun, 19 May 2002 10:58 AM

are u talking about the guard at the start that aslo looks like vaders head officer in the firsth 3 star wars???

I'm talking about the guard in the very first scene when the spaceships land. The kiwi looking security bloke.

I'll check it out more closely next time I see it, but that was the impression I got.
Chris_RA60
Regular

May 2002
Re: Who Saw Star Wars? Sun, 19 May 2002 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The only annoying part for me was the 'cliche' anakin/natalie portman scenes (running through the meadow etc..) that had been ripped off about 100 other hollywood movies.

Im not a huge star wars fan, but it was a very good movie. And Yoda is a god, though i reckon he sould have whooped Dooku's arse.
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who Saw Star Wars? Sun, 19 May 2002 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, apologies for the profanity...

seeing it again tonight with the old man, will look out for that kiwi gaurd!

its weired thinking that all this time, all those stormtroopers were kiwis... guess it explains why theyre so bloody clumbsy!!

cheers
ed
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who Saw Star Wars? Sun, 19 May 2002 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris_RA60 wrote on Sun, 19 May 2002 2:21 PM

The only annoying part for me was the 'cliche' anakin/natalie portman scenes (running through the meadow etc..) that had been ripped off about 100 other hollywood movies.

Im not a huge star wars fan, but it was a very good movie. And Yoda is a god, though i reckon he sould have whooped Dooku's arse.

Yoda should have. In fact I thought he would, because you see a droid going onto the ship before that fight. I thought that that ship would have taken off and that the droid that went on had the plans for the ultimate weapon. (DS).

But, nah, didn't end up like that. That guy will just HAVE to be in #3.

Quote:

I think George Lucas made a blunder in Ep. 1 by making Anakin so young - he could have made him older in Ep 1 and not affect the story so much (maybe even strengthen it). It's hard to believe that anakin has grown so much yet everyone around him looks pretty much the same.

Nah not really. At the start Anakin reminded me of obi wan in the first one.
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Who Saw Star Wars? Sun, 19 May 2002 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ed_ma61 wrote on Sun, 19 May 2002 2:41 PM

ok, apologies for the profanity...

seeing it again tonight with the old man, will look out for that kiwi gaurd!

its weired thinking that all this time, all those stormtroopers were kiwis... guess it explains why theyre so bloody clumbsy!!

cheers
ed

well said man hahaha
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Who Saw Star Wars? Sun, 19 May 2002 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, well you can carry on about Star Wars, but Space Odyssey 2001 is still light years ahead. Razz
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Who Saw Star Wars? Sun, 19 May 2002 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just saw it. Quite entertaining. I love the fight scenes. Smile

They should have thought of more imaginative ways of fighting using the Force though...
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Who Saw Star Wars? Sun, 19 May 2002 15:27 Go to previous message
Hey GT, don't even try to compare Steven to Stanley.... they're like apples & oranges!
Stanley on a whole other level.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Idling.. Normal Or weird..?
Next Topic:Tv Commericial! lol! really funny!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 17:49:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0070409774780273 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.