Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » What is the smallest profile available in 14" tyres?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
WHITCHY
Forums Junkie

August 2003
What is the smallest profile available in 14" tyres? Sun, 18 September 2005 09:01 Go to next message
I am looking for some 14" tyres, and the smallest profile I can find is 60.
And I saw somewhere on here that someone had some Bridgestone 195/55 R14 tyres.
I was just wondering if anyone can tell me if they make a profile smaller than this, and if so where can I find them? or where can I find some 195/55's? I have searched all the tyre websites that I can think of, and the best I could come up with was 185/50R14, but I think that will be too thin to fit on a 7" rim! or will it fit?
Thanks heaps to anyone that can offer any information, and help point me in the right direction!
Cheers.
-Whitchy-
  Send a private message to this user    
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What is the smallest profile available in 14" tyres? Sun, 18 September 2005 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if u go lower than 60's on 14's itll knock ur speedo out. 195/55 is usually a very common 15inch tyre and ive never seen anything lower than a 60 profile in 14 inch tyres.

is there a particular reason you want a lower profile than 60?
bluehachi
Regular

September 2005
Re: What is the smallest profile available in 14" tyres? Sun, 18 September 2005 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can get 185/55/14's but they are not a common tyre size
WHITCHY
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: What is the smallest profile available in 14" tyres? Sun, 18 September 2005 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just want a smaller profile cause I hate baloon tyres! I had 50 profile tyres on my old 15" rims and they looked nice, and then when I went to a 60 profile it just looked so gay cause the tyres have such a huge sidewall.
and also handling, I want as little sidewall flex as possible.
And acceleration, when I had my 50 profile tyres on it was nice, and when I changed to 60 profile it made my gears noticably longer.
I have found some 195/45 R14 Tyres by a company in germany called Fulda. I'm gonna go down to Bob Jane, because it says on their website thay have exclusive import rights, and I will see what they can do for me.
As for the speedo problem, with the 60 profiles I have now with my 15" rims my speedo is out, so I am used to just going with the traffic, and just sitting 10-15kms under the speed limit at speed cameras and around cops just to make sure.

Other than the fulda tyres, the widest tyre I can find is 185 in a 50 and a 55 profile, and I don't think such a small profile will be able to stretch onto a 7" rim very safely.

I shall continue my search!Thanks for the info so far.
Cheers.
-Whitchy-
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What is the smallest profile available in 14" tyres? Sun, 18 September 2005 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Let us know what you find mate, because shortly i'll be on the hunt for some 205*55 14" tyres, or 195*55 .. Once those RS-8's arrive from Japan for the AE86.

styler
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: What is the smallest profile available in 14" tyres? Mon, 19 September 2005 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had the same problem and its just not worth it. uncommon tyre sizes will set you back a mint, like 8 inch wide 13's etc or low profile 45 14's.
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: What is the smallest profile available in 14" tyres? Mon, 19 September 2005 02:33 Go to previous message
I have Yoko A539 185/55/14s. They are perfect for a 7 inch rim.. Problem is they stopped making them in this size.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:20v ae82 - engeneering cert
Next Topic:4AGE idle and cold-start problem
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 01:52:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0040478706359863 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.