Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
billmchenry
Regular

June 2005
3sgte boost Mon, 19 September 2005 08:58 Go to next message
hey

i was wondering how much boost a 3sgte (st165 engine) should hav at the compressor. is it 7 psi?

thanks ty
  Send a private message to this user    
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: 3sgte boost Mon, 19 September 2005 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
at the compressor im not sure..but i know 5psi in 1st and second and 7 in 3rd and above at the tb..i guess it would be pretty similar at the compressor due to the lack of intake piping and such
dayzii
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: 3sgte boost Mon, 19 September 2005 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i read 9psi is what they should have. CT20?
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: 3sgte boost Mon, 19 September 2005 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no ct26, and yeh wat DV said sounds bout right for stock motor
crazedrt104
Regular

March 2003
Re: 3sgte boost Mon, 19 September 2005 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got 6Psi in 1st and 2nd and then 8Psi in 3rd til i hit bout 4000rpm then it drops back to 5psi
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
Re: 3sgte boost Tue, 20 September 2005 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crazedrt104 wrote on Tue, 20 September 2005 08:41

i got 6Psi in 1st and 2nd and then 8Psi in 3rd til i hit bout 4000rpm then it drops back to 5psi

Back to 5! Shocked
Time to get some mods dude! You running stock exhaust and air intake?
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: 3sgte boost Tue, 20 September 2005 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

mine used to do that sometimes when it was stock..i just put it down to the age of the car and components that the tvsv wasnt working completely like it should...disable the tvsv, slap a boost controller on that sucker and get her up to 12 psi Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad, problem solved...grin increased Laughing
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3sgte boost Tue, 20 September 2005 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-=DV=- wrote on Tue, 20 September 2005 11:31

mine used to do that sometimes when it was stock..i just put it down to the age of the car and components that the tvsv wasnt working completely like it should...disable the tvsv, slap a boost controller on that sucker and get her up to 12 psi Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad, problem solved...grin increased Laughing

Drive for a while - blow your headgasket , cause the HG wont stand up to higher boost for many miles , rebuild , or replace with st205 motor - win
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: 3sgte boost Tue, 20 September 2005 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for a gen 1 or 2?

i've running .50BAR - .70BAR on my gen 2 ST185 is that fine?
billmchenry
Regular

June 2005
Re: 3sgte boost Tue, 20 September 2005 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its a gen 1 3sgte. It is around 6.5psi in every gear and holds right up to redline. I ran the piping to the wastegate actuator where i put in a T piece.

When i change gears the boost spikes up to 9 or 10 just for an instant. is this normal wit the gen 1?

thanks
ty
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: 3sgte boost Tue, 20 September 2005 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Tue, 20 September 2005 18:14

-=DV=- wrote on Tue, 20 September 2005 11:31

Drive for a while - blow your headgasket , cause the HG wont stand up to higher boost for many miles , rebuild , or replace with st205 motor - win

20,000+ k's and its running better now than it was the day i got it, i think its very safe unless u go mental, grab an fcd and start boosting it past what toyota have decided as safe
crazedrt104
Regular

March 2003
Re: 3sgte boost Tue, 20 September 2005 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the car is stock 140k

i thought the psi drop in third form 8 to 5 was caused by the down pipe being to restrictive?? thoughts??

i think it might be time for an aussie and a 3" system
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 3sgte boost Tue, 20 September 2005 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crazedrt104 wrote on Wed, 21 September 2005 06:24

i thought the psi drop in third form 8 to 5 was caused by the down pipe being to restrictive?? thoughts??

Could be, if it's anything like the 1GGTE one I pulled off the other day, it's ugggly.
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: 3sgte boost Wed, 21 September 2005 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crazedrt104 wrote on Wed, 21 September 2005 08:24

the car is stock 140k

i think it might be time for an aussie and a 3" system

i dont think it would be due to restrictions man, uness ur exhaust has been crushed under there somewhere, these things were designed to operate around 7-8 psi in the higher gears so i doubt toyota would have made them too restrictive for that....can u feel a power drop when u notice the boost drops?
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: 3sgte boost Wed, 21 September 2005 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol boost = power less boost = less power

silly question Razz.....

-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: 3sgte boost Wed, 21 September 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
berad wrote on Wed, 21 September 2005 15:31

lol boost = power less boost = less power

silly question Razz.....

i was asking as it could be a problem with ur guage, or where u have run the boost line...ie billmchenry sounds like what he is reading is the wastegate closing and pressure quickly jumping just before it opens again? considering his guage is running from the wastegate actuator line...i dunno im no expert, ive got alot of learning to do...but im having a go Smile
billmchenry
Regular

June 2005
Re: 3sgte boost Wed, 21 September 2005 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does the gen 1 3sgte hav a plumb back bov?

I will put the low boost down 2 the stock st162 exhaust that is current on it. Dont worry it will soon b thrown away when my 3" dump is made and i put 2.5" system on.

-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: 3sgte boost Wed, 21 September 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah it doesnt have a bov of any description man Sad...at the moment ive got an atmospheric BOV sitting in my passenger footwell i want to convert to plumback soon, but im having trouble finding the size hose id need to plumb it back..and as all things it frequently gets put on hold to repair gtfour stuff lol
crazedrt104
Regular

March 2003
Re: 3sgte boost Wed, 21 September 2005 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

[/quote]

i was asking as it could be a problem with ur guage, or where u have run the boost line...
[/quote]

The guage is roughly 2 months old, autometer, and its connected to the top left of the throttle body
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: 3sgte boost Wed, 21 September 2005 23:49 Go to previous message
ahhh k...could just be the tvsv system failing then? disable it, grab a cheap boost controller and push 8 psi...if it still cant hold the boost..atleast then ya know its not ya tvsv...and ya didnt spend hundreds on an exhaust system to find out
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE92 4a gze stuff
Next Topic:4AGE 20V Silvertop Differences?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 12:36:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050649642944336 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.