Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » How badly do cars rust in Aussie?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
roman
Newcomer

September 2005
How badly do cars rust in Aussie? Mon, 19 September 2005 23:17 Go to next message
Here in NZ, where it never stops raining Rolling Eyes rust is a pretty big problem for older cars.

Especially since the country is a long narrow strip of land, we cant escape the corrosive salty sea breezes.

So I was wondering.... Whats it like in Australia?

A lot of really nice old classics are slowly dying over here. Sad

Although I suppose my car is 15 or 16 this year, which is kind of old. Razz
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: How badly do cars rust in Aussie? Mon, 19 September 2005 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rust is pretty prevalent in most old cars over here too, if you live away from the coast you have a good chance of protecting it a little better but there will be very little chance of finding an old car in australia that didn't have rust and those that don't generally have been in museums all their life or been restored and had rust cut out.
My grandfather had an austin tasman that when they got rid of it i don't think it had any rust and my neighbours early ke rolla doesn't have any but these cars have sat in garages for the past 15+ years without moving. Rolling Eyes
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: How badly do cars rust in Aussie? Mon, 19 September 2005 23:42 Go to previous message
most of my 35+ year old KE1X'S had either no rust or tiny tiny amounts.... except for frotn 1/4 guards of course Wink

i think the 80's car hit a nw low in metal quality and it hasn' gone up much form there, so expect sub 20 year old cars to have worse rust than their predecessors...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:TA22 Questions
Next Topic:Should I swap my ST185 for a UZZ31 Soarer?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 18:19:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051190853118896 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.