Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Does anyone know what this MR2 is wearing ?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Does anyone know what this MR2 is wearing ? Mon, 19 September 2005 15:30 Go to next message
Hello,

I've just seen a pic of this MR2 and just out of curiocity - does anyone know / can confirm if this is a "TOMS" kit / car etc ? i saw this picture from following one of the sponsors ads. I think the new lines to this MR2 make it look very nice.

http://www.jap.com.au/mr2/mr2tomsfront.jpg
  Send a private message to this user    
Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: Does anyone know what this MR2 is wearing ? Mon, 19 September 2005 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oops, my mistake. Embarassed

[Updated on: Mon, 19 September 2005 15:32]

Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: Does anyone know what this MR2 is wearing ? Mon, 19 September 2005 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks nice.
I think if it had a small arch flare on the rear so you could run a bit wider tire that would top it right off.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Does anyone know what this MR2 is wearing ? Mon, 19 September 2005 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think its pretty difficult to make an sw20 look bad (im not saying it hasnt been done) but at the end of the day its still a barge compared with the aw11
sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Does anyone know what this MR2 is wearing ? Tue, 20 September 2005 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte, do you feel that its really that much of a barge next to the aw11 ? I've driven both the AW11 (stock, took it easy) and an early model sw20 turbo (pushed quite hard) and with its tricked suspension (jap import) it did seem to do quite well around corners. The last time i was in an AW11 it nearly swapped ends.. twitchy.

Perhaps i need a refresher.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Does anyone know what this MR2 is wearing ? Tue, 20 September 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yup definatley a barge compared to an aw11.

Ive never had a problem with mine in both lsd/non lsd supercharged / n/a or with stock/modified susspension. The only time my car has swaped ends is when i had bald tyres. I think that can be said about all cars tho...

An aw11 is alot cheaper and easier to make quick than a sw20 just look what happens when you put a mildly moded gen 3 3sgte into one.

The aw11 is lighter and less compromising than a sw20 which deviates quite alot from the original mr2 concept.

Having said that alot of people prefer the sw20 shape to the aw11 so i guess the sw20 wins out there.

but i shouldnt be rambling on about this as its not the point of the thread so ill leave it at that....
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Does anyone know what this MR2 is wearing ? Tue, 20 September 2005 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yup thats a toms body kit though i'd preffer the border kit its alot more aerodynamic.

I drive an sw20 but my first choice would be aw11, zzw30 then SW20
I just love the wedginess of the aw11!
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Does anyone know what this MR2 is wearing ? Tue, 20 September 2005 04:07 Go to previous message
dont know what kit it is but it lokos good. nice and subtle.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Gearbox question?!
Next Topic:ke25 door
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 10:24:15 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0041711330413818 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.