Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » best place for boost?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
best place for boost? Sat, 17 September 2005 00:25 Go to next message
I read somewhere (it may have been here but i can't find it again) about the different places to run your gauge off. and it got me wondering ,running a boost gauge off the plenum chamber (or whatever it is called) would yield different results from running it straight off the turbos or after the IC. Is this true? where should the gauge be run from? and does before and after the "throttle" make a difference?

Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: best place for boost? Sat, 17 September 2005 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to the best of my knowledge the guage has to be run after the tb....well doesnt have to..but thats where it should be run..
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: best place for boost? Sat, 17 September 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh after the TB is where i've always read it from. The 1G-GTE has plenty of ports you can use/tap into.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: best place for boost? Sun, 18 September 2005 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After the TB is the ONLY place to connect a boost gauge. Putting it before the TB will give you boost readings that don't make any sense (eg high boost at part throttle when the engine is actually seeing vacuum).
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: best place for boost? Sun, 18 September 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats exactly what i was wondering the other day Confused

Smile

question;
is there a place where best fuel economy is achieved??
......like no boost/no vac or slight boost?

Kyosho
Regular

November 2004
Re: best place for boost? Sun, 18 September 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It depends on what boost you want to read.
Do you want to read your boost that the turbos are putting out?
The booost the intake side of Intercooler is seeing? Output side of intercooler?
Would you like to know the boost the engine is seeing?

Answer that question first, and you'll know where to put the boost guage in at.
dayzii
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: best place for boost? Tue, 20 September 2005 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Sun, 18 September 2005 08:59

After the TB is the ONLY place to connect a boost gauge. Putting it before the TB will give you boost readings that don't make any sense (eg high boost at part throttle when the engine is actually seeing vacuum).

Confused whoops.. hey what about boost guages that measure vacuum aswell?

Also shouldnt boost gauges be directly after turbos to get a accurate measure of boost?
Meguiars
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: best place for boost? Tue, 20 September 2005 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
think of it like this -
if u run the guage straight after the turbo, u wont necessarily be reading the boost ur engine is running.
wat if u have a small boost leak somewhere in the plumbing??????????? u could be running less than u think u r

u could always run two.
one just after the turbo, and one just after the TB. if u really wanted to be stupidly accurate
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: best place for boost? Tue, 20 September 2005 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dayzii wrote on Tue, 20 September 2005 12:26

Also shouldnt boost gauges be directly after turbos to get a accurate measure of boost?

No. The only relevant pressure reading is the one being seen my the engine (ie after the TB). Who cares how much pressure is in your inlet piping? It has no direct relevance to the operation of the engine.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: best place for boost? Tue, 20 September 2005 06:57 Go to previous message
and finally it has clicked to me how BOV's work. i knew round about but could work out how to get such a large pressure difference to make them open
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1JZ EUC wiring diagram
Next Topic:Brakes
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 11:23:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0040628910064697 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.