Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
EMD-AE86
Occasional Poster

February 2005
ST165 front bar help Mon, 19 September 2005 10:03 Go to next message
Hey
Has anyone on here ever fitted a front bar from an ST165 to an ST162 celica? Or does anyone know how to?
I have seen cars with the converted fron but dont know how to do it myself, i have also looked at photos of ST165 fronts and they have an extra piece of plastic on the sides Shocked Shocked Shocked
i dont know what this means but i hope it doesnt screw up my plans....
Cheers in advance Wink
  Send a private message to this user    
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST165 front bar help Mon, 19 September 2005 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2 big assed bolts from underneath the car, take them off and the bar slides off. It'll look awesome from the front, but won't match the sides. I'm in the same boat.
billmchenry on toymods is trying to organise for some side bits to be fabricated for us st162 owners with st165 front bars. That should make the sides line up properly. PM him and let him know if you're interested, not sure on a price yet. But if you're serious on putting the gt4 bar on, you really gotta get the side bits.
Good luck.
EMD-AE86
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: ST165 front bar help Mon, 19 September 2005 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh awesome!
Are you getting it done too?
Yeah those side bits would be good.
So i wont meed any extra bolts?
And these are the only bolts holding on the front bar?
Cool! And aso, what is with the GT4 cant the side bits be taken off of that? or are they part of the car?
Thanks again in advance!

[Updated on: Mon, 19 September 2005 10:52]

EMD-AE86
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: ST165 front bar help Mon, 19 September 2005 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh also, how much did you pay for your GT4 Bar?
I was quoted $550 without the lights and that seems a little steep Mad
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST165 front bar help Mon, 19 September 2005 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$550! I'll sell you mine for less than that!!! Shocked
I've had the st165 bar for a while now, i had it on for a few weeks but it really didn't look very good without the side bits. (And yes, that's the technical term for them "side bits" Laughing )
You won't need anymore bolts or anything, it will bolt straight on. The front 1/4 panels on the st165s are different from the st162s, they flair out more and go further down, to meet up with the st165 front bar.
Throw the bar on and have a look how it doesn't match up.
If you're gonna pay $550, just get a front bar from SSV, i almost sold mine for $200, but mines isn't in great condition.
Hope this helps.
EMD-AE86
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: ST165 front bar help Tue, 20 September 2005 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, the one i found was at Jetspeed.
Im in adelaide so its pretty hard to find front bars etc around here. I might get yours actually, where are you?
In NSW right? Because im in adelaide
And also, when you say yours isnt in great condition....if its a different colour to the car which it is going on, if theyre going to paint it why dotn they just fix th scratches too?
I cant be that hard can it?
How much is postage for an item like the front bar?
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST165 front bar help Tue, 20 September 2005 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i was kinda kidding when i said you can have mine for less than $550. I think i want to keep it, (not 100%) yet. I also don't want to charge you a rediculous price for it either!
In regards to shipping, i have aboslutely no idea.
I'm in Newcastle.
If i can get the side bits i'll get them and the bar painted, the scratches are on the bottom so i'm not too worried about them.
Oh and my st165 front bar is grey.
EMD-AE86
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: ST165 front bar help Tue, 20 September 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol
ok Razz i just saw your post where you are selling the bar.
Do you know anyone else selling a front bar from a GT4?
It is hard to find a front bar in Adelaide Crying or Very Sad
billmchenry
Regular

June 2005
Re: ST165 front bar help Tue, 20 September 2005 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry everyone who was interested in the fibreglass side bits. I was quoted $500 - $600 to get the moulds made. And then i would hav 2 get sumone 2 make the bits from the mould. Then there is the issue about the metal brackets...

If u r goin 2 fit a st165 front bar to a st162 u will need the st165 panels as they hav a specail bits that the metal bracket clips into.

ty
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST165 front bar help Tue, 20 September 2005 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id hate to have to track those panels down :S...im so glad i killed my 162 and baught a 165 Very Happy
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST165 front bar help Wed, 21 September 2005 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn! Mad
Oh well.
EMD-AE86
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: ST165 front bar help Wed, 21 September 2005 02:18 Go to previous message
Yeah that sucks, i could make a mould though couldnt i from the litlle side bits from the GT4 out of clay, then transfer to plaster adn make fiberglass castings?
If so i would need to borrow someones front bumper "side parts" Razz
That way i could give the moulds to anyone else too right?
And then you can just glue the fiberglass onto the ST162 sides?! once they have been painted of course.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Igniter off Coil (Ignition Woes)
Next Topic:2s to 3s-gte
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 12:08:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004558801651001 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.