Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » the ultimate car mag is? hot 4's. no. seriously now...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
rn-85
Occasional Poster

September 2005
the ultimate car mag is? hot 4's. no. seriously now... Tue, 20 September 2005 12:05 Go to next message
after reading the post about speed magazine i came to thinking which mag is the best reading with decent articles and good cars without the crap. hpi is alright, perth street car is good and performance build ups is over my head.
  Send a private message to this user    
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: the ultimate car mag is? hot 4's. no. seriously now... Tue, 20 September 2005 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hpi and drift battle = teh win.

Eldar.O.
Vee_469
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: the ultimate car mag is? hot 4's. no. seriously now... Tue, 20 September 2005 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Max Power - The Definitive Guide to Arsing About in Cars

- Vee
bman
Regular

November 2003
Re: the ultimate car mag is? hot 4's. no. seriously now... Tue, 20 September 2005 20:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rolls and pleats. best traditional hot rod mag.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: the ultimate car mag is? hot 4's. no. seriously now... Tue, 20 September 2005 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it has to be DORIFTO.... (actually it's dorifto tengoku but.. meh) (i'm kidding, it's shit. bodykits, rock hard suspension and.. thats it...)

there's an aussie bi/tri monthly one.... something buildups? actually has decent tech articles from time to time..

[Updated on: Wed, 21 September 2005 04:50]

cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: the ultimate car mag is? hot 4's. no. seriously now... Tue, 20 September 2005 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Theres a new Aussie one called Racer, full of tech articles and buildups, mainly focused on gras-roots racing. Pretty cool little mag.

PS, Oldcorollas, what does the "Tengoku" mean? Razz

[Updated on: Tue, 20 September 2005 23:49]

Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: the ultimate car mag is? hot 4's. no. seriously now... Tue, 20 September 2005 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I assume you talking about RACE?

Awesome magazine, assuming you're after actual tech articles instead of "which shop do I buy this from?".
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: the ultimate car mag is? hot 4's. no. seriously now... Wed, 21 September 2005 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Race.
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: the ultimate car mag is? hot 4's. no. seriously now... Wed, 21 September 2005 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah my dad bought a copy of this the other week. very cool, quite technical. the one he bought had a 7mgte soarer sports sedan (the guy is a member of this forum im pretty sure)
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: the ultimate car mag is? hot 4's. no. seriously now... Wed, 21 September 2005 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll probably get flamed for even suggesting in but in terms of technical info Street commodores shits on most of the performance 4 mags, they are kinda leaning towards more rice mods now, but general if they have a serious car they give plenty of technical info and data about what has been done.

We are talking mainstream mags here i take it, cos as has been said there are mags dedicated to this engineering side of info as well but alas pubenscent teens are only interested in a couple of things, peak power and the insane rpm its acieved at, how big the rims/ gt wing it and if it can pull atleast a 12 second qtr.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: the ultimate car mag is? hot 4's. no. seriously now... Wed, 21 September 2005 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ehendrikd wrote on Wed, 21 September 2005 10:08

yeah my dad bought a copy of this the other week. very cool, quite technical. the one he bought had a 7mgte soarer sports sedan (the guy is a member of this forum im pretty sure)

Yeah there was a post on it about a year back destroked to 2.5L i believe.
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: the ultimate car mag is? hot 4's. no. seriously now... Wed, 21 September 2005 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
street machine.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: the ultimate car mag is? hot 4's. no. seriously now... Wed, 21 September 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone remember Street n Strip? Very Happy
andrij
Regular

December 2003
Re: the ultimate car mag is? hot 4's. no. seriously now... Wed, 21 September 2005 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cannonball wrote on Wed, 21 September 2005 13:58

Anyone remember Street n Strip? Very Happy

Yep, had many issues in the late 80's.
Many posters on the walls of my room, in the Nurse's Quarters.

I read Zoom, it is pretty good, just my opinion tho.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: the ultimate car mag is? hot 4's. no. seriously now... Wed, 21 September 2005 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tengoku means paradise in japanese
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: the ultimate car mag is? hot 4's. no. seriously now... Wed, 21 September 2005 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vee_469 wrote on Wed, 21 September 2005 00:46

Max Power - The Definitive Guide to Arsing About in Cars

- Vee

in meatloaf voice " you took the words right out of my mouth"
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: the ultimate car mag is? hot 4's. no. seriously now... Wed, 21 September 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NIce falsetto there Sexy16
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: the ultimate car mag is? hot 4's. no. seriously now... Wed, 21 September 2005 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seriously max power is nearly twice the size of all other car mags with some hot chicky babes thrown in also
love the back pages and cruise patrol also and also that speed camera terrorist squad that destroys them Laughing
sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: the ultimate car mag is? hot 4's. no. seriously now... Wed, 21 September 2005 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Racecar Engineering
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: the ultimate car mag is? hot 4's. no. seriously now... Wed, 21 September 2005 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In no particular order...

Racecar Engineering
EVO
TopGear
Track and Race Cars

sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: the ultimate car mag is? hot 4's. no. seriously now... Wed, 21 September 2005 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh yeah..

EVO is a good read.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: the ultimate car mag is? hot 4's. no. seriously now... Thu, 22 September 2005 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Race Car Eng. is good
zoom and street machine is all i buy tho
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: the ultimate car mag is? hot 4's. no. seriously now... Thu, 22 September 2005 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zoom is about all I buy these days also.
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: the ultimate car mag is? hot 4's. no. seriously now... Thu, 22 September 2005 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unforgiven wrote on Wed, 21 September 2005 13:26

street machine.

yep another vote for street machine, tech arctiles that actually show you how to do things.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: the ultimate car mag is? hot 4's. no. seriously now... Thu, 22 September 2005 04:31 Go to previous message
zoom is pretty much it Wink .
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Computers make you look cool. Old Bill Gates pic's
Next Topic:HELP... Dinner Options ?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 12:01:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.007908821105957 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.