Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 3t engine with 4y crankshaft to 2150cc, has anybody done it??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
aussieboyandy
Newcomer

May 2003
icon3.gif  3t engine with 4y crankshaft to 2150cc, has anybody done it?? Thu, 01 May 2003 02:03 Go to next message
i was hoping that someone out there has used the 4y crankshaft within a 3t engine. i would like to know of the mods neccessary to get to the speculated 2150cc and rough costs, if known. id believe that u would need overbore pistons etc..
  Send a private message to this user    
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 3t engine with 4y crankshaft to 2150cc, has anybody done it?? Thu, 01 May 2003 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know of ppl who are trying it!
there is a page somewhere with that mod, and i know of a guy in the US who is contemplating it, email me and i'll give you his address.
Cya, Stewart
toycelica77
Regular

February 2003
Re: 3t engine with 4y crankshaft to 2150cc, has anybody done it?? Thu, 01 May 2003 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i heard its a bit like the COME stroker crank deal

ppl will always say it will 'bolt right in', but its hardly ever the case

the term 'bolt in' i suspect, was invented by a ricer who was talking about exhaust tips... Confused
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: 3t engine with 4y crankshaft to 2150cc, has anybody done it?? Thu, 01 May 2003 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i knew i'd read it somewhere

http://personal.inet.fi/cool/loser/5T-TE.html

hope this helps. wierd stuff but also kinda kewl.
nomishi
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: 3t engine with 4y crankshaft to 2150cc, has anybody done it?? Tue, 20 September 2005 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am from the netherlands Antilles.
And I am presently busy working with the crankshaft- balances (4Y)and I must say: it isn't easy!
(Because the balances are too big to let the pistons pass freely)
If you wanna do it right, you must "shave" 11mm off the balance(same mm as a 3t crank), and when you finish that, you must take 4mm off the top of the pistons, or take just 2mm off the pistons, but then and use a 2 mm packing instead of the regular packing, which will give you the same "clearance"!
carina_72
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: 3t engine with 4y crankshaft to 2150cc, has anybody done it?? Tue, 20 September 2005 19:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone uses 4Y bottom with T-series head? no need for shavin. Well there are other difficulties then, pushrods lenghts and angles, T-trannies wont fit, Y-block is higher and wider from top, where to get good headgasket for 91-92mm bore etc etc.

have two 4Y engines to waiting inspiration, money and good cars for those Laughing
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 3t engine with 4y crankshaft to 2150cc, has anybody done it?? Tue, 20 September 2005 19:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
geez i'm slow Wink

this is the one i was thinking of.. 5TG
http://personal.inet.fi/cool/loser/5T-G.html
carina_72
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: 3t engine with 4y crankshaft to 2150cc, has anybody done it?? Tue, 20 September 2005 19:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Tue, 20 September 2005 22:42

geez i'm slow Wink

this is the one i was thinking of.. 5TG
http://personal.inet.fi/cool/loser/5T-G.html
well, thats me Laughing
haven't done a thing since Embarassed

[Updated on: Tue, 20 September 2005 19:49]

ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3t engine with 4y crankshaft to 2150cc, has anybody done it?? Wed, 21 September 2005 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carina '72, your 4Y, amd 3Y engines will bolt up to a W55/W57/W58 etc. Just use the "Y" bellhousing, no more "T" gearbox busting.

cheers Chuck.
carina_72
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: 3t engine with 4y crankshaft to 2150cc, has anybody done it?? Wed, 21 September 2005 07:27 Go to previous message
chuck, I have W58 and proper bellhousing, but that was just for other to know that Y and T engines uses different bellhousings. I'm just not sure will I use those dinosaur motors anymore, cause I'm getting to beams taste Evil or Very Mad
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:flat spots help!
Next Topic:4AGE 86kw with no ECU
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 04:35:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053589344024658 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.