Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » custom 3t-gte intake manifold?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
t18_psi
Occasional Poster

June 2005
icon5.gif  custom 3t-gte intake manifold? Wed, 21 September 2005 06:49 Go to next message
hey guys

just wondering if anyone had modded the 3tgte intake manifold with good success?

i want a front mounted throttle to get rid of the long intercooler pipe, and was thinking a bit more plenum volume would probly be a good thing.

unfortunately the stock dizzy will be staying in place (due to budget) which may be a problem i think.

cheers ppl.

lewy
  Send a private message to this user    
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: custom 3t-gte intake manifold? Wed, 21 September 2005 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bugger about the dizzy, you could buy mine! It made some serious power increases.
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: custom 3t-gte intake manifold? Thu, 22 September 2005 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
t18_psi

neil (3t-ra40) did that mod to his intake with great success

pm him as he has photos etc

cheers Very Happy
t18_psi
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: custom 3t-gte intake manifold? Thu, 22 September 2005 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey TurboRA28,

is a new computer required to run your modded dizzy/cas?

which part made the power increases? the new ignition or the new manifold/plenum?

cheers
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: custom 3t-gte intake manifold? Thu, 22 September 2005 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manifold/plenum, I put this on, got a clean up of the tune, and made 20 more rear wheel kw! Shows how poor the standard one is.

You can keep the dizzy base, pickup etc.. But the dizzy cap and leads has to go.

In my case i have aftermarket ecu so this wasn't a problem.. Not sure how you'd get around this? Maybe one of those DLI kits people use for the 20v?

t18_psi
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: custom 3t-gte intake manifold? Thu, 22 September 2005 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
holy crap!!!

20rwkw?? thats awesome! was this on the stock turbo or a bigger one, and boost level too?

do you reckon it would be possible to enlarge the manifold out to the side and have a front mount throttle next to the dizzy?

ooh and where did you get those nifty trumpets for your new intake mani for the 3s-gte?

cheers
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: custom 3t-gte intake manifold? Thu, 22 September 2005 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here is a pic kinda shows the clearance for dizzy.

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/1104/plenumdizzyclear6zr.jpg
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: custom 3t-gte intake manifold? Thu, 22 September 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I was suprised myself with the power increase..

Basically i was running a larger turbo (ct20-b) on 20psi.. Made 145rwkw or so.

Then I added the new inlet manifold, got a retune by same guy who tuned it before, same dyno etc.. 163rwkw!

I reckon to get this away from the dizzy, you would just cut the runners in half, then add an alloy 45deg bend or so into each one, so it would basically tilt the manifold over away from the engine.. Hope that makes sense.

Bellmouths I got from a company called JNT performance.

Cheers
Joel
t18_psi
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: custom 3t-gte intake manifold? Thu, 22 September 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey thanks for the info!

i was looking at your pic and i was thinking maybe if i cut the top half of the manifold at the join to the bottom half, took out a section so that it tilts the plenum away from the bolck and get it welded up again it may give enough clearance for the dizzy...

i dont think i will be goin to 20psi on the stock ecu Smile

very impressive power gain tho!

cheers
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: custom 3t-gte intake manifold? Thu, 22 September 2005 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah .. well let us know if you are interested in it.. If not though best of luck in designing something Smile

Cheers
Joel
t18_psi
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: custom 3t-gte intake manifold? Thu, 22 September 2005 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so whats a DLI kit?

are they expensive?

are they hard to install?

what do they do?

i may be interested if these dli kits arent too much trouble Smile
tanman
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: custom 3t-gte intake manifold? Thu, 22 September 2005 07:23 Go to previous message
If you run an aftermarket ECU can't you remove the dizzy completely?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1JZ-GE questions
Next Topic:A series Diff ratios answered
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 02:29:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047237873077393 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.