Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Just a quick word of warning.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Just a quick word of warning. Sat, 17 September 2005 03:49 Go to next message
Listen guys, just beware of where you park your cars while the fuel is like it is. I have just replaced the main feed line from my tank to the pump. Due to the fact that some f***** lowlife C*** cut it in half last night and drained off the contents of my tank.
Sorry for this but I'm pretty pissed off at the moment.
  Send a private message to this user    
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Just a quick word of warning. Sat, 17 September 2005 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats fucked up dood sorry to hear it. there are some real bottom feeders around.
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Just a quick word of warning. Sat, 17 September 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try attach some disel decals on your truck. so you'd know its a bus or truck driver doing it Laughing
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Just a quick word of warning. Sat, 17 September 2005 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude that is totally horrible Ray

glad I have a locked cap and on accessible lines!
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: Just a quick word of warning. Sat, 17 September 2005 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think there knew what they where after. there was very little spill stain on the path under it so they had to have at least 2 jerry cans and filled them up.

[Updated on: Sat, 17 September 2005 21:33]

4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Just a quick word of warning. Sat, 17 September 2005 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are braided fuel lines legal ?
if so that woudl eb the go
if they want it they have to work for it Smile
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: Just a quick word of warning. Sat, 17 September 2005 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, braided fuel lines are not illegal. But in this instance it wouldn't stop them.
As you see from this pic, they only need a screwdriver.

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/460/dsc005462yj.th.jpg
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Just a quick word of warning. Sun, 18 September 2005 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds to me dude , a good idea to get a cover over that ASAP - or else it wont be thr first time the scumbags leech your fuel ..

A sinple stainless shield or something black and not all that noticable might be a good start
paulst162
Regular

April 2005
Re: Just a quick word of warning. Sun, 18 September 2005 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that suks ass dude Sad
put a sticker on the that says
THIS FUEL TANK IS PROTECTED BY NUT WITH A GUN SECURITY Evil or Very Mad
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: Just a quick word of warning. Sun, 18 September 2005 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My young bloke was telling me that last week a couple of the guys at his depot had a screwdriver driven into the bottom of their tanks. So I supose I can be thankful that I only had to replace a hose and not the tank,(apart from about 60lts fuel)
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Just a quick word of warning. Mon, 19 September 2005 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Isn't it easier to put a set of fake plates on, and do drive offs?

Honestly, the lengths some people go to when there are easier ways.
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: Just a quick word of warning. Mon, 19 September 2005 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolling Eyes Maybe time to upgrade the fuel tank security the way Mad Max did on the black interceptor.
They'll never do it a second time.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Just a quick word of warning. Mon, 19 September 2005 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sucks to here that, and I hope those responisible have a little accident trying to attempt the same feat some time in the future. Nothing shits me more than brain dead morons that like to ruin other peoples pride and joy.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Just a quick word of warning. Mon, 19 September 2005 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Mon, 19 September 2005 11:25

Isn't it easier to put a set of fake plates on, and do drive offs?

Honestly, the lengths some people go to when there are easier ways.

Indeed.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Just a quick word of warning. Mon, 19 September 2005 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Too many servos have security cameras these days so visual recognition is quite likely. Wink
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Just a quick word of warning. Mon, 19 September 2005 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Too many servos have security cameras these days so visual recognition is quite likely

Having cameras and having cameras that are recording are two very different things.

An example, my bother goes to fill 30L jerry can at local servo, places jerry can in back of ute, walks inside to pay, hears tyres screeching and some bogans making off with his fuel. He gives chase to no avail. Heads back to servo to call police and ask for number plate from surveilance cameras only to be told that the cameras have not been used for a long time Mad

Bogan dead beats win again Mad
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Just a quick word of warning. Mon, 19 September 2005 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i worked at a servo for nearly 3 years, it was only a cheapo family servo but they still had cameras. they turned on at the detection of motion and recorded to a hard drive. even with that people used to do runners all the time. its hard to see the face in the camera and even if you can the cops are hardly gonna post the persons pic up around the neighbourhood just for stealing petty. noone gets caught.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Just a quick word of warning. Mon, 19 September 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVOSTi wrote on Mon, 19 September 2005 16:55

i worked at a servo for nearly 3 years, it was only a cheapo family servo but they still had cameras. they turned on at the detection of motion and recorded to a hard drive. even with that people used to do runners all the time. its hard to see the face in the camera and even if you can the cops are hardly gonna post the persons pic up around the neighbourhood just for stealing petty. noone gets caught.

The only time they get caught is when they do it twice to the same servo attendant, and he recognises them and calls the cops. Mate of mine worked a servo, and yeah, when he saw people who'd done it before he called in the police. They rarely got there in time, but every now and then they got off their arses and caught someone.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Just a quick word of warning. Tue, 20 September 2005 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi-Ace wrote on Mon, 19 September 2005 14:12

Rolling Eyes Maybe time to upgrade the fuel tank security the way Mad Max did on the black interceptor.
They'll never do it a second time.

mad max Nod
the interceptor http://www.superjointritualforum.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_horns2.gif
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: Just a quick word of warning. Tue, 20 September 2005 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Mon, 19 September 2005 17:30

EVOSTi wrote on Mon, 19 September 2005 16:55

The only time they get caught is when they do it twice to the same servo attendant, and he recognises them and calls the cops. Mate of mine worked a servo, and yeah, when he saw people who'd done it before he called in the police. They rarely got there in time, but every now and then they got off their arses and caught someone.

A mate of mine's family owns a servo, and he said the cops really don't do anything about it anymore, so his old man throws padlocks through the back window of people who drive off!
I guess now that petrol stealing is of epidemic proportions here in Melbourne, the cops are even less likely to use their already low resources to follow up on drive offs.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Just a quick word of warning. Tue, 20 September 2005 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thank god my fuel tank is in my boot

can u get re-inforced fuel lines
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: Just a quick word of warning. Tue, 20 September 2005 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Like I say if they want it, they'll get it. A couple of guys at my young blokes depot had a screwdriver punched through the bottom of their tanks. Like I said before at least I'm only out of pocket for the piece of fuel line and about 60lts fuel, not a new tank.
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Just a quick word of warning. Tue, 20 September 2005 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone catch the story on ACA i think it was...

Some guy full setup a van.. 1000litre tank inside with an electric fuel pump. had a hole in the bottom of the van, and parked over the mains at a petty station and stole 1000litres and got away... but then tried it a few more times, and eventually they caught him with a police sting.

Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Just a quick word of warning. Tue, 20 September 2005 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just whack a big sticker that says diesel fuel only on it.
Then if someone steals your fuel thinking its diesel it will f'ck their engine and people who want to steal unleaded will steer clear.
TRD-86
Regular

May 2005
Re: Just a quick word of warning. Thu, 22 September 2005 03:06 Go to previous message
i went camping a while ago at lakes entrance. my car broke down on the way back in the middle of nowhere. so we towed it to the local town. so then i could drive back up there and fix it the next day. the only person that knew where my 4wd was the tow truck driver. i had my stereo stuff in my car still. i just covered it with some blankets.

i got back there the next day. everything was still in tacked..then i looked at the petrol cap. it was open and on the ground.

i fort that im stuffed because it wasnt near any petrol stations.

then i looked at the fuel gauge.it was still normal. then i looked back at my fuel tank.

i was glad it said the words " DIESEL " in japanese. so i just drove back duck tape on the fuel cap. then went home and super glued it back on
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:HELP... Dinner Options ?
Next Topic:Norton vs McAfee anti virus
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:53:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057508945465088 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.