Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Toymad
Occasional Poster

August 2004
xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Tue, 13 September 2005 04:19 Go to next message
With the plethora of Toyota owners dedicated threads on everything But the a70 supra, I feel its time that mkiii supra owners in the toymods community united! (We all know how good our cars are! Smile)

Cheers,
Damien

89 5spd MA71
  Send a private message to this user    
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Tue, 13 September 2005 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice, soon to be JZA70 owner!
AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Tue, 13 September 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toymad wrote on Tue, 13 September 2005 14:19

With the plethora of Toyota owners dedicated threads on everything But the a70 supra, I feel its time that mkiii supra owners in the toymods community united! (We all know how good our cars are! Smile)

Cheers,
Damien

89 5spd MA71

Amen brother!
Toymad
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Tue, 13 September 2005 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KOFFEE-BLACK wrote on Tue, 13 September 2005 15:43

nice, soon to be JZA70 owner!

Cool! Do you have one in mind or are you still searching? I loved the chase leading up to me acquiring my mkiii, i was keen for one for years!
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Tue, 13 September 2005 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have found one, Im waiting for my current car to be sold (Which it nearly is) Then Ill snap this one up, if its still avail.
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Tue, 13 September 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the guy that was supposed to buy mine left a $1200 deposit and hasnt been back since..

if he doesnt show up soon looks like i might be keeping mine in conjunction with the SW20.. time for that Supra Ute methinks Smile
Toymad
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Tue, 13 September 2005 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here's hoping he doesn't come back then Smile
A few more like that and you've got the perfect money making scheme!
I saw yours for sale (nice price!) but WA was too far away, and i wasn't keen on an A340E. Razz

hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Tue, 13 September 2005 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh ive got reasons i need to get rid of it though.. Sad

1. 7M fuel costs
2. what i want to do on it outweighs what i earn by far
3. need the parking space
4. need a proper garage/backyard to do any real work in
5. practicality and reliability for work. zero.

but god a supra ute would be awesome still.. the sale was sparked off by me trying to get a loan to do the 1JZ.. and ended up in a loan to buy the SW20.. oh well. cant say ive lost out really.. i would get another mk3 eventually.. but id probably chop up a jza70r to get the ute im after.. Smile few years down the track maybe..
Toymad
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Tue, 13 September 2005 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A supra ute would be well worth the work!
I shudder at the thought of taking to a supra with anything that can 'chop', maybe i'm just too soft! Razz

But imagine the look on all the Commodore/Falcon ute owners out there seeing that pull up beside them!
HKS_TRD
Regular

September 2002
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Tue, 13 September 2005 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Count in another MKIII owner
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Tue, 13 September 2005 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think we need pics and specs in here!
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Tue, 13 September 2005 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh well..

mine -> (while i still own it..)

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=71655&rid=6326&S=e7620315bcb4dc46ee89ae8 255800d2a&pl_view=&start=0#msg_670849

dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Tue, 13 September 2005 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any supra owners got bad wind noise from the mirrors at highway speed? i do and it's really anoying and want to know if anyone knows what the cuase is. Apparently mk3 is not supposed to have any wind noise. (from what i read on supra forums.au

Anyway lets see if we can make this thread bigger then the aw11 thread. Very Happy
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Tue, 13 September 2005 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i get the wind noise but i didnt think it was from the mirrors, i thought it was more around the aerotop seals and vents at the front than anything else...
Toymad
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Tue, 13 September 2005 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dingaling wrote on Wed, 14 September 2005 00:13

any supra owners got bad wind noise from the mirrors at highway speed? i do and it's really anoying and want to know if anyone knows what the cuase is. Apparently mk3 is not supposed to have any wind noise. (from what i read on supra forums.au

Anyway lets see if we can make this thread bigger then the aw11 thread. Very Happy

Yer mine does too! I don't think it's from the window vents and its not from the aero top coz mine's a hard top!
I recall reading somewhere that there is a seal somewhere behind the mirror that will fix the noise if you replace it. Has anyone done this or heard otherwise?
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Wed, 14 September 2005 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm u could be right there. mine doesnt have the mirror shrouding on it at the moment.. its broken, cracked, etc.. (really needed to replace it..).. that would explain where a lot of air is coming from..
Endless
Regular

October 2004
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Wed, 14 September 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys , haha i was thinking about starting this thread but looks like ya beat me to it.. Cool

JZA70 owner here.

The wind noise on highway is a very common problem , theres actually a current thread on sf.com.au about it.. i myself have this and am getting round to fixing it - im sure its the seals around the mirrors that are causing it.

Toymad
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Wed, 14 September 2005 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Endless wrote on Wed, 14 September 2005 13:28

Hey guys , haha i was thinking about starting this thread but looks like ya beat me to it.. Cool

hehe, I spent ages searching for one coz i was so surprised there wasn't one here already!

Now I need to get hold of a digital camera to post some pics and get the show and tell started Smile
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Wed, 14 September 2005 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sheesh this thread has dropped right back down. This is not acceptable at all. Razz

I have noticed with my drivers side mirror, there is a gap where it looks like it has separated from the rubber seal against the window. The passenger is all sealed up perfectly, and also doesn't make wind noise. So i'm gonna go to toyota and see if they sell this seal. I will post up a part number and price and if it fixes the noise.

on another note,
Anybody had the pleasure of driving a supra with the bilstein suspension? certain mk3's came out with it stock. Whats it like?
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Wed, 14 September 2005 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JZA70 R's had them stock.

Ask Mofo_III hes got one. And just replaced them with Tein's too..

I have Bilsteins in the SW20 and they seem to feel quite nice on the road..
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Thu, 15 September 2005 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good to see you still have your ma70 hamgatan. Mr2 would be my other car too if i could afford one.

I'll get onto Mofo_III about that, should be a nice improvment from stock 18year old suspension. Actually i should just chuck these bilsteins on my supra now, i was going to put them on after i do the 1jz conversion.
But I have been waiting 4-5 months for my manual jza70 cut to arrive. (this mob won't give me a straight answer and have a my deposit still.)

I want to see this thread grow, lets get some pics happening! see who has the best looking mk3, who has the worst and all that.

I want to see how other mk3 owners fix some of these common anoyances. (like the wind noise, rattly hatch etc)

And some video's would be most awesome.
Toymad
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Thu, 15 September 2005 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good luck with the halfcut dingaling!

I was looking at an MA70 that they had for sale in their yard a couple of months back! Had a nice big intercooler and bilsteins but wasn't the best example i'd seen and they weren't willing to part with it for the price i thought it was worth!
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Thu, 15 September 2005 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dingaling wrote on Thu, 15 September 2005 08:07

Good to see you still have your ma70 hamgatan. Mr2 would be my other car too if i could afford one.

problem is i need the $ from it bad.. Sad

i need it to break into a business venture that im buying a 40% stake in.. if it goes according to my projected forecasts.. within 6 months ill own my MR2 100% and buy another JZA70 for cash.. and probably a Celsior too if business is good enough..

i think a little sacrifice now to get something better later is good.. its just the risk factor involved.. Sad
guilty_19
Regular

March 2004
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Thu, 15 September 2005 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GA70 owner here Smile

dont have a members ride bit yet, waiting for rims to go on before decent pics are taken

nice to have a dedicated thread for clearly the best toyota made Razz
Toymad
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Thu, 15 September 2005 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My MA71 is stock as a rock at the moment too and I am lacking any digital photos to start the ball rolling but anyone else feel free!
Spence
Regular

January 2005
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Thu, 15 September 2005 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey
new ma70 owner just imported. check out my website for pics and specs.
http://www.geocities.com/spence_ma61/DSC03069.JPG
Spence

[Updated on: Thu, 15 September 2005 10:58]

smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Thu, 15 September 2005 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spence: Thats a Gold mine Surprised , i saw it forsale on a site a while ago, how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking?, i can only imagine what it will look like when it gets washed Shocked .
Spence
Regular

January 2005
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Thu, 15 September 2005 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah if i can't sell the ma61 then i'm in a bit of a pickle and it does need a wash hehe
Toymad
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Thu, 15 September 2005 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Nice! And a nice list of goodies to go with it too! Smile
AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Fri, 16 September 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is my ride

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=77902&start=0&rid=138&S=be49f932fcc3 cb4f40a6d3c8b7cd9ca2

Since those pics, I have installed clear front corner indicators, Cusco comp coilovers, boost gauge and a/f gauge mounted via a-pillar pod. I will get newer pics once the gauges aren't being held in by masking tape Laughing

Cheers
dayzii
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Sat, 17 September 2005 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ga70 Owner. got some stuff on it. you guys should post more on supraforums.com.au more.. lots of good a70 info

Anyway pics coming soon. My digi cam is getting repaired.
HKS_TRD
Regular

September 2002
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Sat, 17 September 2005 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KOFFEE-BLACK wrote on Tue, 13 September 2005 20:21

i think we need pics and specs in here!

Check out the current Zoom for pics and specs of mine.

Or this site though its out of date now
http://www.turbosupras.com/pages/en/pages/members/ ma70/dannyc.htm
Driftspec
Regular

November 2003
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Sat, 17 September 2005 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MA70 with an identity problem owner here Razz

lets see... MA70 now with 1JZ , 87 model but now 89+ front and pre-89 rear... lol

however jza70 mouldings and updated spoiler under my bed waiting to go on.

I am also on supraforums.com.au , but prefer the Toymods site.

[Updated on: Sat, 17 September 2005 13:09]

mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Sun, 18 September 2005 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ex JZA70 R owner here. I miss it so much aswell, and damn that bitch used to love being drifted. Wink. When I get a bit older I will purchase another JZA70 R, They are just really cool cars.

Thought I would post up some pics of my old beast.

100% stock as a rock, except for a 3" catback and pod filter, and some sexy deep dish Wedsport RS 5 rims... It really did need to be slammed too. Rolling Eyes

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/mmm_onejay/CRW_2519_JFR.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/mmm_onejay/medrift14.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/mmm_onejay/medrift2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/mmm_onejay/CRW_2507_JFR1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/mmm_onejay/WEB42.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/mmm_onejay/WEB35.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/mmm_onejay/100_9178.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/mmm_onejay/100_9177.jpg
turbo-a.net
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Sun, 18 September 2005 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heres my 1988 Supra Turbo-A

http://www.turbo-a.net/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10003/normal_Side.jpg

http://www.turbo-a.net/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10003/normal_Rear%20end%20small.jpg

check my site : www.turbo-a.net

http://www.toyotacarclub.net

[Updated on: Sun, 18 September 2005 07:59]

kemicalx
Regular

August 2002
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Mon, 19 September 2005 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ey guys I was wondering if any of you with a 7m/r154 combo could get under the car and take a photo of your gearbox crossmember for me?

Cheers all.
avieec
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Mon, 19 September 2005 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice rims turbo-a.net.

heres my beast.. youll find more info below
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=81291&start=0&rid=12478&S=556362ef5a ae310bde786c856de1e392
http://members.optushome.com.au/j.neilson/Supra/8%20001.jpg
XmaGe
Regular

November 2004
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Wed, 21 September 2005 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey

Mmmmm love thoses Mk3s. First car I ever appreciated just for the shape. Lucky enough to find out they go alright when I got one.

I've got a blue grey metallic JZA70R. Not a lot of JZA70R in blue grey, well I've never seen em.

Got the car originally as an auto (which I killed in half a year), bought a half-cut for $3300 from the quokka and coverted it with a R154. Got Koni yellows and superlow king springs, whiteline swaybars front and rear. Alpine mp3 player with dual 12 inch 7wega subs. Currently getting a larger intercooler and EMS 8860 installed.

In hindsight maybe I should have put a 6-speed into it but you live and learn.

Anyway, best car I've ever owned.

Ben
guilty_19
Regular

March 2004
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Wed, 21 September 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well here i got a couple of pics of my car up here now

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/7185/00002650yf.th.jpg
http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/5328/00002664rj.th.jpg

only got these pics as of now, i want to get a big group shot ok 10+ mk3's all together
Endless
Regular

October 2004
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Thu, 22 September 2005 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guilty_19 wrote on Wed, 21 September 2005 13:18

Well here i got a couple of pics of my car up here now

only got these pics as of now, i want to get a big group shot ok 10+ mk3's all together

Lookin' good!! Rims always make such a difference
Nod
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Thu, 22 September 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This thread is yet to break the first page. 73 plus pages to go to beat the aw11 thread. Shocked

i siliconed up a small gap where the drivers side mirror had come apart from the rubber moulding on the window to get rid of that anoying wind noise. And it worked! no more wind noise. Now i can only hear the wind noise on the passenger side window. better get me some more black silicon. Also took the opportunity to silicon up some spots in the rear hatch where i suspect water was getting in.

Also isolated alot of the rattly noise from the hatch area which was cuased by that blind/curtain device that slots in behind the rear seats.

I have some questions. Does anyone know how much toyota wheel bearings cost for our cars? and has anyone changed there suspension bushings? I have heard about a guy that makes his own for soarer/lexus. About $300 for 4 of them. Can anybody confirm these will fit are our mk3's?

[Updated on: Thu, 22 September 2005 04:54]

guilty_19
Regular

March 2004
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Thu, 22 September 2005 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i hate that wind noise too

i need all new rubbers.......which is going to cost heaps of coin

iam thinking of getting a new sunshade cos mine is all cracked up from moving it
DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Fri, 23 September 2005 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heres my jza70 at the kiama toyota day.........
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/devilrolla12345/117_1705.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/devilrolla12345/117_1706.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/devilrolla12345/117_1710.jpg
Enjoy...
p.s. if anyone has a torsen or viscous lsd for one of these im searching, im got a locker in mine and its a bitch !!!
guilty_19
Regular

March 2004
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Fri, 23 September 2005 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude, did you get your rear guards rolled??

sweet looking jizza by the way, looks phat

you took off the toyota badge on the front Shocked
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Mon, 26 September 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey anyone know where to buy bushes for our cars?? (suspension, control arm etc)

lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Mon, 26 September 2005 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noltec/Super-Pro do the lower wishbone rubbers for the front. Not sure if they do anything else.
It's a bitch of a job getting the old ones out too - most of them are bonded to the frame Mad

[Updated on: Mon, 26 September 2005 04:39]

dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Mon, 26 September 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah yeah i remember these guys now! hmm wonder where to get the rest from? toyota must sell them on there own. Wonder if these Noltec ones are gonna introduce too much harshness/road noise bieng a fair bit stiffer them oem.

Hopefully a press of some sort can get the old bushes out smoothly.

Thanx for that lumpy.
Sir_2JZA70
Regular

July 2005
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Mon, 26 September 2005 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Woot! Good to see some more a70s! Some of these rides are DAMN fine!

Ive got an 88 GA70 hardtop. Stock rims, exhaust, body, old paint...

Its not running at the moment though, havent a few issues. One of them I think has something to do with the old 1G-GTE is missing.

Someones gone and replaced it with a 2JZ-GTE!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/2jza70/airIntake01.jpg

I havent got a whole heaps of pics uploaded. Im working on building a new website with all the pics I can find and as much of a write up as I can get on the various things Im doing.

Things im doing to it seem to be changing every week now so I cant really say what Ive got planned. The only things Ive got my mind set on are:
600x300x100 FMIC
18x9"s on the front, 18x10"s on the rear
(Possibly requiring me to get some widebody panels)
Rear seats replaced with stereo setup
Custom airbox and super nice cold air intake
Decent exhaust, havent decided exactly what yet
AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Mon, 26 September 2005 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sir_2JZA70 wrote on Mon, 26 September 2005 15:13

Woot! Good to see some more a70s! Some of these rides are DAMN fine!

Ive got an 88 GA70 hardtop. Stock rims, exhaust, body, old paint...

Its not running at the moment though, havent a few issues. One of them I think has something to do with the old 1G-GTE is missing.

Someones gone and replaced it with a 2JZ-GTE!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Geez, don't you hate it when that happens? The nerve..
SupRus
Regular

May 2002
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Mon, 26 September 2005 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good to see a thread dedicated to the MKIII.

I recently took some small vids and posted them on supraforums.com.au. I'll post them here for you guys to have a look at too.

There are some nice *a70s on here; keep up the good work.

Might need latest DivX 5.1 codec I think.

Please Right-Click and Save Target As....

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/rusty2007/shortBur st15psi.avi

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/rusty2007/2ndGear1 3psi.avi

Enjoy, and comments are welcome!!
Sir_2JZA70
Regular

July 2005
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Mon, 26 September 2005 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bah! We're not gonna let those damn AW11 boys beat us are we? DONT LET THIS THREAD DIE!!! Mad

How to fix hatch leaks/rattle:
Rip off the old seal (comes off easy enough with a bit of a tug)

Drive down to Clarke rubber with the old seal, in the Supra. Take a sample piece inside and say you want a similar but bigger verison of the same thing.

Take a sample outside and make sure it fits on the old rail. Make sure its a tight fit, you dont want it pulling off everytime you open the hatch!

Buy around 4m or so of it (test the length cos you dont want joints in it). Should only be around $40

Start in the middle of the bottom, press it down around the rail around the opening until your back to the start

Cut it off with some decent tin snips (its reasonably hard to cut due the steel inner reinforcement). Make sure you cut it so it will line up nicely, the better the matched ends, the better the seal will be.

The seal you bought should have a hollow tube right though it. Get a bit of rubber tube the same diameter, around 2" long. Insert half into one end and clip it back down onto the rail.

Test fit the other end of the seal and try shutting the hatch. Its will probably need a bit more force than it did before due to the higher seal profile. Pull it apart again, make sure the little tube is still inside one end of the seal.

Now comes the tricky/messy bit.

Wipe some black Sikaflex (very good quality silicon glue from Clarkes or Bunnings; used for expansion joints in brickwork) onto the end of the seal without the tube. Use a reasonable amount, you can wide off a bit of excess but its a PITA to put more on once its fixed.

Push the start of the little tube into the other end of the seal. Clip down the seal as you jamb it up against the fixed end so the tube goes right into the hollow seal and the sikaflex makes a good airtight seal.

Leave it over night in the garage, you need to leave the hatch open so make sure youve got somewhere secure to leave the car. (Read the instructions and make sure it has dried COMPLETELY before you shut the hatch.)

Done! (Let me know how you go) Very Happy
DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Mon, 26 September 2005 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the rear hatch hint, you can also use a jza80 one if you can find it, does the same job, maybe beta.
p.s. i didnt remove my badge, it came without it, but i sourced one and puttin bac on with the spray job. toyota wanted $110 for anew one.
Bahahahhahahahahah
Sir_2JZA70
Regular

July 2005
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Tue, 27 September 2005 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sure, you can pay a few hundred bucks for a JZA80 one if you want. I doubt it will work better though. A bigger seal will always seal better than a smaller one. Wink
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Tue, 27 September 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
except where condoms are concerned.

Hmm should be getting my half cut this week, $3000 for a manual JZA70

with tons of aftermarket goodies. I didn't get exact details, but it may have upgraded turbo(s), intercooler, bigger injectors and programmable ECU. i sure fuckin hope so. Evil or Very Mad

i will of done alright, payed $2500 for my ma70. MWUHAHAHA
then again it might just have an aftermarket BOV and a clapped out 1jz. :_(
Sir_2JZA70
Regular

July 2005
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Tue, 27 September 2005 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$3000! Damn thats cheap! Shocked

I was looking for one around a year ago. I would have been happy to find a stock manual one for $4500 at the time.

I couldnt find a decent one, thats why I went 2JZ. Wink
DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Wed, 28 September 2005 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the guy before me picked it up @ an importer for free, and despite your assumption it works very well. it was just an alternative to the DIY guide given above.
Sir_2JZA70
Regular

July 2005
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Wed, 28 September 2005 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DeViL rOlLa wrote on Wed, 28 September 2005 10:56

the guy before me picked it up @ an importer for free, and despite your assumption it works very well. it was just an alternative to the DIY guide given above.

I didnt say it wouldnt work. I said it would normally be quite a bit more expensive, but if you got it for free youve done very well. Wink
Toymad
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Wed, 28 September 2005 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Has anyone had much to do with the ct-26 in their ma70s?

Mine's on the way out and i'm looking at a rebuild...
Anyone here done one themselves? If so, how much for the kit?

Alternatively, I could get a new turbo - possibly T04Z. This'd obviously cost a lot more, but thinking long term it could be worth it (though i'd want to be spending money elsewhere before i up the boost too much, and it could get very expensive very quickly!) What do ppl think?

Cheers,
Damien
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Wed, 28 September 2005 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd go the cheap route and pick up another ct26 for in good nick for $300 (usually what they cost here on toymods.) They seem to be dam reliable from what i can gather. Mines on 150,000k's with no shaft play whatsoever.

I have seen high flowed ct26's forsale here every now and again, around $500+ i'd say.

Sir_2JZA70, yeah $3000 is dam good. But the dam thing still hasn't arrived, i've probably been conned Razz sposed to of been here 5 dam months ago dammit!
ultimatly i want a 2jz. Wonder how it compares to the 7m fuel consumption wise.
Sir_2JZA70
Regular

July 2005
Re: xA70 Supra Dedicated Thread Wed, 28 September 2005 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Yep, id just chuck another ct26 in. Ive never heard of them dying unless someones boosted them beyond all reason for an extended period of time. Its cheap, easy, quick and effective. What more could you want.

To make a t04z conversion worth while youd need to do a full rebuild and strengthening, get a full AM ecu, new fuel system, lots and lots and lots of time and money. It would cost considerably more than a 1JZ conversion (possibly even 2JZ).

dingaling, that really sucks mate! Did you order through an established business? Any chance of getting az refund?

It wouldnt suprise me if they did import it but then found out what they really sell for and thought it would be a better idea to sell it for $4500+ and give you your money back if need be.
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:BRIDE RAIL?
Next Topic:Anyone know the car that....
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:05:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0080931186676025 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.