Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » how to un "foolly-sik NAWS bro" an ma61 centre console?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

how to un "foolly-sik NAWS bro" an ma61 centre console? Thu, 22 September 2005 07:40 Go to next message
I have in my hot little hands a near perfect condition black ma61 centre console. the only problem is that some arsehat, at some point between F&F being released and now, has installed a NOS style switch on it. I've successfully un-riced it, but where it was is a 10mm dia hole. My question is, how would one go about fixing this?

My current thought is to glue a piece of plastic to the underside, fill in the height difference with some fibreglass bog, then cover in vinyl dye.

What I'm really after is anyone who has a better idea. I know there has to be something out there better to use than fibreglass bog... all I need to know is what Smile

plasic welding is not an option, because I can't justify that sort of money.
  Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: how to un "foolly-sik NAWS bro" an ma61 centre console? Thu, 22 September 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Find a discrete black (I'm assuming black, all else is ghey) plug that neatly covers the hole.
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: how to un "foolly-sik NAWS bro" an ma61 centre console? Thu, 22 September 2005 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
put the switch back in and get naws!
then you can be foolly sik too, Thorpey would agree
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: how to un "foolly-sik NAWS bro" an ma61 centre console? Thu, 22 September 2005 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes, of course black!

I was after a solution that would leave it almost perfect. I'm after some sort of filler so there will be no change in height. I can easily blend the colours with dye.
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: how to un "foolly-sik NAWS bro" an ma61 centre console? Thu, 22 September 2005 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
areldite? spelling?

retrimming it not an option? or are ya goingfor the original look?
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: how to un "foolly-sik NAWS bro" an ma61 centre console? Thu, 22 September 2005 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A new rubber grommet, It Purposeful and it looks like exactly what it is, You have plugged a hole.

Totally Un-rice.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: how to un "foolly-sik NAWS bro" an ma61 centre console? Thu, 22 September 2005 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
re-trimming ... well, it's an option, but a cheaper option is always better.

I'd prefer to avoid the ghetto-spec anti-rice repair, I just want it looking original. the rest of my interior is near-flawless, so this last little thing to fix is pissing me off
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: how to un "foolly-sik NAWS bro" an ma61 centre console? Thu, 22 September 2005 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cut a section from the old black console and glue it in.
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: how to un "foolly-sik NAWS bro" an ma61 centre console? Thu, 22 September 2005 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
could find a bit of black plastic (of anything really same colorish) and yeah glue that back in.

or (this will be lot more piss farting around) i know on my celica there are little square bits of plastic with clips on side REFER TO DIAGRAM, they sit in the center console and hide screw holes and are just there incase you wanna put da fully sick NAWS switch there.... if you find one rougly that size(or make your hole bigger to match) you might be able to put one in

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/1349/stuff7mr.png

[Updated on: Thu, 22 September 2005 10:01]

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: how to un "foolly-sik NAWS bro" an ma61 centre console? Thu, 22 September 2005 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my other black console is in perfect condition, so I don't want to go butchering that (and ryley wants it)
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: how to un "foolly-sik NAWS bro" an ma61 centre console? Thu, 22 September 2005 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Thu, 22 September 2005 18:04

my other black console is in perfect condition, so I don't want to go butchering that (and ryley wants it)

If you're REEEEALLY nice I might be able to get a piece of black console for you...
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: how to un "foolly-sik NAWS bro" an ma61 centre console? Thu, 22 September 2005 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm always really nice.
I'll swallow if you do!
badboybubby
Regular

On Probation

March 2004
Re: how to un "foolly-sik NAWS bro" an ma61 centre console? Thu, 22 September 2005 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

put the switch back in and get naws!
then you can be foolly sik too, Thorpey would agree

LOL @ Dust
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: how to un "foolly-sik NAWS bro" an ma61 centre console? Thu, 22 September 2005 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill have the missile switch Nod

no, im not kidding...
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: how to un "foolly-sik NAWS bro" an ma61 centre console? Thu, 22 September 2005 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's not a cool NOS switch. it's bright red, push down on, push up off. (not push on-push off, more like a light switch)
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: how to un "foolly-sik NAWS bro" an ma61 centre console? Thu, 22 September 2005 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ick I know the ones you mean, a Dick Smith special for ricers....Could you put a LED there for your car alarm with a black LED holder around it so it was neat? Not the best solution but...
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: how to un "foolly-sik NAWS bro" an ma61 centre console? Thu, 22 September 2005 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eeewwwww... Confused Confused Confused
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: how to un "foolly-sik NAWS bro" an ma61 centre console? Thu, 22 September 2005 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Thu, 22 September 2005 15:55

Find a discrete black (I'm assuming black, all else is ghey) plug that neatly covers the hole.

Coming from a guy with a missile switch that was to be installed...
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: how to un "foolly-sik NAWS bro" an ma61 centre console? Thu, 22 September 2005 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Thu, 22 September 2005 21:23

justcallmefrank wrote on Thu, 22 September 2005 15:55

Coming from a guy with a missile switch that was to be installed...

Haha, and I'm STILL looking for a reason to use it. Alas, none so far.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: how to un "foolly-sik NAWS bro" an ma61 centre console? Thu, 22 September 2005 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Thu, 22 September 2005 18:48

I'm always really nice.
I'll swallow if you do!

Haha Wink I've got a big weekend planned, I have a busted black console lying around somewhere, I'll try to remember, might be best off sending me an e-mail come Sunday to remind me Razz
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: how to un "foolly-sik NAWS bro" an ma61 centre console? Thu, 22 September 2005 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is actually a product on the market, I think it may be through araldite/Selleys, that is a curing polyethylene. Basically, you can make a mould, mix it up and it cures. Then u just have to take the mould off and deburr/polish it. You can also get dyes, but you are still probably better off painting it with vinyl paint for best colour matching results.

Just a thought.

[Updated on: Thu, 22 September 2005 23:51]

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: how to un "foolly-sik NAWS bro" an ma61 centre console? Fri, 23 September 2005 00:29 Go to previous message
awesome tricky, that's exactly what I was after!
I'll investigate it at repco today, and see what's happening. Nath: will get back to you, depending on how good this poly product looks
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:best 3sgte coolant?
Next Topic:replacing wheel studs. please help
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 22:44:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065469741821289 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.