Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » best 3sgte coolant?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
best 3sgte coolant? Thu, 22 September 2005 12:55 Go to next message
hey i was just reading a little something and it stated that the coolant ur using has to be compatible with the engine to avoid damaging ur engine, it was speaking in terms of "reds" and "greens", and i was just wondering how true is this...and if thats the case what should i use in my 3sgte (without mentioning toyota genuine coolant..that stuff is dearer than gold and i cant afford it)
  Send a private message to this user    
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: best 3sgte coolant? Thu, 22 September 2005 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toyota red all the way.
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: best 3sgte coolant? Thu, 22 September 2005 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-=DV=- wrote on Thu, 22 September 2005 22:55

(without mentioning toyota genuine coolant..that stuff is dearer than gold and i cant afford it)

any others...sorry toobs im a student...as such i live on the budget of one...actually at the moment im living on the budget of a student keeping debt collectors happy Crying or Very Sad so im looking for something thats not going to set me back like $80 a litre lol

--EDIT-- will any red do...if so whats the diff between red and green ect?

[Updated on: Thu, 22 September 2005 14:03]

ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: best 3sgte coolant? Thu, 22 September 2005 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just get the red
small price to pay for piece of mind

costs like 30 bucks per bottle
and 2 bucks for a 4l of distilled water to mix with
love ke70
Regular

September 2005
Re: best 3sgte coolant? Thu, 22 September 2005 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but whats the difference between the two??
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: best 3sgte coolant? Thu, 22 September 2005 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats the main thing im wondering because ive got nulon long life green in there at the moment
love ke70
Regular

September 2005
Re: best 3sgte coolant? Thu, 22 September 2005 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its just those rich snobs tryin to see us students living further in poverty Razz
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: best 3sgte coolant? Thu, 22 September 2005 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol amen to that one...its hard enuff being a student and getting the rent paid....let alone keeping gtfour on the road aswell...lol

cmon guys whats the diff between red and green coolant?...is my green coolant gonna end up in me going even broker later on?...lol
love ke70
Regular

September 2005
Re: best 3sgte coolant? Thu, 22 September 2005 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So the bottom line is this, if your car came from the factory with DexcoolŽ, use DexcoolŽ for replacement or to top off. If your car came from the factory with standard "green" antifreeze, use that for replacement or to toping off. Case in point, DexcoolŽ has been known to cause head gasket and water pump failure on some Ford OHC V-8's.
bit of google info, from what it implies dexcool is red Confused
http://autorepair.about.com/cs/coolingsystem/l/aa0 52601c.htm is where it came from

Toyota uses a red antifreeze in many of its products and should not be confused with the orange type long life antifreezes. It is essentially the green type of antifreeze that contains red dye to give it the red color. the bastards are just screwing us over! Evil or Very Mad
Razz
http://bioengr.ag.utk.edu/Extension/ExtProg/machin ery/Articles/engcool.htm

well who knows wtf is goin on with this red shit, im goin to bed, my car (delores) can stick with the green, i dont give a dam Smile
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: best 3sgte coolant? Thu, 22 September 2005 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for that man, i did a little google but i couldnt find anything actually useful. looks like my gtfour is stickin with the green for now
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: best 3sgte coolant? Thu, 22 September 2005 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Get yourself a bottle of Toyota red, flush your cooling system out a couple of times to remove all traces of the green stuff and stop being an assclown Wink It seriously isn't that expensive, and it's designed to be the best match for the sort of alloys that Toyota uses.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: best 3sgte coolant? Thu, 22 September 2005 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
use toyota red if you can it is the best otherwise nulon red works fine
allencr
Regular

May 2002
Re: best 3sgte coolant? Fri, 23 September 2005 00:33 Go to previous message
water & anti-freeze or a can of rust inhibitor
any that is specific about use with aluminum - head, block & radiator.
change it every 2 or so years. it'll be fine.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:how much does a 4k and ke 5spd gearbox weigh?
Next Topic:how to un "foolly-sik NAWS bro" an ma61 centre console?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:57:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042359828948975 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.