Classifieds » Miscellaneous » fs: RX-7 Series 5/four spot brakes

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
gingernuts
Regular

December 2002
fs: RX-7 Series 5/four spot brakes Tue, 11 February 2003 00:34 Go to next message
I've got some series 5 calipers & disc/rotors for sale, the discs have lots of meat(22mm)near new, & the calipers come with EBC sports pads/brake linings (95%) near new.
Price is $400 firm for the lot, or $280 for the calipers & $120 for the disc/rotors.

Expresions of interest to email: ae86driftpuppy@yahoo.com.au

Send a private message to this user    
pepsicola
Forums Junkie

August 2002

Re: fs: RX-7 Series 5/four spot brakes Wed, 12 February 2003 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
check ur pm or email.
Necros
Regular

September 2002
Re: fs: RX-7 Series 5/four spot brakes Wed, 12 February 2003 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,

What stud pattern are the discs?

Luke aka Necros
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: fs: RX-7 Series 5/four spot brakes Wed, 12 February 2003 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm pretty sure S4+ RX7 is 5x114.3
TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: fs: RX-7 Series 5/four spot brakes Thu, 13 February 2003 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have some specially machnined brackets to fit these calipers onto sprinter or celica. $500 pair. they pass blue-plate/ enginners approval. they are really a bugger to fit these calipers otherwise, as the legs on the calipers are very long. good luck if you think you can do them easier/cheaper.
gingernuts
Regular

December 2002
Re: fs: RX-7 Series 5/four spot brakes Thu, 13 February 2003 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Terry,
I got your email re brackets for these brakes, are you sure your even talking about the same conversion?!?
I'm asking because you said the brackets are designed for 266mm disc's & fit inside 14" rims. Confused
RX-7 series 5 (turbo) disc's are 276mm not 266mm Razz

As for your price of $500 Laughing for engineered brackets?!?
I did some research today & found a reputable engineering company who already has CAD drawings for the proper conversion.
Further more the company will manufacture the brackets for nearly half your asking price!?! Rolling Eyes
Good luck selling these to some other unsuspecting "customer"

It's amazing what someone can make in their own back shed on a lazy Sunday afternoon!?! Don't give up your day job! Embarassed

[Updated on: Sat, 15 February 2003 04:57]

gingernuts
Regular

December 2002
Re: fs: RX-7 Series 5/four spot brakes Fri, 14 February 2003 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
***BUMP*** Rolling Eyes
pepsicola
Forums Junkie

August 2002

Re: fs: RX-7 Series 5/four spot brakes Fri, 14 February 2003 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:
I did some research today & found a reputable engineering company who already has CAD drawings for the proper conversion.

really? where is it in? and do you think u can help me out on the brackets?

and also I still haven't got the computer yet.
but ill wait and see if they're coming on Monday. Do you remember when did u send them?
TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: fs: RX-7 Series 5/four spot brakes Mon, 17 February 2003 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have made them for 266mm discs specially so these calipers can go under 14" wheels (customers request). The brackets are much easier for 15" or larger cause the calipers are designed for a bigger wheel. If some wants to make them for 50% of what i sell them for, thats fine by me. By all means publish their details for all to see. They are expensive as one-offs as we machine them in a proper enginnering shop ,by hand, from a billet. A bigger enginnering company with a CNC machine can spit them out cheaper of course, provided they make larger numbers. This forum is not a place for snide remarks.
Steve
Newcomer

July 2002
RX-7 Series 5 four spot brakes Thu, 20 February 2003 06:04 Go to previous message
Hi,
How much do you want for your 4 spot callipers and discs?
How does $300 sound
Steve
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Nissan S14 200SX front struts/brakes
Next Topic:FS: Kenwood KAC-859 5 Channel AMP
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 14:18:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005180835723877 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.