Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Anybody looking for a roomate mate? wanting to rent appartment in CBD

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Anybody looking for a roomate mate? wanting to rent appartment in CBD Tue, 20 September 2005 03:25 Go to next message
Is there anybody here who lives in or near the city and has a spare room? Or would like to share a place?

I got offered a better job that has opened up this option.

so far ive spotted Strathfield - Leichhardt - Stanmore - Newtown as affordable places of housing under $200 a week in rent

if any persons are keen let me know

thanks!

[Updated on: Tue, 20 September 2005 03:30]

Send a private message to this user    
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Anybody looking for a roomate mate? wanting to rent appartment in CDB Tue, 20 September 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CBD Wink

CBD = Central Business District

CDB = Convenient Dong Basket Razz
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Anybody looking for a roomate mate? wanting to rent appartment in CDB Tue, 20 September 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
opps thats what you get for using 1 hand to type (i was eating)
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Anybody looking for a roomate mate? wanting to rent appartment in CBD Tue, 20 September 2005 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Leichhardt is cool. I used to live there for some years and it's pretty close to the city (138/139/140 buses IIRC).

Also they've got these snazzy little eaterys and bars along Norton street which is great for a meal out in the evening.

seeyuzz
river
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Anybody looking for a roomate mate? wanting to rent appartment in CBD Tue, 20 September 2005 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what type of housing was it? apartment,studio,house?

would it be feesable to bring a car along too? i dont think many places have garages
AW11 no Jitsu
Regular

May 2005
Re: Anybody looking for a roomate mate? wanting to rent appartment in CBD Fri, 23 September 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All the areas mentioned are shocking in terms of parking. When my brother moved to Enmore earlier in the year, it was a challenge to just find parking so we could move his stuff. There were only a few places that had off street parking. Public transport is is pretty good, about 2 min walk to the nearest bus to the city (haven't had to wait more that 15 min for one).

I should also point out that he doesn't have or need a licence.
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Anybody looking for a roomate mate? wanting to rent appartment in CBD Fri, 23 September 2005 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you actually walk around the city and stop at a stop light where pedestrians cross, you will see heaps of advertisements at almost every pedestrian crossing. I usually like to pull the tabs just for the fun of it Smile
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Anybody looking for a roomate mate? wanting to rent appartment in CBD Fri, 23 September 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
enmore sucks for parking... it's just that kind of area. newtown on west side is terrible also, but east side is a little better.
east of the bottom end of king street is far nicer and still not far from train. likely to be units/duplex. the complex on the corner of mitchell road and sydney park road is good.. gym, two pools, tennis/basketball courts.... bus to city, 5 mins walk to St Peters station, 15mins walk to newtown (but excellent thai is 10 mins walk Razz "doy tao" )

stanmore/lewisham is a really nice place to live, parking is heaps better, train station right there.. (ie opposite side of parra road from leichardt) likely to be house/duplex

annandale is also good, there's bus that runs from leichardt to coogee as well as the city (iirc) annandale is more likely to be house tho.

car spots in annandale are ok... but if you are in a unit, get a secure parking spot undeneath if possible... an extra $100-120/month, but worth it.

randwick/coogee/kensington are also pretty close with great bus transport and ok parking, but prce is pushed up by uni kiddies (but you are nearer to beach in summer)

CBD is darlinghurst etc etc... small, exxy, no parking, sucks, but great nightlife, walk home from the city/cross/work.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Anybody looking for a roomate mate? wanting to rent appartment in CBD Fri, 23 September 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This guy is looking for a "room mate" his ad says:

....must be open minded, willing to try new things, must be neat and well groomed and a fan of QEFTSG...."

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/6385/roommate2nj.jpg
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Anybody looking for a roomate mate? wanting to rent appartment in CBD Fri, 23 September 2005 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Fri, 23 September 2005 16:31

This guy is looking for a "room mate" his ad says:

....must be open minded, willing to try new things, must be neat and well groomed and a fan of QEFTSG...."

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/6385/roommate2nj.jpg

lemme guess... room is in the "big cock" (actual building Razz) in darlinghurst?
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Anybody looking for a roomate mate? wanting to rent appartment in CBD Fri, 23 September 2005 09:45 Go to previous message
here's one from the paddigton press.

room boy wanted,cheap rent in penthouse.must service twice daily and clean up house.must enjoy wine spritzers and fire engines.
ahhahahahahahahhahaha
mick
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:NCIS - How did denozo get cured?
Next Topic:Ignorance and pseudofact filter
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 21:23:10 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055937767028809 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.