Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
1990Camry5spdSV21
Newcomer

September 2005
1990 Camry questions Fri, 23 September 2005 05:16 Go to next message
OK Ive had the Camry for years now but its recently become my only mode of transport so Ive been fixing all the little problems with it.

Firstly, theres a water leak up behind the dash on the drivers side and I cant seem to find where its coming from, theres a channel in behind the fender where the water from the windscreen seems to drain through and I think it might be in there but how do you get in there to repair it?

Secondly, cant get the interior dome light working, replaced globes and still nothing, any ideas?

Thirdly the car vibrates badly at idle, what would be causing this? Engine mounts?

The car has done 210,000kms and I run it on U98. It goes fairly well for a NA 2.0 but not quite as well as the 300rwhp car I just got rid of hahaha. Oh well fuel prices suck atm so its not all bad...

Cheers.
  Send a private message to this user    
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 1990 Camry questions Sat, 24 September 2005 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1990Camry5spdSV21 wrote on Fri, 23 September 2005 15:16

OK Ive had the Camry for years now but its recently become my only mode of transport so Ive been fixing all the little problems with it.

Firstly, theres a water leak up behind the dash on the drivers side and I cant seem to find where its coming from, theres a channel in behind the fender where the water from the windscreen seems to drain through and I think it might be in there but how do you get in there to repair it?

try checking the window seal at the top of your windscreen for rust.
Quote:

Secondly, cant get the interior dome light working, replaced globes and still nothing, any ideas?

take it to an auto electrician, but check all your fuses are ok first
Quote:

Thirdly the car vibrates badly at idle, what would be causing this? Engine mounts?

possibly an engine mount. if you accelerate and take your foot off quickly can you feel the engine moving? itll make a bit of a clunck if its an engine mount. also try moving the motor with ur hand when its not running if the engine mount is stuffed itll have a bit of play. aside from that pull off the induction piping and clean your throttle body, change your spark plugs and fuel filter and air filter and itll probably run alot smoother and use a hell of alot less fuel.
Quote:

The car has done 210,000kms and I run it on U98. It goes fairly well for a NA 2.0 but not quite as well as the 300rwhp car I just got rid of hahaha. Oh well fuel prices suck atm so its not all bad...

just run it on 91 u'll still get about 450kms out of a tank!

Cheers.

1990Camry5spdSV21
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: 1990 Camry questions Sat, 24 September 2005 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers I'll try that.

P.S. I use U98 to try and strangle a few extra KW out of it, it seems to work hahaha
Iceman
Regular

January 2003
Re: 1990 Camry questions Mon, 26 September 2005 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1) I have the same leak, it's coming from a rubber bung on the INSIDE fire-wall above the accerlerator.

2) Ceck fuses, spray housing with WD40, check globes

3) I've replaced 4 out of the 5 engine mounts and there's nothing u can do about the viabration. It dies down a bit as they wear-in.

4) there's a few things u can do to make it run a bit better:

Remove the "silencer box in the passenger side front guard. (cold air intake)

Use a cotton air fliter. (K&N or RUSH.....)

If u use PU98 then the timing can go forward 1 degree.

Put the tire pressure on 36psi.

Make sure you ground the battery in as may places as possible INCLUDING the block.

With PU98 I consistantly get 650km's out of a tank and my SV21 has done 150,000 km's. If i'm heavy with gas maybe 500km's Evil or Very Mad .

1990Camry5spdSV21
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: 1990 Camry questions Mon, 26 September 2005 05:36 Go to previous message
Iceman wrote on Mon, 26 September 2005 12:54

1) I have the same leak, it's coming from a rubber bung on the INSIDE fire-wall above the accerlerator.

2) Ceck fuses, spray housing with WD40, check globes

3) I've replaced 4 out of the 5 engine mounts and there's nothing u can do about the viabration. It dies down a bit as they wear-in.

4) there's a few things u can do to make it run a bit better:

Remove the "silencer box in the passenger side front guard. (cold air intake)

Use a cotton air fliter. (K&N or RUSH.....)

If u use PU98 then the timing can go forward 1 degree.

Put the tire pressure on 36psi.

Make sure you ground the battery in as may places as possible INCLUDING the block.

With PU98 I consistantly get 650km's out of a tank and my SV21 has done 150,000 km's. If i'm heavy with gas maybe 500km's Evil or Very Mad .

So does the rubber bung perish and allow water to get in when it rains?

The vibration at idle only started recently once youre driving its smooth as...

Do the Camrys have bad earth from factory or something?

Cheers Wink
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:sprinter fuel system
Next Topic:xA6x, xZ1x, xX7x + others 300ZX Brake Upgrade
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:53:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0040650367736816 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.