Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Body and Interior » number plates f/s.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
gtmick
Regular

September 2004
number plates f/s. Fri, 23 September 2005 13:27 Go to next message
nsw wales plates ,black and white ae1861 $300 will take offers.
must get rid of these moving to qld.
  Send a private message to this user    
Bananaman
Regular

July 2003
Re: number plates f/s. Sat, 24 September 2005 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hate to break it to you, but unless you can do something tricky you may have some trouble transferring them, below quoted from RTA site:

Can I give my plates to a friend or sell them?

Only personalised plus plates can be sold or transferred and transfer fees will apply. All other number plates are only transferable to immediate family members, de factos (including same sex) or between vehicles owned by the same company.

Quoted from http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/numberplate s/numberplate_faqs.html
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: number plates f/s. Sat, 24 September 2005 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry should have read the link Embarassed

[Updated on: Sun, 25 September 2005 10:52]

Bananaman
Regular

July 2003
Re: number plates f/s. Sun, 25 September 2005 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I put personalised plus in bold for a reason:

Content

Content is the type of information displayed on your number plate. There are four types of content available:

Standard – the letter and number combination is generated by the RTA eg AA 12 AB.
Personalised – choose your own letters and numbers from a range of preset combinations eg LA 55 IE.
Personalised plus – choose between 2 and 6 letters and numbers, with at least one letter (with the exception of the letter I and the letter O) eg MUM.
Numeral only – can be between 1 and 6 digits, however these plates are only available at RTA auctions or through private sale.

That would make this a "Personalised" plate rather than "Personalised plus". Personalised plus would be ones like WALLAHBROS and SIK Laughing

Not trying to shoot the sale down, just letting you know so you don't end up in an awkard situation at the RTA.. be prepared to try and persuade them that someone who looks nothing like you is your brother Laughing
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: number plates f/s. Sun, 25 September 2005 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bananaman wrote on Sun, 25 September 2005 18:24

Personalised plus – choose between 2 and 6 letters and numbers, with at least one letter (with the exception of the letter I and the letter O) eg MUM.

"AE1861" is 6 characters long, and consists of one letter that isnt I or O,

it meets all of the criteria, therefore it shouldnt be an issue transferring them.

Although it would probably be wise to ring up and ask.

Eldar.O.
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: number plates f/s. Sun, 25 September 2005 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO has a point... the only assigned ones would be AA11AA and AAA111.. hence this would be classified a personalized plus...
Paranoid Android
Regular

August 2005
Re: number plates f/s. Sun, 25 September 2005 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no, because it falls into the "AB-1234" type cartgory it is not considered 'personalized plus', (and the letters O and I are not excepted because they can resemble numbers very easily)

what you may do is to go to the rta and cancel the plates
then whoever buys them can register them straight away Very Happy

alternativly, get a friend with a motor dealers licence to "buy" the car from you then transfer the plates to your friend as a bogus member of their company, then sell the car back to you for the same price. Cool i think you may be up for a transfer fee of $32.00 each time the cars rego is transfered, also fee's for new plates for your car

not sure if there is a waiting period but you may like to check with the rta,
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: number plates f/s. Sun, 25 September 2005 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stop trying to prove a point that doesnt even make sense,

The first two points of the examples YOU posted up state that the letters either need to be chosen by the RTA, or the person buying the plates have to chose a combination of letters/numbers from what the RTA generates.

anything else is a "personalised plus" plate, which is what is for sale, and yes, they can be transferrered without issue.

even if it did meet the criteria of another catagory, it still meets the criteria of the "personalised plus" catagory, and therefore can be transferrer

Stop cluttering the thread with this useless rubbish.

Eldar.O.
TCHOON
Regular

June 2002
Re: number plates f/s. Mon, 26 September 2005 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The combination is a standard set one. LLNNNN.

It doesn't say it exactly, but any plate that is not a standard set one is a personalized plus.

The bit I don't get is why they have these rules ? The RTA gets a fee for any transfer and it really doesn't cost them anything except 2 minutes and a couple of new rego labels.

I transferred plates between 2 of my cars recently, but had to show them both sets of plates. Both are in my name and rego is paid. Why would they have to see the plates? What crime could I possibly commit paying rego on plates that don't exist ?

This is one hijacked thread Rolling Eyes
Bananaman
Regular

July 2003
Re: number plates f/s. Mon, 26 September 2005 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I fail to see why people from interestate are arguing this point, we all know that NSW RTA is far more draconian than other states.. You don't understand their pricing scheme...

Personalised plus means fully customised, ie any word, and also costs $400/year, and can be transferred. Just because this standard personalised plate could ALSO be on a custom yellow one is irrelevant. It falls into the category of personalised, just as the plates i ordered for my gf the other day do also. These cost $90/year, they are not standard, they are not personalised plus. ABC-23D on a "personalised" plate is DIFFERENT to ABC23D on a "personalised plus" plate.

We may be cluttering this thread, but its certainly not useless. What could be more awkward than arranging a sale of the plates, going in to the RTA together after cash changes hands, and then finding you cannot go ahead with it? A whole lot of wasted time and effort which could have been prevented..
Bananaman
Regular

July 2003
Re: number plates f/s. Mon, 26 September 2005 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=EldarO wrote on Mon, 26 September 2005 00:24] Stop trying to prove a point that doesnt even make sense,

The first two points of the examples YOU posted up state that the letters either need to be chosen by the RTA, or the person buying the plates have to chose a combination of letters/numbers from what the RTA generates.
[\quote]

No. Preset combinations, ie ABC-23D, AB-1234, AB-12-CD. This does not mean randomly generated, it means you can use any number or any letter in place of those. EG CAR-12C, BH-1986, PO-00-EY. Noone said the RTA had to make sense, they're there to make money, and lots of it Laughing

Quote:

anything else is a "personalised plus" plate, which is what is for sale, and yes, they can be transferrered without issue.

even if it did meet the criteria of another catagory, it still meets the criteria of the "personalised plus" catagory, and therefore can be transferrer

No..
Quote:

Stop cluttering the thread with this useless rubbish.

Stop arguing the point if you've not personally dealt with numberplates with the NSW RTA before.. Its relevant to the sale, it seems the best suggestion would be to cancel the plate and immediately reinstate it as said above, assuming they let you. The only reason i brought this up is so that the buyer/seller realises they need to come to a funky arrangement like this for it to go ahead.

Doesn't mean its not stupid, i don't see why they have to be a pain in the ass about transferring the plates. Seems completely unnecessary.

Not trying to stir shit, don't get me wrong!

[Updated on: Mon, 26 September 2005 02:32]

EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: number plates f/s. Mon, 26 September 2005 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bananaman, i went through this ordeal with number plates only last week, you are most definately right in what you are saying.

the only way you will get rid of these plates is to a family member (prob get away with someone not related but has same last name) or sell them with a car attatched.
i dont make this call on things i have read or heard, only on experience which is less than a week old.
Bananaman
Regular

July 2003
Re: number plates f/s. Thu, 29 September 2005 09:20 Go to previous message
I also asked when i went and picked up the "personalised" plates i ordered for my gf on Monday, and was told the same.

Best of luck in organising something, perhaps the ad should be changed to plates for sale to people with surname of Johnson Wink
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Sparco Sprint Seat (black)
Next Topic:Carbon Fibre Style M3 mirrors for sale
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 16:55:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0041890144348145 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.