Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Tats
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
7A-FE woes Tue, 20 September 2005 11:58 Go to next message
I'm facing a rather complicated problem which confuses every mechanic I've come across....

I had the head of my 7A-FE (AE102 Seca) reconditioned a few weeks ago to try and fix an oil-burning problem (I diagnosed it as valve stem seals). After getting the car back, now it burns litres of oil per week. It went through 3 litres in 5 days at one point. Blue smoke everywhere, I'm surprised I haven't been done for air pollution yet. A few more conversations with mechanics, and it's looking like it might be piston rings.

So as I'm saving for a bottom-end reco, I noticed a puff of smoke on startup, and the blue smoke is mostly in the first few minutes of driving. I thought maybe there is a crack in the head, or the head reco was stuffed up. Any thoughts?

In an unrelated problem, the car misfires at times and the timing goes crazy (hunting between 5 and 10 degrees). I pulled error code 52 from the ECU. Is this for the knock sensor? Would a cactus knock sensor create this sort of havoc with the timing and ignition?
  Send a private message to this user    
Tats
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Re: 7A-FE woes Fri, 23 September 2005 15:43 Go to previous message
Bump.... no ideas from anyone? Getting the head rechecked on Monday morning. Hopefully they find something, I'm too poor to do this more than once.
  Send a private message to this user    
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Hid technical info
Next Topic:MA70 Auto to Manual Conversion
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 18:48:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.003154993057251 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.