Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
dale_8888
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Help with Carby Sat, 24 September 2005 01:23 Go to next message
Does anyone know how to recondition a carby, coz i deliver pizza's for a living (im only in school) and I want to get it done as quick as possible. I know for a fact that my secondaries don't work...which I find rather amusing but if my primaries die...then I'm screwed, so can anyone give me guidance on how to recon a carby....apparently my mates mate bought a carby recon kit for $20, does anyone know about this? are they any good? Or better still can someone tell me what I need and tell me how to do it?

Cheers,
Kendall
  Send a private message to this user    
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: Help with Carby Sat, 24 September 2005 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep, carb reco kits are a good thing, but they can be expensive. Depending on what kit you get, you'll end up with gaskets, jets, float, needle valve bits, maybe even a can of cleaner. I don't know if your cars secondaries open simply by vacuum, or whether there is a linkage, but if it is linkage comtrolled, the lever has probably jumped to the wrong side of the actuator due to slack. If it is purely vacuum actuated, you need a new diaphragm, which may or may not come with a reco kit. Then u gotta tune it!

Good luck!
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: Help with Carby Sat, 24 September 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, and guidance? Pull it apart bit by bit. If you can't remember certain bits, write it down. Don't get the jets mixed up, 'cos that'd suck the big one. Make sure all your new gaskets seal well, ie clean all mating surfaces thoroughly, 'cos vacuum leaks are man's greatest enemy!
dale_8888
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: Help with Carby Sat, 24 September 2005 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers for the help!!!

What is a general price for the kits?

I don't know if it tells you if it's vacuum operated or not but it is a 1989 Charade, so whatever the cheapest opening way is, that's whats on it i guess...coz its cheap sh!t Razz

Also how long do you think that it will take to do the recon?
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: Help with Carby Sat, 24 September 2005 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No idea what it'd cost for a charade, but last time I rebuilt a carby I think there was three digits involved... Once you have the parts, it'll only take an afternoon. (provided all goes smoothly)
dale_8888
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: Help with Carby Sat, 24 September 2005 03:54 Go to previous message
I hate it, it's a piece of junk, the struts are stuffed, carby's half out, driver seats torn, glass in passenger window some how came off the winding brace thing (don't know what ya call it). And I am against spending money on it as I am saving for an AE86!!!

I keep saying I will go to U-Pull it (SA wreckers) and get struts, but i never do, Hey I've got a great idea how about instead of recon I just get a used one from U-Pull it as well Razz Should have thought of that earlier...probably a whole bunch cheaper...although I still don't want to spend money on it Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:duel vvti 3sge question?
Next Topic:18RGEU pollution gear
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 25 15:08:10 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0039710998535156 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.