Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Engines, Accessories and other Mechanicals » TRD Group A MA70 Supra Diff

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ART Racing
Occasional Poster

January 2005
TRD Group A MA70 Supra Diff Thu, 22 September 2005 09:53 Go to next message
Genuine TRD diff, new old stock. TRD 3.417:1 CWP and TRD clutch pack LSD. This was a spare left over from John Smiths' Toyota Team Australia Group A MA70 turbo, and has been inhibited from new, has never even been filled with oil. Good for whatever horsepower John's car was putting out, which was somewhere over 400hp. I have been keeping this as a spare (with lots of other MA70 Group A stuff)in case I could work out how to get the LSD centre into the F series diff housing in my Group A MA61, but have concluded that isn't going to happen. Am happy to take it out of the housing to cut the cost of postage if you want, housing is standard apart from the threaded hole in the top to take the diff oil cooler return pipe. Open to offers over $600. Diff is in Toowoomba.

John - 0414374244
  Send a private message to this user    
zork
Regular

September 2005
Re: TRD Group A MA70 Supra Diff Fri, 23 September 2005 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry to be off topic here. but is the john smith car one of the group A's that used to race at bathurst etc. if so, are these cars on any web site caus i wanna have a look at these. I actually have some photos of these cars from bathurst.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: TRD Group A MA70 Supra Diff Fri, 23 September 2005 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.groupc.org.au/
DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TRD Group A MA70 Supra Diff Fri, 23 September 2005 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very interested, in the diff and housing, sorry for not knowing but is it just a double spinner, lsd or a viscous lsd ?
am very interested in the whole lot.
ta
steve
ART Racing
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: TRD Group A MA70 Supra Diff Fri, 23 September 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
? Double spinner, you have me there, don't know what that is. As I stated it is a clutch pack LSD, therefore a set of clutch plates with intermediate plates to determine the amount of slip, variable depending on number of pates and preload. Yes, diff is a spare out of John Smith's ex Bathurst MA70 Group A car. There were three cars, John's which was the TTA 'works' car, Gary Willmington's car and one other privateer car (Peter Fitzgerald from memory). John still has his car, one of the others is in Tassie, don't know about the third. I have the ex Peter Williamson MA61 Group A car. There aren't any pictures on the Group C website of the other Supras as we have never had one in a race, John Smith has made some noise about getting his out of retirement. www.autopics.com.au has some photos of all the cars there (including a great one of my car during its second crash at Bathurst). I also have an almost full set of the TRD suspension and aluminium coil over units from his car, a set of brakes (370mm Harrops, require 18" rims), uprated half shafts, 1 piece tail shaft etc if anyone is looking to circuit race an MA70.
DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TRD Group A MA70 Supra Diff Fri, 23 September 2005 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep def interested.
pm me and we'll talk details
ta
steve
ART Racing
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: TRD Group A MA70 Supra Diff Fri, 23 September 2005 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is a mobile number there, I am not big on typing, it gives me a neck ache. Anyone who is seriously interested in any of this stuff, please give me a ring.

John
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: TRD Group A MA70 Supra Diff Sat, 24 September 2005 10:14 Go to previous message
cbf reading

Diff

1 way LSD
1.5 way LSD
2 way LSD

??

if its a 2 way or 1.5 way then ill take it now

cheers

matt
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3T-GTE Hi-performance parts to be sold soon
Next Topic:FS: Twin Solex Carbs and Manifold to suit 2T-G (ADE)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 21:43:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043380260467529 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.