Toymods » General Car Talk » GT4 owners dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 19 September 2005 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Justen - agree the P1's look great but are only available in very limited sizes for 5x100 unfortunately. Otherwise I would love a set on my Group A.

I really love the way the 17x8's fill out the gaurds on zasa's car - looks perfect. Did you have any problems with scrubbing with the 8" wide wheels?

Also - what size tyres is it running and are they expensive (they would be less common than the more standard 17x7 sized I would think?)

PS - shouldn't your GT8 be a UZT185 instead of a UZ185 (the 'T' being for Celica) Wink
  Send a private message to this user    
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 19 September 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nods on the P1's - i looked on their site last night - the closest offset available was +35 or +42.. Either would have issues one way or another - unless you could get customs witha +38 sorted

And have we got a definate answer on those spacers re if they effect the car seeing the rear track is wider than the front ?

the ideas good and all but it still begs legality , and handling issues ?
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 19 September 2005 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bit of an update on my little (drawn out) project.
You can see how the vent has been molded into the bulge they have the beonnet, 205 style. Bonnet pins still to be drilled though...

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/4461/1191903img6ld.th.jpg

RE the rack and suspension settings, the rack is getting replaced/re-coed as we speak due to some cop defecting me for having a loose wire to my brake lights, and i can't be fucked spending money onthe suspension settings till i have fulfulled other financial goals. Particularly seeing as i will be going with a set of 185 TEIN SS's, Whiteline adjustable rear swaybar, and 17" TE37s/P1s. Thats a big outlay in anyone's book... Sad

And on the P1s there def. possible on GT4s. Use your imagination. Provided you use proper spacers and check em every 10,000km or so i can't see any problems. I got a set but was wasted when i got em and bought em to suit an MR2. GOing to sell them and get white gravel TE37s or stick with the P1s. White six spoke all the way...

[Updated on: Mon, 19 September 2005 03:34]

JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 19 September 2005 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Someone gave you a bum steer there as you can get them in 8's and 9's by 17 5x100. 17x7 are the cheapest by a long way though.

No scraping issues for either the 17x8 or 18x8. the current 18x8.5 and 18x9 took some work but again nothing too tricky.

Tyre wise i like 215x40x17 on the white GT4....narrow enough that i used to get good wheelspin launches but enough grip for cornering.

RE spacers, as long as they are captive then they are legal.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 19 September 2005 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I find having the wider track at the rear makes the car feel like its got a tighter turning circle and seems to make the car feel more stable.
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 19 September 2005 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 17:24

sikx5 wrote on Sun, 11 September 2005 01:42

http://img237.echo.cx/img237/6113/dsc2208medium4so.jpg

http://www.elektranix.com/images/ST185R/ST185-FLNR-DS.jpg

Even though ours are the same part number my spacers seem to have shorter studs than yours Sikx5... are yours the studs that it comes with or something else?

PS the studs they come with are a bitch to drill out Razz

That is weird. They are original ones that came with it dude. Even the same colour as the actual spacer, so there original. I had a bit of trouble finding some wheel nuts that would go all the way to touch the wheel when tightening, if you know what i mean, Good thing spectral gave me some free nuts(thanks again dude).

Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 19 September 2005 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^ Thats very strange, the studs in the spacers are supposed to be the same length as the factory ones AFAIK, yours are definately longer than the standard ones.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 19 September 2005 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justen - re captive you mean integral to the hub - like the spacers offered above ?
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 19 September 2005 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I assume Justen means they must "bolt on" and be hubcentric... seems logical for them to be legal, however, the govt isn't known for being overly logical so this may be wrong.
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 19 September 2005 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys, i just got back from pedders and had a suspension inspection done. pretty much what i need is:

- all new Bump stops (wo922) 4 bump stops, $120 from whiteline.

- Lower control arm bushes (WO571) white line, $ 79.40

- rear Left shock absorber (1303512) whiteline 344$$

- D bushes and links pins for rear sway bar. (Btr78z) whiteline rear swaybar – $266, with D-bushes not link pins.

what i need now are:
- Radius bushes
- Left and right rack ends, right hand rack boot.

These are parts for a st165, so does any1 know if st185 parts are compatable? and what the hell are radius bushes?

im not gona see much change from $1500 Sad

by the way, might i add how useless pedders were at tracking down parts for my car! they contacted toyota dealers who said "gee i dunno about that part, its an import car" and left it at that.

[Updated on: Mon, 19 September 2005 14:29]

-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 19 September 2005 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
carsanactra wrote on Tue, 20 September 2005 00:28

hey guys, i just got back from pedders and had a suspension inspection done. pretty much what i need is:

- all new Bump stops (wo922) 4 bump stops, $120 from whiteline.

- Lower control arm bushes (WO571) white line, $ 79.40

- rear Left shock absorber (1303512) whiteline 344$$

- D bushes and links pins for rear sway bar. (Btr78z) whiteline rear swaybar – $266, with D-bushes not link pins.

what i need now are:
- Radius bushes
- Left and right rack ends, right hand rack boot.

These are parts for a st165, so does any1 know if st185 parts are compatable? and what the hell are radius bushes?

im not gona see much change from $1500 Sad

by the way, might i add how useless pedders were at tracking down parts for my car! they contacted toyota dealers who said "gee i dunno about that part, its an import car" and left it at that.

dude i did my rack ends not long ago...get aftermarkets to suite a 162 from repco for no more than $40 and check out nolathane for ur bushes, polyurathane lower control arm bushes are only setting me back about $40 + shipping.
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 19 September 2005 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tony wrote on Sat, 17 September 2005 20:21

Completely random question here, but does the T-VIS usually cause a noticeable change in noise pitch when the revs hit 4200rpm (where it kicks in)?
I'll try to cut a long story short to explain the situation...
Had engine removed & re-installed by mechanic (for gearbox re-co) several months ago. After getting car back it had developed a loud buzz in the first exhaust resonator when I hit 4200rpm, which we figured was just a loose baffle in the exhaust. Was planning to install new exhaust soon anyway, so figured I'd wait, & new exhaust would cure problem. New exhaust now in (full Aussie 3" system). The buzz has now gone, but I have noticed that the engine still has a noticeable change in noise at 4200rpm. Is this normal?

I dunno bout the change in noise but i have a resonating buzz around 2800-3200 and it really shits me Sad r most resonating buzz's exhuast related? sorry i cant help with your question.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 20 September 2005 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsanactra
Re: urethane bits and pieces
Give Noltec a call about your bushes as they were a lot cheaper than whiteline last time I looked and Whiteline don't actually make their bushes and last I heard they don't even buy directly from the manufacturer.

Also if you are going to replace the back shocks you really should consider changing the fronts (unless you already have whiteline front shocks) as your car will feel like p00!
Trust me on this, while my rear koni's were in for repair I drove around with koni's + whiteline springs at the front and stock shocks + kingspring superlows at the rear and it felt like total shit... very unbalanced, bouncy and just overall shit!
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 20 September 2005 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so the rackends for the st165 are the same for for the st162? if so thats good to hear!

does any1 know a place in australia that definetly provides polyurethane bushes for the st165? i looked at noltec like u said but they dont even have parts for the gt4 listed?

and as for radius bushes? does any1 know what these are?

JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 20 September 2005 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bolt on hub centric yes but also for setups where they can sit behind the rotor. Otherwise if the RTA will sign off on it it's legal.
gtfour-wrc
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 20 September 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi All,

I've got a 185 converted to GrpA spec thanks to bits and pieces from Justens UZ185.

Thought I'd chime in regarding 17x8 +35 size wheels on ST185.
I've had a setup of Jap spec wheels with this exact size for 12mths. I've got KYB struts, Eibach springs and 25mm H&R spacers on the rear.

With this setup and wheel config, the front mudflaps needed to be moved as this is the only place they rubbed on fullock. The rear gaurds required rolling due to KYB struts having too much bounce and bottoming when taking corners, if you have coilovers you should be fine. Without spacers no probs at all.

-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 20 September 2005 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
carsanactra wrote on Tue, 20 September 2005 10:48

so the rackends for the st165 are the same for for the st162? if so thats good to hear!

does any1 know a place in australia that definetly provides polyurethane bushes for the st165? i looked at noltec like u said but they dont even have parts for the gt4 listed?

and as for radius bushes? does any1 know what these are?

carsanactra, from what ive found out, EVERYTHING steering/suspension related is interchangable between the 162s and 165's, ppl please correct me if im wrong because im still learning alot about these cars..but this is what ive fouund so far...
go to ur nearest repco,autobarn,auto pro and orded NOLATHANE part# 45472 -- thats the polyurathane front lower control arm bushes $41 + postage, they should be able get them overnight for u.

so yeah when ya askin around places for 165 stuff, better off just asking for 162 stuff straight off the bat Smile
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 20 September 2005 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AWESOME,

can any else confirm that this is just about the way it works?

http://www.185performance.com/cgi-bin/performance/ scan/MM=8e7ff7d98b91b6cb7de338c7ae1690c2:10:19:10. html?mv_more_ip=1&mv_nextpage=results&mv_a rg=

ive found a full kit here, but it would be from america, take forever to get here, and i dont have a creadit card. anywhere in australia that does these?

[Updated on: Tue, 20 September 2005 06:12]

tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 20 September 2005 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BAH! Just when I thought I was doing well money-wise, my freaking insurance renewal comes! At least it's dropped by $715 this year, to $1350 which is good, altho the insured 'agreed value' is at $9500! I don't remember agreeing to that Mad

On slightly better news, those wheels I posted a few days back will now be costing me approximately half of what I said, due to a family member working for the distributor of said wheels!

[Updated on: Tue, 20 September 2005 06:23]

WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 20 September 2005 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys got some new wheels due to needing new tyres and also a pot hole damaging one wheel Sad anyways here is one piccy of them i posted other in my members thread (link in my sig) so tell us what u think of them Smile
Cheers Bill.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y43/wantaturbo/IMG_0050.jpg

[Updated on: Tue, 20 September 2005 06:37]

Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 20 September 2005 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tooch wrote on Tue, 20 September 2005 16:17

BAH! Just when I thought I was doing well money-wise, my freaking insurance renewal comes! At least it's dropped by $715 this year, to $1350 which is good, altho the insured 'agreed value' is at $9500! I don't remember agreeing to that Mad

I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets this kind of BS from my insurance company... if my insurance company tries to insure me for current "market" value next renewal I'll go Postal at them!

Red Book Code TOYO91IQ	
1991 TOYOTA CELICA 

ST185R Liftback GT4 Rallye 2dr Man 5sp 4WD 2.0T (Sept onwards)	
Trade in price guide*	$7,400 - $9,100 	
National average price - private sale*	$8,700 - $11,600 	
Price when new (RRP)	$45,460	
all prices quoted are GST inclusive
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 20 September 2005 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also on that subject... anyone selling $7,400 Group A's I'll take two thanks!
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 20 September 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Same here - i could do with a spare ..

Thank god mines insured for nearly 20K but man do i pay for it insurance wise ( that and its also full modified extras cover)

Id like to lookinto the spacers - but cant just as yet , finances are too low to justify a splurge atm , and i need to get the grey one running again before i can have a dabble in fun

Gtfour-WRC - Sounds like you and i got the Bits and pieces from UZ185 ..

I got its heart, which was rebuilt to be a monster , and some inter-colder bits that i hoped to use ..

but alas - luck went against me and i went frontmount instead

Toobs - Whats the brand/style of your wheels , out of curiousity
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 20 September 2005 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone know where I could get a piece of the Group A seat material? The right hand side bolster bit on my drivers side seat has a hole in it, its kinda getting bad now so I want to get it repaired, but dont wanna have to get the whole seat re-done
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 20 September 2005 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks nice WantaTurbo,
my mate has those wheels but not on a celica.

[Updated on: Tue, 20 September 2005 10:25]

Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 20 September 2005 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tooch wrote on Tue, 20 September 2005 19:32

Anyone know where I could get a piece of the Group A seat material? The right hand side bolster bit on my drivers side seat has a hole in it, its kinda getting bad now so I want to get it repaired, but dont wanna have to get the whole seat re-done

Isn't it just a plain black material on the sides? Fairly easy to match I would have thought?

tooch

On slightly better news, those wheels I posted a few days back will now be costing me approximately half of what I said, due to a family member working for the distributor of said wheels!

Sweet! Gotta love those mates rates. I'd love that sort of discount on some white P1's Very Happy

gtfour-wrc

I've got a 185 converted to GrpA spec thanks to bits and pieces from Justens UZ185.

Thought I'd chime in regarding 17x8 +35 size wheels on ST185.
I've had a setup of Jap spec wheels with this exact size for 12mths. I've got KYB struts, Eibach springs and 25mm H&R spacers on the rear.

With this setup and wheel config, the front mudflaps needed to be moved as this is the only place they rubbed on fullock. The rear gaurds required rolling due to KYB struts having too much bounce and bottoming when taking corners, if you have coilovers you should be fine. Without spacers no probs at all.

Does your car have the Group A panels to make the wheel arches wider or do you still have the std GT4 ones? How major was the required modification to the mudflaps?

tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 20 September 2005 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matty P wrote on Tue, 20 September 2005 20:53

tooch wrote on Tue, 20 September 2005 19:32

Isn't it just a plain black material on the sides? Fairly easy to match I would have thought?

tooch

Sweet! Gotta love those mates rates. I'd love that sort of discount on some white P1's Very Happy

Yeah I suppose I should actually ask an upholsterer Razz Just thought I'd try and take care of the hard part of matching 14 year old material.

I would love some white P1's too, but given how hard they are to get in the right offset and PCD, and considering the price difference, I'm fairly happy with my choice.
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 20 September 2005 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wonder who's gonna be first to get white P1s? Its something i've had on the boil since i got the car but things just keep popping up, like defects, and holidays, and fines, and engine blow-ups. One day...maybe!

BTW, Wantaturbo those rims are hot. Hope they're not too heavy.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 20 September 2005 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was actually considering doing a hub conversion to 5 x 114 so I could get the size P1's I wanted... and yes white was the colour I was planning on.
The only thing with having painted rims is that I imagine they would be easy to scratch at tyre change time.
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 20 September 2005 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanx for the kind comments KYOTO and BlackGT4 Very Happy Not sure how heavy they are cause they just got put straight on, hopefully not too heavy. Just need to get spacers for the back when i get the money because they sit too far in.
Cheers Bill Smile
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 21 September 2005 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone coming down to WSID tonight? See you there if you make it. I'll be giving the GT8 a run or 3. Heading off now as a few things to do on the way.
gtfour-wrc
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 21 September 2005 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MattyP - All Australian delivered models have the widebody Very Happy
Mods to the front mudflaps were to jus them remove them completely.

KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 21 September 2005 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I was actually considering doing a hub conversion to 5 x 114 so I could get the size P1's I wanted... and yes white was the colour I was planning on

I think that would be pretty cost uneffective, or at least this is the view of most people i've asked. If anyone can provide me a valid case stating otherwise...I'll walk outside and fit the fucking P1's in my garage! ( Grrr...)

Justen, any changes or is this a "recreational run"?
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 22 September 2005 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KYOTO wrote on Wed, 21 September 2005 16:58

Quote:

I was actually considering doing a hub conversion to 5 x 114 so I could get the size P1's I wanted... and yes white was the colour I was planning on

I think that would be pretty cost uneffective, or at least this is the view of most people i've asked. If anyone can provide me a valid case stating otherwise...I'll walk outside and fit the fucking P1's in my garage! ( Grrr...)

Justen, any changes or is this a "recreational run"?

You have P1's in the garage? Did you get 5x114 rims instead of 5x100?

BTW Justen - how did you go last night at WSID?
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 22 September 2005 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
11.7@122mph on shitty street tyres. I was heading for an 11.4 but muffed the shift to 2nd...overheated the clutch off the line i suspect so the shift was sticky...still pulled a 11.88 though.

Now to get some DOT rated drag rubber and bust out a 10 Smile

Not bad for a car driven down from Canberra and home again same day.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 22 September 2005 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did anyone get a video of the effort , justen ?
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 22 September 2005 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah there are a couple, vids always look boring though
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 22 September 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill get up eventually justen , when grey car is Ok ,and i can afford to make the trip - hopefully ill swing it in the new year as i have to pick that trim piece you have in your shed for me up!It would be interesting to Reunite the red car with its original motor, hopefully with a shade more grunt on tap ..

I so want to make this motor breathe - its like hanging lead weights off the back of a racehorce atm .. You can tell it just wants to bolt but certain mechanical restraints are limiting it atm

Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 22 September 2005 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JustenGT4 wrote on Thu, 22 September 2005 13:55

11.7@122mph on shitty street tyres. I was heading for an 11.4 but muffed the shift to 2nd...overheated the clutch off the line i suspect so the shift was sticky...still pulled a 11.88 though.

Now to get some DOT rated drag rubber and bust out a 10 Smile

Not bad for a car driven down from Canberra and home again same day.

Top effort Justen..... it will real out a 10 for sure with some sticky's as the mph speaks for itself. What was your 60ft time?

Congrats again to you and the car.
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 22 September 2005 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
60' time on the good run was 1.95...the killer was the 1.8 i ran next run but then stuffed the change, i was heading for an 11.5 at least...bugger Smile Still, not bad on daily driver street rubber.
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 23 September 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very impressive Smile should break into low 11's or 10's with some softer rubber.
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 23 September 2005 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
congrats justen

awesome time, that car is amazing

cheers Very Happy
off-road
Occasional Poster

February 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 24 September 2005 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is a Carlos Sainz for sale in Alice Springs.
This has nothing to do with me as I have never seen the car nor do I know the owner.

The ad in the local paper says
Toyota Celica GT4 Group A Rally
Carlos Sainz Signature Edition number 123
As new condition 27 000 km
$22 500
Ph 08 89536267

Feel free to move this to a different section if you think
any Toymodders might be interested.
Tony
Regular

October 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 25 September 2005 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
27000km ?!!!
That'd be some road trip driving it back from Alice...
-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 25 September 2005 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I finished up my FMIC install today.

http://lance.ugbox.net/GT4/Modifications/Intercooler/finished1.JPG

More info on the install at Ozcelica
http://www.ozcelica.com/mainforum/index.php?showto pic=2165
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 25 September 2005 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked Richard, that looks tough as Evil or Very Mad Notice much more lag?

P.S Do you intend to put some sort of mesh infront of it? Wink
-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 25 September 2005 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aust162 wrote on Sun, 25 September 2005 17:50

Shocked Richard, that looks tough as Evil or Very Mad Notice much more lag?

P.S Do you intend to put some sort of mesh infront of it? Wink

tough indeed, should scare a few grandmas with it Smile Lag is minimal, like split second if that.

My intention is to basically do what justen has done with the GT8, cut out the centre section, and possibly mesh it.

Thats all for another day though Smile
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 25 September 2005 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GriZZly wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 16:05

ive been in contact with tcca about the 25mm spacers as toobs suggested they were the most local place to get em.. theyre $275 a pair 5 stud 54,1 centre bore.. maybe less if we did a group buy...

post up if u definitely want a pair and we can go from there...

Any word on a group buy mate? There's a few interested here!
Tony
Regular

October 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 25 September 2005 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd be interested in that group buy too, but as usual, my GT4 has yet another problem which will probably require $$$s...

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=81968&rid=1429&S=4912b7499673a36f002ecf1 9cc02ef41&pl_view=&start=0#msg_774015

Our GT4s certainly are a labour of love...
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 27 September 2005 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tony wrote on Sun, 25 September 2005 23:20

I'd be interested in that group buy too, but as usual, my GT4 has yet another problem which will probably require $$$s...

I think I've overstretched my pockets on the gt4 this month Laughing

I love my car Razz

cheers Very Happy
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 27 September 2005 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1gt48u wrote on Tue, 27 September 2005 10:31

Tony wrote on Sun, 25 September 2005 23:20

I think I've overstretched my pockets on the gt4 this month Laughing

I love my car Razz

cheers Very Happy

lol do i know how that feels, a simple change of bushes has turned into replacement front struts when 3/4 of my front right shock fell out when my lower control arm came off....:S....anyway who here is from newcastle?
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 27 September 2005 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my whole suspension is so noisy, its not funny.
and the whiteline works kit is so expensive. Sad
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 27 September 2005 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can get thew works kit still , but with something like KYB Shockers instead if the overall price is a bit steep

by memory it was about 400 dollars cheaper saving all up to go gas shocks Vs the koni adjustables

though IMHO the koni's are worth every cent ..

PS Guys

Lightened flywheels

Anyone know of a local ( ie australia ) supplier of good quality flywheels ? I want to have a number in reserve incase my flywheel was damaged when the starter motor chunks went into that area.

I know importbitz used to deal with Fidenza , but no longer do
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 27 September 2005 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just go buy yourself a nice twin plate clutch classique... generally they come with a moly flywheel.
At least then you can explain to the missuz that a clutch is a normal consumable item and they are expensive because its a 4wd Very Happy

Otherwise just talk to John @ Importbits... I wouldn't bother getting the flywheel alone from anywhere else.

PS I have an array of stock flywheels if you get yourself into trouble.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 27 September 2005 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
reasons not to buy a twin plate .. Wink

1 - I have a perfectly good and brand new( i hope ) single plate ceramic clutch - which handles the power fine , and is alot more street friendly

2 - i suspect the Flywheel will be the only damaged part if any due to the lovely grindey noises i heard

3 - buying just a flywheel is still a heap cheaper than going twin plate - for the above two reasons !

Also already spoken to John , as posted , he no longer deals in fidenza flywheels - so im looking at alternate sites

I wonder if TRD ( penrith ) have one - another use of the toymods discount card and more reasons to have TRD stickers YO!

PS: there is no missus - i have to argue with myself on the financial issues , and usually give in anyway when it comes to the GT4
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 27 September 2005 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote

PS: there is no missus

Wise man! Very Happy
Roundy
Regular

April 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 28 September 2005 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys, out of curiousity has anyone taken their GT4 to a drag strip (excluding justens GT8, not quite the same Razz )

How did it go?
How the hell do u launch these cars effectively? I personally have done a launch by letting the clutch slip...took off like a scalded cat, and smelt real bad
-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 28 September 2005 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roundy wrote on Wed, 28 September 2005 11:19

Hey guys, out of curiousity has anyone taken their GT4 to a drag strip (excluding justens GT8, not quite the same Razz )

How did it go?
How the hell do u launch these cars effectively? I personally have done a launch by letting the clutch slip...took off like a scalded cat, and smelt real bad

Rev to 5-6k and side step the clutch.

Hooks up and goes.

I'm taking my GT4 to the strip on Wednesday, ill tell you how i go.

EDIT: i am using the exedy 5 button clutch, so i can get away with it without semlling clutch

[Updated on: Wed, 28 September 2005 01:43]

Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 28 September 2005 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-==L=a=N=c=E==- wrote on Wed, 28 September 2005 11:43

Rev to 5-6k and side step the clutch.

Hooks up and goes.

I'm taking my GT4 to the strip on Wednesday, ill tell you how i go.

EDIT: i am using the exedy 5 button clutch, so i can get away with it without semlling clutch

That is the fastest way to get off the line. Very hard on your clutch though Crying or Very Sad

Let us know how you go Richard!
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 28 September 2005 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
what do u mean side step teh clutch?
Pages (23): [ «  <  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all
Next Topic:wolf 3d V4....how much are they?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 19:33:15 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0097770690917969 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.