Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Toymods Membership & Feedback » ToyotaFest Q?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
ToyotaFest Q? Sat, 24 September 2005 09:21 Go to next message
Hi Guys,

I'm forever throwing up random questions about Toyotafest, so here is another one.

What kind of media coverage have we tried to organise for this event? I'm mean media covereage is good

a) because it would promote the club we all know and love
b) it would give our current sponsors better value for their money(and that's important), it would also enable us to perhaps get larger sponsors behind us next year?

I'm hoping that we get a little mag coverage like we did last year, I mean we have a number of cars that are probably going to be in attendance that have been front covers for a number of the prominent magazines.

Have we contacted Fast 4's, Hot 4's, Zoom, High Performance Imports etc....to see if they are interested in coming along?

In regards to getting people there, I wasn't there last year so I'm not sure what the crowd was like, but it would be awesome to have as many people there as possible, could we ring up some radio statinos and see if we could get a plug occasionall over the next few weeks, I mean the event is run by a not for profit club, and entry is free so maybe Nova, 104.1 or MMM may be interested in some free plugs in return for a few posters or something?

TV coverage is less likely, but wouldn't it be cool to see Toyofest at the end of the news in that little 2 minute community "feel good" bit at the end of the news? We could put the spin on it that it's all about celebrating the history of Toyota in Australia, and it could show how how car enthusiasts arn't all bad.

All crazy ideas, I reckon Toyofest needs a Media Lianson officer or something for this event! Also did we have any luck snaring that new Corolla Protype for the day?

OK, all done Smile

*edit* Also, an idea, why don't we have a best presented ladies car award? Might help us attract some more people, and hopefully get more ladies interested in the scene? Hs worked well at some other car shows I've been to SCS for exmaple, ,entrant cards for blokes were blue and for the ladies pink *edit*

[Updated on: Sat, 24 September 2005 09:30]

Send a private message to this user    
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: ToyotaFest Q? Sun, 25 September 2005 03:47 Go to previous message
hey Nathan Dav has been really busy with ringing round all the mags but as they run four to three months in advance and the show is on next weekend we weren't able to get ads in the magazines in time. But hopefully we will have representatives from Hot 4's and Zoom magazines there covering the day. As for any other publicity we've been working really hard to get the flyers and posters put up where ever we think people will be interested in this kind of thing. The turn out of people last year was pretty good.
Any ideas you have are always welcome depending on how the show goes this year we'll see what happens in the years to come. Most importantly we just want a good day that brings together like minded people to have a chat and check out each others cars.
  Send a private message to this user    
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Forms of payment.
Next Topic:Feedback: THANK FARK ED IS BACK!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:22:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062010288238525 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.