Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 4AGE Loom questions with pics...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
4AGE Loom questions with pics... Sun, 25 September 2005 11:33 Go to next message
Hey peeps,
My looming is going a hell of alot better than originally expected, but there are a few things I'm unsure of.

In this first picture, I'm interested in knowing what the hell that big black plug is for... Also the little yellow plug there (I'm thinking that is some kind of body loom that has absolutely nothing to do with the ECU, and if so I'll just leave it unplugged and use the original Temp and Oil press loom.)
http://ke70.theicy.net/loom1.jpg

In this second picture is some kind of relay, my first thought was that it is the EFI main relay, am I correct?
http://ke70.theicy.net/loom2.jpg

Thanks fellow toymodders,
Kev.
  Send a private message to this user    
bluehachi
Regular

September 2005
Re: 4AGE Loom questions with pics... Sun, 25 September 2005 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
black plug looks to be same as ae86 plug to body loom for starter signal/oil and water signals.

as for yellow plug no idea.

and relay looks to be main efi relay yes
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: 4AGE Loom questions with pics... Sun, 25 September 2005 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the "yellowed" plug in the red pentagon looks to be the winscreen wiper motor plug.
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: 4AGE Loom questions with pics... Mon, 26 September 2005 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I actually found a windscreen wiper motor plug right near that yellowed plug... I'm thinking I have part of a JDM AE86 body loom mixed in with the engine loom ahhah.

Kev.
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: 4AGE Loom questions with pics... Mon, 26 September 2005 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh one more question. Are oil pressure and water temperature required sensors of the ECU? Or can I just use my old loom to show them on the dash?

Kev.
parrot
Regular

July 2004
Re: 4AGE Loom questions with pics... Tue, 27 September 2005 04:35 Go to previous message
The "big black plug" is rather important as it links the wiring from the ignition, and fuel injection circuitry under the dash to the engine loom. If you are keen, send me an email with an address or fax number and I can send you the plug wiring diagram. Far more detailed than the basic wiring diagram.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:sw20 shocks in ae86/ra60 struts
Next Topic:service documentation for a 2000 Echo - any websites?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 00:13:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0068190097808838 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.