Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Engines, Accessories and other Mechanicals » HKS GT2540 ball bearing turbo

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

HKS GT2540 ball bearing turbo Tue, 06 September 2005 11:26 Go to next message
For Sale: Genuine HKS GT2540 ball bearing turbocharger.

From the HKS Australia website:

"An HKS and Garrett Turbochargers exclusive design, the HKS GT turbos are designed to offer a balance between power and response that is often not inherent with conventional turbos. By utilizing a ball-bearing center cartridge, versus a conventional bronze bushing type bearing, weight and friction on the center shaft is reduced allowing for increased response. A unique compressor wheel design prevents efficiency drop during high boost conditions and the new turbine wheel design of 9 square shape fins, versus 10 triangle shaped fins, maximizes exhaust flow to produce low-end torque as well as high-end torque. The HKS designed exhaust housings incorporate a spherical section scroll that quickens exhaust flow for better response and utilizes a larger tapered opening that prevents exhaust pressure build up."

Specs as follows:

GT2540
T25 base flange

COMPRESSOR
Housing A/R Ratio: 0.60
Trim: 46
Inducer: 51.7mm
Major: 76.2mm

TURBINE
Housing A/R Ratio: 0.64
Trim: 76
Major: 53.8mm
Exducer: 47.0mm

Rated at a conservative 350hp

I ordered this turbo from Japan, but got impatient whilst waiting for it to be delivered, and bought a Garrett locally to get my car on the road so this is now excess. Garrett have inspected in Australia, and it is in excellent working order.

Just looking to get back what I paid at $1400 firm plus postage.

pics:

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=14675

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=14676

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=14677

Attachment: image0001.jpg
(Size: 57.68KB, Downloaded 394 time(s))
Attachment: image0002.jpg
(Size: 57.06KB, Downloaded 393 time(s))
Attachment: image0003.jpg
(Size: 67.50KB, Downloaded 385 time(s))

Send a private message to this user    
mlaser
Regular

March 2003
Re: HKS GT2540 ball bearing turbo Wed, 07 September 2005 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im not sure if ive been studyin too hard and damaged me eyes, but is that turbo missing its wastegate??
white86
Regular

May 2004
Re: HKS GT2540 ball bearing turbo Wed, 07 September 2005 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From those photos, it appears to be missing its wastegate actuator. TE_72 turbo, maybe you can tell the people if any other generic Nissan actuators or the like can work on this turbo. Also, what sort of engine did you plan to run it on? gl with the sale dude.
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: HKS GT2540 ball bearing turbo Wed, 07 September 2005 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

im not sure if ive been studyin too hard and damaged me eyes, but is that turbo missing its wastegate??

No man, its there! Why can't you see it? Razz

Wastegate actuator will be supplied with the turbo. It was just camera shy at the time Laughing

Cheers
Phil
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: HKS GT2540 ball bearing turbo Wed, 07 September 2005 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
worst case senario gcg can supply you with a hks actuator for the gt 2540 or adapt a custom one
GTZLevin
Regular

January 2005
Re: HKS GT2540 ball bearing turbo Thu, 08 September 2005 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
better yet.. u can run an external gate with a screamer pipe...

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAA
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: HKS GT2540 ball bearing turbo Mon, 26 September 2005 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*bump

i'll include postage Smile
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: HKS GT2540 ball bearing turbo Mon, 26 September 2005 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is this brand new?
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: HKS GT2540 ball bearing turbo Mon, 26 September 2005 22:18 Go to previous message
Reconditioned, exactly as you see it in the pictures. I have not used this turbo since its arrival in Australia.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Huge Clean Out Every Thing 4 Sale (PICS)
Next Topic:### AE86 4AGE 4-1 Tuned Length Extractors - Melb - LOWERED TO $150 DAMMIT!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:26:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049221515655518 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.