Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » What happened to Speed magazine?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon5.gif  What happened to Speed magazine? Tue, 20 September 2005 02:36 Go to next message
It's the 20th and there still isn't an issue out this month, anyone know what's going on? It is monthly, isn't it?

I buy it every now and again and have been looking forward to the next issue. Sure they stuff a few facts up but it's a semi-intelligent magazine... unlike drivel like FastFours or Hot4s Rolling Eyes

Send a private message to this user    
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: What happened to Speed magazine? Tue, 20 September 2005 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
too much speed? Laughing Laughing
sorry dad joke.. dad.. joke

not sure mate. they were an alrite read when you had some time to kill and you were in the newsagent
mc68
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2005
Re: What happened to Speed magazine? Tue, 20 September 2005 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah!...whats the deal...ive been waiting for the september issue for weeks... Mad
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: What happened to Speed magazine? Tue, 20 September 2005 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan wrote on Tue, 20 September 2005 12:36

I buy it every now and again and have been looking forward to the next issue. Sure they stuff a few facts up but it's a semi-intelligent magazine... unlike drivel like FastFours or Hot4s Rolling Eyes

I don't read much of Fast/Hot-4's - but . . . .

I found SPEED to be really lightweight for details, information and anything generally useful. Whether it be comparisons, tech articles, feature cars or whatever, I never saw anything much more than a brief skim over the details, most things mentioned then promptly forgotten. I found this REALLY annoying whenever there were interesting cars with unusual/clever methods/solutions involved... . . You'd get a rough idea what had happened but no background on why or how. Mad

Reading through a full-page tech article often yielded only one or two tidbits I didn't already know, and left Me no wiser as to how one might do whatever the article was on. Grrrrr.... Mad Mad

I believe the "pink" issue with the Drifter S15 is the last one.
dizzy
Regular

February 2004
Re: What happened to Speed magazine? Tue, 20 September 2005 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From what I've heard in the last few months, Speed Magazine has been axed.

[Updated on: Tue, 20 September 2005 05:55]

86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: What happened to Speed magazine? Tue, 20 September 2005 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Theres no sign of them at www.acp.com.au which used to be their email provider Sad
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: What happened to Speed magazine? Tue, 20 September 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
discontinued
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: What happened to Speed magazine? Tue, 20 September 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the only mag you want is race.
funkymonkey
Regular

October 2004
Re: What happened to Speed magazine? Tue, 20 September 2005 17:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We had an article done about one of our cruises (Skylines Australia VIC) and when I was talking to one of the staff there, they said it would be in the last issue. So yeah, out of production.
suthol
Occasional Poster

February 2003
Re: What happened to Speed magazine? Tue, 20 September 2005 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the only mag you want is race

Second that, a very good read, no bling and caps on backwards
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: What happened to Speed magazine? Wed, 21 September 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ACP has canned speed. no longer a magazine and the staff have either left or been stuck to other ACP publications.

sorry guys it is no more. buy ASM instead! Smile
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What happened to Speed magazine? Wed, 21 September 2005 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
See , this is what happens when you give wrong info about the Gt4 ! toyota owners get grumpy , prove them wrong , thrice , then its all over Smile

nice to see my ( and beej's ) " hey ? facts on Gt4's " letter got in the last edition ..

maybe i should buy it for a memento .

Tis a bit of a shame though - they did feature toyotas more often than mst rags , including a few of the cars off this very forum ( ie justens GT8 )

kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: What happened to Speed magazine? Wed, 21 September 2005 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha i should start one and call it RICER lmao
mick
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What happened to Speed magazine? Wed, 21 September 2005 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it might be a hit Smile
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: What happened to Speed magazine? Wed, 21 September 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Wed, 21 September 2005 16:45

ACP has canned speed. no longer a magazine and the staff have either left or been stuck to other ACP publications.

sorry guys it is no more. buy ASM instead! Smile

What mag is ASM? Confused
pLaYa_OnE
Regular

February 2004
Re: What happened to Speed magazine? Thu, 22 September 2005 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ASM = Auto Salon Magazine
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: What happened to Speed magazine? Mon, 26 September 2005 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pLaYa_OnE wrote on Fri, 23 September 2005 08:22

AHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA Rolling Eyes

Surprised AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA

if i need to know how to hook up my neons to run off the city's street light schedule then i'll get ASM Laughing
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: What happened to Speed magazine? Mon, 26 September 2005 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It sounds worse than it is, the feature cars are usually tastefully modified, its not a bad read, well the couple of issues i have anyway. One of my friends actually put me onto it, they feature ae86's sometimes and i think the editor owns one? or am i thinking of a different mag?

EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: What happened to Speed magazine? Mon, 26 September 2005 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i once managed to flick through one even after being put off by the name, mag was as shit as title sugested. but having said that now i know how to install pedal covers Surprised
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: What happened to Speed magazine? Mon, 26 September 2005 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr DOHC wrote on Mon, 26 September 2005 16:04

pLaYa_OnE wrote on Fri, 23 September 2005 08:22

AHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA Rolling Eyes

Surprised AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA

if i need to know how to hook up my neons to run off the city's street light schedule then i'll get ASM Laughing

Yeah and your not lieing, i saw one with article how to install speedo light caps to make blue dash and start button for your engine Rolling Eyes .
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: What happened to Speed magazine? Mon, 26 September 2005 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive heard rumors that ASM are going to do an AE86 project Mad Rolling Eyes Razz
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: What happened to Speed magazine? Mon, 26 September 2005 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Mon, 26 September 2005 21:52

Ive heard rumors that ASM are going to do an AE86 project Mad Rolling Eyes Razz

yeah candy pink paint on 20s with a chrome wing Razz.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: What happened to Speed magazine? Mon, 26 September 2005 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its actually ford metallic blue on enkei 15's but hey whatever floats your boat mr pinky

EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: What happened to Speed magazine? Mon, 26 September 2005 15:45 Go to previous message
ill scan the pics and post them if people want?

Speed was a good mag Sad

Eldar.O.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:using emulators to play PS2 torents
Next Topic:OMG stupid
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 10:17:10 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057199001312256 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.