Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Yahoo Japan Techniques - Veiwing & Buying?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Yahoo Japan Techniques - Veiwing & Buying? Mon, 26 September 2005 01:57 Go to next message
Well all you shop - a - holics!

Care to impart a few tips and tricks to the many of us still trying to actually just read and search the site? Rolling Eyes

I run 13" -20 wheels. So i need dish! and buggered if i can afford 650 a corner simmons. Shocked

Save me from custom stockies! Sad

Cheers

Nathan

edit:typos

[Updated on: Mon, 26 September 2005 01:58]

Send a private message to this user    
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Yahoo Japan Techniques - Veiwing & Buying? Mon, 26 September 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to view/search, learn Katakana, or at least copy and paste the search terms you are after.

for buying, your best bet is to find an agent who will do it for you. to buy you need to be registered with yahoo auctions and pay a monthly fee as well as the application/address verification fee.

shipping rims back via post is expensive, (maybe $5-600?) and again, best bet is to find someone who will chuck them into a container on it's way back...

so far, most importers are very very unwilling to help ship things back as they think you are "taking away from their business" Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Cya, Stewart
mumblezzz
Regular

June 2003
Re: Yahoo Japan Techniques - Veiwing & Buying? Mon, 26 September 2005 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.rinkya.com is your friend.
Sir_2JZA70
Regular

July 2005
Re: Yahoo Japan Techniques - Veiwing & Buying? Mon, 26 September 2005 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some of those fees start to add up quite a bit.

They also want to charge you shitloads if you bid on something and they decide they dont want to ship it.

Doesnt sound too bad for smaller items though.

It wouldnt let me search without joining up. I sent off an application but it wont let me join for 24 hours. They say that I need a credit card to join, but not whether it costs money to join or not. Do they charge money just to join and search? If so, how much?
Sir_2JZA70
Regular

July 2005
Re: Yahoo Japan Techniques - Veiwing & Buying? Mon, 26 September 2005 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Opps hang on, I got the search thing working. Very Happy

Its pretty cool. Some of their version of translating is pretty damn funny. Razz
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Yahoo Japan Techniques - Veiwing & Buying? Mon, 26 September 2005 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think yahoo chrages you $US15-20 to verify a non-japanese address and also charges you more per month to hold your account.

you MUST have a credit card, and you MUST have something mailed to your home (the validation slip) to be able to join yahoo auctions.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Yahoo Japan Techniques - Veiwing & Buying? Mon, 26 September 2005 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sir_2JZA70 wrote on Mon, 26 September 2005 19:20

Some of those fees start to add up quite a bit.

They also want to charge you shitloads if you bid on something and they decide they dont want to ship it.

i think their prices are very reasonable...

it costs me $5 per month to be on yahoo (not rinkya), between $5 and 10 per bank transaction (depending on my banks fees and the receiving banks fees), minimum $8 internal shipping within japan, as well as conversion fee/withdrawal fee for cash i withdraw from aussie account...

it's not cheap.
Sir_2JZA70
Regular

July 2005
Re: Yahoo Japan Techniques - Veiwing & Buying? Tue, 27 September 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had a bit of a look around the auctions last night, things arent really that much cheap than from an importer in Oz. By the looks of it they only charge around 10-20% margin. Alot of importers also sell their goods with some form of money back garauntee. Money well spent IMHO.

Still very usefull to have something to compare against when shopping for parts. Wink
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Yahoo Japan Techniques - Veiwing & Buying? Tue, 27 September 2005 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
make a friend in japan and get them to send you stuff back at a low ass commision ($20 bucks per item)

thats what i did Razz

rims cost me only 200 ontop of auciton price to get here for all four!
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Yahoo Japan Techniques - Veiwing & Buying? Tue, 27 September 2005 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShiRi wrote on Tue, 27 September 2005 15:37

make a friend in japan and get them to send you stuff back at a low ass commision ($20 bucks per item)

thats what i did Razz

By what means did you get the rims back to OZ? That's the only thing stopping me so far...
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Yahoo Japan Techniques - Veiwing & Buying? Tue, 27 September 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian wrote on Tue, 27 September 2005 16:48

ShiRi wrote on Tue, 27 September 2005 15:37

thats what i did Razz

By what means did you get the rims back to OZ? That's the only thing stopping me so far...

Ditto Razz
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Yahoo Japan Techniques - Veiwing & Buying? Tue, 27 September 2005 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he wrapped them up, took the post office and sent it to my house

i didn't even have to leave the house
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Yahoo Japan Techniques - Veiwing & Buying? Tue, 27 September 2005 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShiRi wrote on Tue, 27 September 2005 17:45

Coolies. Now, just to persuade this particular guy in Japan to do it for me *looks pointedly at someone's direction*
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Yahoo Japan Techniques - Veiwing & Buying? Tue, 27 September 2005 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShiRi wrote on Tue, 27 September 2005 17:45

hmmm... i got quoted $250 for 20kg not long ago...
actually cost me $125 to send 4.5kg recently...

4 rims is more like $40kg.....

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... might have to look into this further... (again)
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Yahoo Japan Techniques - Veiwing & Buying? Tue, 27 September 2005 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I guess its an advantage when XR4's only weigh 3kg a wheel Razz

p.s: max size... 14x8jj... any wider than that and ur over the limit for postal services. i dunno about 15x8jj though... it could come under (thats at 2 wheels a pacakge thou, if u split them up again (4x1 wheel a package) then u can ship em via post)

**list deleted... further enquires regarding acctual payment please pm me, it's not something like to disclose to the world**

[Updated on: Tue, 27 September 2005 08:07]

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Yahoo Japan Techniques - Veiwing & Buying? Tue, 27 September 2005 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats the list i was given at the post office...

for air freight, say 8-10kg per rim including packaging, by air freight (bugger waiting for 3 months Razz ) thats around $250 per each of the two packages...

yes.. 3kg wheels do help a touch Razz.. not many 16 or 17" rims are 3kg tho....
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Yahoo Japan Techniques - Veiwing & Buying? Tue, 27 September 2005 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good things come to those who wait... costing of 4 rims sent by air freight would of been sky high and more than triple the commision of what a importer would of charged. I've never been in a urgent hurry for anything i've ever needed, light things i get sent by air (taillights, headlights, gauges, steering wheels, etc)... heavy things i get sent by sea (LSD, Wheels, Coilovers) and it works out that i'm ahead almost 200-300 dollars what a importer would charge... and i'd still have to wait 6-8 weeks while they get put on a container...
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Yahoo Japan Techniques - Veiwing & Buying? Tue, 27 September 2005 10:53 Go to previous message
shiri buddy! i need some parts.... Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:acrylic or 2pac
Next Topic:Fox (Discovery?) Drifting (history?) segment... anyone see or even dub?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 10:38:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0073409080505371 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.