Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » What colour for the hachi shitbox? first time painting

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
cytribe
Regular

June 2003
What colour for the hachi shitbox? first time painting Mon, 26 September 2005 17:06 Go to next message
Well I've decided to change proffesions and become an Automotive Spray Painter. A friend of the families is letting me use his workshop to respray the hachi for the cost of the paint.
Catch is I do all the work with a bit of supervision obviously.
I really want it gunmetal grey. But I get the feeling a darker colour will show up the shit job I'm likely to do first time round.
I'm not bothered about perfection as it will be my guinea pig, and I'm sure it will undergo another transformation at some point.
Suggestions? Experiences?

Send a private message to this user    
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: What colour for the hachi shitbox? first time painting Mon, 26 September 2005 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matt black, hot, and hides most imperfections. If your cars straight as... if its a pig it wont be for long... then go a gloss i guess. i did mine gloss black with a gold glitter, but if i could do it again i think id just go a full matt black, no glitter. Note glitter also helps to hide imperfections + the added bones of JDM drift spec factor, lol.
Dorio86
Regular

August 2005
Re: What colour for the hachi shitbox? first time painting Mon, 26 September 2005 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Let me guess, you wost to be a panel beater.

White hides allot of imperfections, how about white pearl with the bumper bars black.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: What colour for the hachi shitbox? first time painting Tue, 27 September 2005 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paint it camo style, but with Gay pride rainbow colours Razz Very Happy
cytribe
Regular

June 2003
Re: What colour for the hachi shitbox? first time painting Tue, 27 September 2005 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisellis: ...stop smoking that shit..
Rolling Eyes

Dorio86: Nope I don't want to be a panel beater, I want to be an Automotive Spraypainter. My last Hachi was white, I guess it would probably be the safest option.

cannonball: Sorry mate I wouldn't want it to take attention away from your own "Ass bandit" and its "pride" murals Very Happy

Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: What colour for the hachi shitbox? first time painting Tue, 27 September 2005 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go with Panda!

You will be better at drifting in a panda hachi!
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: What colour for the hachi shitbox? first time painting Tue, 27 September 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
monza red....its a really good bright strong red. its the color of my celica and its rad.

not sure how it will go on hiding imperfections though, good color if you live in sunny area's
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: What colour for the hachi shitbox? first time painting Tue, 27 September 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
black really shows imperfections. but i duno if thats 2pac or gloss or matte or all blacks, someone wanna confirm if thats right or wrong?...

but wat i was told is black will show up dings badly and then obviously will show up rock chips, scratches, and i reacon if its a dodgy job that will come through pretty hard.

i reacon a colour is always safe, blues, reds, darker greens n that. white hides most things i reacon.
if u wanna take the safest choice id say a white would hide most imperfections.

my mate did a black spray on his ute. and it came up really blodgy and was quite obvious. also showed the dings in the car.
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What colour for the hachi shitbox? first time painting Tue, 27 September 2005 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blackboard paint, then whenever you get bored, just go nuts with chalk...
cytribe
Regular

June 2003
Re: What colour for the hachi shitbox? first time painting Tue, 27 September 2005 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"Blackboard paint, then whenever you get bored, just go nuts with chalk... "

Orrrrr I could get hundreds of thick black texters and go nuts, then afterwards make cool graphics by etching some designs in with a car key! Rolling Eyes
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: What colour for the hachi shitbox? first time painting Tue, 27 September 2005 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get in your car drive do about 80kph up the street and as your going along have a bunch of mates throw chemical paint striper at the car....should make an interesting effect
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What colour for the hachi shitbox? first time painting Tue, 27 September 2005 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just paint the farken thing matte black with a paint roller. My old neighbour did it to his cordia, he painted it in less time than it took for me to wash and chamois my car!

Drive in drive out in under 2 hours, it was good from far and far from good Laughing

Matte black looks so ghetto, it would suit a sprinter perfectly Wink
cytribe
Regular

June 2003
Re: What colour for the hachi shitbox? first time painting Tue, 27 September 2005 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"get in your car drive do about 80kph up the street and as your going along have a bunch of mates throw chemical paint striper at the car...."

I'll just have to remember to keep the windows closed Razz

"Matte black looks so ghetto, it would suit a sprinter perfectly"

I think some kind of gold out of a spray can, tape on carbon fibre material for the bonnet, cut springs, 20' rims powder coated green, chrome window wipers, Type - R decals, Coffee can muffler, 2ft rear spoiler would be more 'ghetto' Wink
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: What colour for the hachi shitbox? first time painting Tue, 27 September 2005 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stripes....Everyone loves stripes.

Or mabey you could be different and do Spots????

Red ones, blue ones, green ones, whatever takes your fancy. Mabey you could even glue on some orange shag pile spots, for that textured feel Very Happy
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What colour for the hachi shitbox? first time painting Tue, 27 September 2005 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bugger painting it

Strip it to bare metal - get out the buffer , and autosol , and make it fully leet bare metal bling !

Delorean Style !!!!

EnFlaMEd
Regular

September 2003
Re: What colour for the hachi shitbox? first time painting Tue, 27 September 2005 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just get the beast dipped in chrome. You know you want to!!!!
Beserker99
Regular

January 2004
Re: What colour for the hachi shitbox? first time painting Tue, 27 September 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm always a fan of the "bleeding panda" colour scheme.

But if that's not your "cup of tea", try something like a dark blue, dark red or even a dark shade of grey. Just make sure it aint orange, there already seems to be like 4 orange AE86's cruising around Perth.
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: What colour for the hachi shitbox? first time painting Tue, 27 September 2005 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so many good ideas Shocked
i want to do it soo badly lol, im thinking paint wif a roller ahahahah, but how possible do u reacon black board paint would be? im sooo up for doing it lolol. bart simpson styles ahahha

im loving this thread ahahah
cytribe
Regular

June 2003
Re: What colour for the hachi shitbox? first time painting Tue, 27 September 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
beserker99: Yea I want it gunmetal grey or a dark colour but I fear my lack of experience would show up imperfections too well.
I musn't be paying attention, I hardly see any Hachis in Perth at all. But then I live in Thornlie.
spirokeet
Regular

July 2004
Re: What colour for the hachi shitbox? first time painting Tue, 27 September 2005 17:17 Go to previous message
Shitbox, like an outdoor toilet?
Do it in wood panelling then, with ceramic bumpers for a true toilet feel.
You could also install one of those cords to hang from the roof lining - when you pull it down the lights go on. Wink
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Where to get Convertible tops fixed?
Next Topic:tsk tsk tsk....
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 08:49:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057680606842041 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.