Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
s_mitch29
Regular

March 2004
ke30 4agze stuff Mon, 26 September 2005 08:51 Go to next message
hey guys ive got a ke30 with a 4agze and i have come across just a couple of problems going back to supercharged as it used to be turbo...

1. throttle body hits my brake master cylinder, is there a skinnier type master that can bolt upto a ke30 brake booster or should i get a new cylinder and booster?? and if so then what would be bolt up?

2. the huge cast iron bracket that holds the alternator is too low and my alternator hits the chassis. is there another kind of bracket people have used off a similar setup that works??

3. the water line for my turbo coming from the heater is now left unused...what is normally done with this pipe??

thanks guys hope yous can help me out

mitch
  Send a private message to this user    
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ke30 4agze stuff Tue, 27 September 2005 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will try and answer your Q's Very Happy

1. Is it hitting the master cylinder itself or the reservoir?? If it's the reservoir then you might need a setup like mine with remote mount reservoirs. If it is hitting the master cylinder then I might need to see a pic of the setup. My car was supercharged and is narrower across the engine bay than yours so it should fit. I won't recommend a different type of master cylinder though until I see what you already have.

2. No factory alternator bracket was acceptable on mine either, so mine runs a cutsom made one. Pretty easy to do, just make sure it is STRONG and properly aligned.

3. Assuming that you mean your old water line was just T'd into the heater line. Just block off or remove the T in the line so that your heater lines are returned to there original routing. If this is not right or unclear take a pic and advice will be more accurate.
s_mitch29
Regular

March 2004
Re: ke30 4agze stuff Tue, 27 September 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks heaps mate

1. it is hitting the actual master cylinder..to be exact it is hitting where the line feeds in and the plug is and the bleed valve. i will take a photo of it if it helps but it is the fat kind of master with the one big reservoir split for front and rear if hat makes sense haha

2. yeah i have a custom one made for my turbo setup but because the alternator sits on the front pulley on the crank with supercharged it doesnt work...perhaps i should just drill new holes in the bracket?? only problem is i will only have two bolts holding it to the block instead of four..

3. it seems as if the heater pipe has always been there and was just swiped for the turbo which would explain why my heater doesnt work...where abouts should i plumb this back to??

thanks again./
mitch
rollin_stock
Regular

February 2005
Re: ke30 4agze stuff Tue, 27 September 2005 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
s_mitch29 wrote on Tue, 27 September 2005 18:07

only problem is i will only have two bolts holding it to the block instead of four..

I dont think that'd be a problem, definitely not for strength, most motors ive seen have two bolts, unless 4age vibrate a bit?? Maybe loctite em too, or use two studs instead.
s_mitch29
Regular

March 2004
Re: ke30 4agze stuff Tue, 27 September 2005 20:44 Go to previous message
yeah i just didnt know if it would have movement because the bolts are vertical.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE92 Radio removal
Next Topic:*Deleted
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 09:52:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046751499176025 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.