Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Sentinal
Newcomer

June 2004
ke36 3k > 4AGE conversion Tue, 08 February 2005 04:14 Go to next message
gday all, i was in here a few months ago showing pics of my newly finished roadworthy car, and i said id be back with the final finished pictures of everything completed, well heres one orgasmic shot for you's Smile
http://img217.exs.cx/img217/9494/possiablemainshot210sq.th.jpg

anyway now the fun begins, because now the car has been restored to its rightful place in clasic toyota history, its now time to hot it up and give it some street credibility, in the form of a 4age ^_^

i will be keeping you all posted and such on matters as they come up and be keeping a very detailed photo library i will share at the end of it.

however for the moment i do have one question, does anyone have any rims or know of any decent cheapish (cheapish = <$1000) rims that would fit a ke30? or if you have any lying around not doing much Razz

thanks guys, hope to hear many replys, and i thank anyone in advance for any help i may need in the coming months on this project Smile

thanks again

sentinal

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

[Updated on: Tue, 08 February 2005 05:52]

Send a private message to this user    
z|gen
Regular

June 2004
Re: ke30 3k > 4AGE conversion Tue, 08 February 2005 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats a sexy looking ke36 you got yourself there, any other pics ?
good luck with your project.
Sentinal
Newcomer

June 2004
Re: ke36 3k > 4AGE conversion Tue, 08 February 2005 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img158.exs.cx/img158/9528/interior18of.th.jpg
http://img158.exs.cx/img158/8706/nisdiuf0106nb.th.jpg
http://img158.exs.cx/img158/8242/ohwhatafeeling39mn.th.jpg

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

[Updated on: Tue, 08 February 2005 06:50]

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: ke36 3k > 4AGE conversion Tue, 08 February 2005 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmm, nice...

how about 14" supra rims (ma60?) they are cheap, look half decent, and i think you'd probably fit them on.. they fit on KE70's..

Cya, Stewart
Sentinal
Newcomer

June 2004
Re: ke36 3k > 4AGE conversion Tue, 08 February 2005 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OH, and for those of you who never saw the car in the first thread, this is what it looked like when i got it in feburary of 2002...
http://img158.exs.cx/img158/9416/mvc015f9dx.th.jpg

and an additional note, for those of you who subscribe to "toyota drivers world" mag, my (cut down) story and a picture of the car is on page 33 (top right) in the spring/2004 edition ^_^

sentinal
z|gen
Regular

June 2004
Re: ke36 3k > 4AGE conversion Tue, 08 February 2005 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow..have you done the work yourself ?
3 years of hard work, good effort man, i would have given up long ago.

[Updated on: Tue, 08 February 2005 08:13]

Sentinal
Newcomer

June 2004
Re: ke36 3k > 4AGE conversion Tue, 08 February 2005 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea, me and my dad did all the work, we're very patient i think Razz but almost 1 year of that was respraying it, because i was in the middle of my VCE and didnt have much time to work on it, so it was only i nthe late months of the first year we actually buckled down and got it sanded, which was hard as hell, the old guy who orrigionally had it, thought hed be a mc.fucking genious and try and respray it using exterior house paint as the undercoat......applying it with a brush and roller.....took us nearly 3 months and over 50lts of paint thinners to get it off....NEVER again..... if i ever get another car like that im just gonna set fire to it......

we've restored now 2 toyotas, this one, which is mine, and my grandfathers 1972 hilux ute, im sorry but i cant induldge you with any model's, cus i dont know, all i know its got i think a celica 18r in it, from like a 9r, really old :S but that goes great and thats my grandfathers, and hes had it since brand new when he bought it he thinks for $4999 back in 1972 (but he hasnt got a good memory so i couldnt tell you what the actual price was Razz )

so yea, bit of work ahead, ill just bang out a list now of stuff i need, if anyone has anything for sale:

ECU + looms for 4age
pics of decent rims that would fit a ke36, that anyones interested in selling
T50 gearbox (theres 2 types viper niplex was telling me, one with 20 and one with 22 teeth i think he said,on the output shaft, anyone know which ill need? )
clutch master cylinder (hydraulic)
extractors to suit 4age

as for the engine, my dad has secured me a japan import 4age 50,000km on the clock and fully rebuilt, twin cam, injectors, only missing the ECU (and gearbox Razz ) for $850, i THINK thats a good deal :S lol.....

thx guys, OH and as for 3 years of hard work Smile it was actually 2 years, the car was registered and first driven legally on the 22 of may 2004. so 2 and a bit years of work Wink

catch guys

sentinal
blitzen
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: ke36 3k > 4AGE conversion Tue, 27 September 2005 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hows it
im doin the exact same converstion as u, red top 4age into my 1976 toyota corolla ke36
im usin a 22 spline t50 gearbox because they are stronger give it more punishment,

ps let me no what u go through 4 your conversion
NeoNasty
Regular

August 2002
Re: ke36 3k > 4AGE conversion Tue, 27 September 2005 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can help you with rims.

I have a set of those solid sorts. They looked hella cool on my Corolla. They are aliminium, not sure of the offet, but they came off a celica, and fit real nice on my corolla. 195's on the front, even with the outside of the guard, and the rears have 235's on them. hahah phat as. Im asking $100 for them.

I will try and get pics tonight for you.

I also have a 100Kw 4age for sale. I was going to this conversion on my own corolla but then I bought a celica instead so no more use for it.

If you want more info PM me.
NeDiC
Regular

March 2005
Re: ke36 3k > 4AGE conversion Wed, 28 September 2005 00:26 Go to previous message
thats one hot wagon, if u want some cheap rims that look good how bout some second b45 simmons, like the ones in my avaitor, u can get them 600-700 buck second hand with rubber.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Ta22 Piping and Wiring
Next Topic:EBC advice
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 20:27:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052800178527832 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.