Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » ZZE123R Recalls and ADR requirements relating to foglights/driving lights

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
myTA22
Regular

December 2002
ZZE123R Recalls and ADR requirements relating to foglights/driving lights Tue, 27 September 2005 14:08 Go to next message
Beside the ECU recall does anybody know of any recalls that have taken place on the ZZE123R Corolla Sportivo? I have a 2004 model and have had the ECU replaced as part of the initial recall...i've also had all the brake rotors replaced under warranty. I must admit that i have had hassles sometimes shifting gears especially when putting it in reverse. Everytime i mention it to the toyota dealer when they tried it "there was no problem" but sometimes it doesnt like going in to reverse and occassionally grinds. They just mentioned to push the clutch in further....i didnt know you could push it any further than the floor. I also find it tight sometiems gearing down. Also, has anybody had a 'grind' noise coming from the front right brakes? The reason they replaced them under warranty is because of 'premature wear' but i have noticed the grinding sound still occasionally. The dealer mentioned a while ago that it may be because of the 'new' high carbon brake pads...any thoughts?

Also, in relation to foglights, or more correctly driving lights, on the ZZE123R. I know it sounds stupid but does the setup on the Corolla Sportivo comply with ADRs? Shouldn't there be a warning light on the dash or something to let you know that they are on?
  Send a private message to this user    
TougeVitz
Regular

July 2005
Re: ZZE123R Recalls and ADR requirements relating to foglights/driving lights Tue, 27 September 2005 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i can only comment on the reverse selection...as for the other stuff... Rolling Eyes wouldnt have a clue...

i own an echo hatchback...5sp manual...and reverse is a bit of a bitch...
quick way to get it into gear everytime:
1- clutch in
2- drop it into 4th gear
3- back into neutral
4- into reverse gear
5- clutch out as nessecary

other than that, i have been told the gearboxes in the rollas arent the smoothest...just knock each gear thru, works for me.
mine isnt too great either..but 120,000kms later, and a life-long "bashing" is still going reasonably well.
also, synthetic gearbox oil helps a heap too Smile
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ZZE123R Recalls and ADR requirements relating to foglights/driving lights Wed, 28 September 2005 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think it's just how sports gearboxs are. I've never gotten in a sportscar where reverse was easy to get into. The Integra I currently own is a bit of a bitch to get into reverse.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ZZE123R Recalls and ADR requirements relating to foglights/driving lights Wed, 28 September 2005 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Wed, 28 September 2005 10:22

I think it's just how sports gearboxs are. I've never gotten in a sportscar where reverse was easy to get into. The Integra I currently own is a bit of a bitch to get into reverse.

Generally toyota's and majority of FWD cars are a bitch to get in reverse.
That being said the GT4 i test drove dropped in very easily and i was surprised.
supra1978
Regular

February 2003
Re: ZZE123R Recalls and ADR requirements relating to foglights/driving lights Wed, 28 September 2005 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Front fog lamps are ADR compliant without a tell-tale (or indicator light) on the IP. They comply with the relevant European regulation (an alternate standard in the ADR) under which a front fog lamp tell-tale is optional.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: ZZE123R Recalls and ADR requirements relating to foglights/driving lights Wed, 28 September 2005 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when going into reverse if its a bit difficult just take your foot off the clutch then back on and try again allways works the second time
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ZZE123R Recalls and ADR requirements relating to foglights/driving lights Wed, 28 September 2005 13:05 Go to previous message
4agte wrote on Wed, 28 September 2005 15:08

when going into reverse if its a bit difficult just take your foot off the clutch then back on and try again allways works the second time

Yeah that usualy works, but sometimes crunches.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Hail Damage?
Next Topic:1978 Celica GT
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 20:58:08 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0041658878326416 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.