Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Handeling! for an AE82 Corolla seca cs-x

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
S3PHRO
Newcomer

August 2005
Handeling! for an AE82 Corolla seca cs-x Tue, 27 September 2005 10:34 Go to next message
Hey guys, startin to spend some money on my ride, firstly would i see much of a handling difference if i bought mags? or should i just bling up the alloys that are on it? I'm thinken for handeling wise for a start i'm getting lower springs all round with stiffer struts, whiteline swaybars front and rear and a front strut brace.
Can you guys list anything besides coil overs that i might of missed?

Oh and the wheels are 13 or 14", i thought they were hubcaps at first but they aren't so i dunno if i should just get em sanded back and painted dark grey or sumtin or what.

Thx guy!
  Send a private message to this user    
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Handeling! for an AE82 Corolla seca cs-x Tue, 27 September 2005 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just put 17's on my csx with 205/40 R17, but i had 175/x R14 on them before, and it's made a huge difference obviously in handling. Then just spend some money on aftermarket shock and springs...

Something like king springs lows with kyb shocks will do very nicely, but there are plenty of combinations out there Very Happy
Hunty
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Handeling! for an AE82 Corolla seca cs-x Tue, 27 September 2005 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep u can actually make these cars handle quite respectably even without massive bling bling wheels Razz

stiffer shocks/springs wuld be the first go
then front strut brace preferably the factory twin cam one as those 1 are factory and two are actually a better brace as it connects to the firewall aswell.
then do the sway bars front and rear, whiteline do kits for the ae82, and dont forget you can make a big difference by changing all the bushings around the place like control arm bushings and sway bar bushings, get rid of the stock rubber crap and put in nolathane or similar stuff.
then think about making up a rear strut brace i made one up for mine, cost me about $50 in parts, mostly steel and welding rods Razz, and it makes a difference thats for sure u can really feel its more solid in the rear end.

as for wheels, yeh u culd go bigger but i reckon 15 or 16" is the biggest u'd want to go. personnaly i like the old skool look of the factory mags on these rollas and u shuld be able to squeeze 185/60/14's on there without to many hassles that might be the biggest u can get on there as i think they're a 5" rim. i managed to get 185 pirellis on mine Smile

then the final mod to make it worth while is to whack a nice blacktop 20v in the engine bay Smile

good luck

cheers
AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
Re: Handeling! for an AE82 Corolla seca cs-x Tue, 27 September 2005 23:08 Go to previous message
I found that a rear swaybar made the biggest noticeable difference in the handling of my AE82. Best $160ish bucks I ever spent on suspension, took me 15 mins to throw in myself and away you go. However, I did eventually go the full shocks, springs and front swaybar, but nothing made as much of an impact as the rear bar did.

Cheers
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:18 RG service manual
Next Topic:AE92 Radio removal
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 01:00:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0039489269256592 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.