Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » which 4age????

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ae86dave
Regular

May 2005
which 4age???? Sun, 25 September 2005 12:41 Go to next message
i was wondering if anyone could tell me what my 4age would be out of? or atleast what generation it is?it was a red top bigport thats fwd but i converted it to rwd.its also imported ive had it for bout a year.
http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/2644/4age0061ec.jpg
  Send a private message to this user    
Ken_T
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: which 4age???? Sun, 25 September 2005 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's out of an early model AE92 or a facelifted AW11.
ae86dave
Regular

May 2005
Re: which 4age???? Sun, 25 September 2005 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
facelifted?
Hunty
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: which 4age???? Tue, 27 September 2005 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
like series 2

but yeh its still got tvis so its the 86kw bigport 4age i think they were like 86-89 then the small ports starting comin out
spirokeet
Regular

July 2004
Re: which 4age???? Tue, 27 September 2005 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ken_T wrote on Sun, 25 September 2005 14:00

It's out of an early model AE92 or a facelifted AW11.

Pretty sure the bigport was never used in the AE92, this is most likely an AE82 motor - it was fwd, has t-vis.
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: which 4age???? Wed, 28 September 2005 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is actually a 4age version that uses the 7 rib bottom end with a bigport/tvis head. The bottom end lacks the oil squirters unlike the later smallport but it has all the larger bottom end stuff like 42mm journels and 20mm gudgeon pins. Just check for the 7 ribs under the intake manifold on the block.

The specs are somewhere on Bill Sherwood's site so you should be able to find them there. My cousin also has one of these engines in his sprinter.

Eddie.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: which 4age???? Wed, 28 September 2005 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
86kw bigport!
mick
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: which 4age???? Wed, 28 September 2005 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually 88kW bigport.

The blue top 1st gen bigport was 86kW
Red top 2nd gen bigport was 88kW

Kev.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: which 4age???? Wed, 28 September 2005 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Big T wrote on Wed, 28 September 2005 10:07

There is actually a 4age version that uses the 7 rib bottom end with a bigport/tvis head. The bottom end lacks the oil squirters unlike the later smallport but it has all the larger bottom end stuff like 42mm journels and 20mm gudgeon pins. Just check for the 7 ribs under the intake manifold on the block.

yep, and the tale tell sign is normaly the red and black writing on the inlet cam cover like the one pictured above.
same engine that was in the feral when i bought it (and all Oz delivered 87+ AW11's. it's what i am useing as my 4agte. Smile

Quote:

Pretty sure the bigport was never used in the AE92, this is most likely an AE82 motor - it was fwd, has t-vis.

the early AE92's where spose to have a bigport before they went smallport.
Don-AE86
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: which 4age???? Wed, 28 September 2005 16:11 Go to previous message
For most of the stuff u want to know go here: http://www.club4ag.com/faq%20and%20tech_pages/4A-G E_technical_specifications.htm

On a side note if you compare the Small port and the 7 rib you will find that the small port has larger internals along with the benefits of oil squiters where as the 7 rib is slightly less with a stronger block.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:is there ae82 big brake kits out there
Next Topic:painting extractors
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 03:41:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058579444885254 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.