Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
WHITCHY
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Corona 22RE engine rebuild book Thu, 15 September 2005 09:50 Go to next message
One of my mates forgot to keep his oil and coolant levels up and has cracked the head on his 22RE, and its been a bit munched inside, so just wondering if anyone has an engine manual for rebuilding a 22RE???
Or if no one has one, does anyone know where I can find one?
Thanks heaps!
-Whitchy-
  Send a private message to this user    
WHITCHY
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Corona 22RE engine rebuild book Sun, 18 September 2005 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bump....
Anyone?
o_man_ra23
Regular

June 2003
icon10.gif  Re: Corona 22RE engine rebuild book Sun, 18 September 2005 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try your local Autobarn, Repco or Supercheap auto store... If you cant find a corona one to suit, check out the hilux ones, or the RWD celica one... i think even hiace. just make sure of the motor selection that the book covers.

Cheers, Owen
michaelhaynes110
Regular

June 2005
Re: Corona 22RE engine rebuild book Mon, 19 September 2005 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The celica one covers it. Not sure how much detail you want though. Might want to have a browse through before you buy. Do library's have workshop manuals?
TE35
Regular

May 2003
Re: Corona 22RE engine rebuild book Tue, 27 September 2005 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Those motors are nasty. Most 22R powered coronas and celicas at wreckers are not in there due to accident damage... A friend of mine had one, blew it up, got it reconditioned, sold it to me, blew up again. 21Rs aren't any better. I've seen two of those blow as well. Dont go too hard on your mate re. oil and water.
1GG, 18RGEU, or a 3SGE would be good swaps. 1JZs will fit shoehorned. Or go jap spec and put a 4AG in it!
Its a shame about the motors cos Corona Avantes were pretty good cars.
o_man_ra23
Regular

June 2003
icon10.gif  Re: Corona 22RE engine rebuild book Tue, 27 September 2005 23:01 Go to previous message
22RE are a good motor if thier taken care of, and arent revved. because of the long stroke on them, they dont revv like a 1GG, 18RG(18RGU/GEU are puss in comparison), 4AG, 3SG or XJZG's. They were actually a light truck motor, and as such have fantastic pulling torque, so a high revving cam will be of less advantage to a torquey cam. They also enjoy longer gearing. But yeah, the heads on them are prone to cracking when overheated... then again so are most alloy heads.

Cheers, Owen
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WTD: AE82 twincam muffler
Next Topic:18rg elect dizzy bits
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 10:34:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0041220188140869 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.