Toymods » The Outhouse » can anyone make sense of this pic

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

can anyone make sense of this pic Tue, 20 September 2005 09:35 Go to next message
http://hotperthcars.net/Summoner/images/XXX-XX-XX%20-%20misc%20pics/random/set1%20(1).jpg
  Send a private message to this user    
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Tue, 20 September 2005 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man, old news.

2 Ferraris = owned by McLaren F1
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Tue, 20 September 2005 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
be good if i could see the pic!lmao
mick
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Tue, 20 September 2005 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh i have seen it before its awesome.
But pretty self explanitory.
I wouldn't want to line up against that beast. Even if i was in a ferrari
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Tue, 20 September 2005 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice pic! If only it was a video... Smiley =
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Tue, 20 September 2005 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
photoshoped...

the shadow on the F1 does not angle forward like the Ferrari on the right - both have a similar shape on the corner, but shadows are different

the reflection in the mirrors on the F1 is much brighter

the horizontal lines on the F1 have much more detail than the two ferraris and has less JPEG artifacts

no reflection of the trees (at right of picture) in the back window of the F1

no glare spot on the back horizontal panel of the F1 (compared to the ferrari on the right)
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Tue, 20 September 2005 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thechuckster wrote on Tue, 20 September 2005 20:37

photoshoped...

the shadow on the F1 does not angle forward like the Ferrari on the right - both have a similar shape on the corner, but shadows are different

the horizontal lines on the F1 have much more detail than the two ferraris and has less JPEG artifacts

no glare spot on the back horizontal panel of the F1 (compared to the ferrari on the right)

ruin it for everyone why dont ya? Laughing
74ROLLA
Regular

July 2004
Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Tue, 20 September 2005 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So whos goin to be the first to photoshop their ride in this pic! Razz
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Tue, 20 September 2005 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/1610/sfddfdsf7ic.jpg

I don't have a rear shot of my car. Embarassed
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Tue, 20 September 2005 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HAHAHAHAA!!!!
thats gold!
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Tue, 20 September 2005 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fixed

http://www.materials.unsw.edu.au/~sford/ferrari-corona.jpg
eroticar
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Tue, 20 September 2005 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mynameisrodney wrote on Tue, 20 September 2005 22:21

HAHAHAHAA!!!!
thats gold!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Surprised
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Tue, 20 September 2005 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah, i didnt realise what the car in the middle was
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Tue, 20 September 2005 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
/Insert wildsupra's Turbo mini in pic

yeah... Cool

Eldar.O.
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Tue, 20 September 2005 17:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Tue, 20 September 2005 20:26

fixed

is the back of that my corona? Very Happy
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Wed, 21 September 2005 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Tue, 20 September 2005 22:26

fixed

LMAOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!11111oneone
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Wed, 21 September 2005 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jackel wrote on Wed, 21 September 2005 03:20

oldcorollas wrote on Tue, 20 September 2005 20:26

fixed

is the back of that my corona? Very Happy

man that picture is doing the rounds, no fool its the back of my car yours is an inferior ST141 that doesn't have the good front headlights, and do you have an SR spoiler. Wink
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Wed, 21 September 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THAT IS GOLD MAN
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Wed, 21 September 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The thing that concerns me is how narrow the McLaren F1 looks very different to most supercar ie long wide even the fazza's are a fair chunck wider. I know they are big lanes but still.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Wed, 21 September 2005 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 21 September 2005 15:38

The thing that concerns me is how narrow the McLaren F1 looks very different to most supercar ie long wide even the fazza's are a fair chunck wider. I know they are big lanes but still.

i think the original chop just got the perspective on the F1 a bit wrong.. it should be a bit wider, btu then it would look taller...

i'm guessing whoever did it didn't have an F1 in the driveway to take multiple shots Razz

didn't this pic originally have a different car in the middle??
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Wed, 21 September 2005 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There There There There are are are are many many many many copies copies copies copies of of of of this this this this thread thread thread thread....

Just Just Just thought thought thought I I I would would would state state state the the the obvious obvious obvious...
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Wed, 21 September 2005 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is what a non-chopped mclaren f1 looks like (NB: LM edition pictured, which is even lighter and more nuts fast)

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/draven/mclarenf1-lm.jpg
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Wed, 21 September 2005 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://speedycars.chinacars.com/wallpaper2/mclaren/McLaren%20F1%201997%20-%20010.jpg
theres a rear pic
http://www.fast-autos.net/mclaren/f1lm13.jpg
and the GTR version sweet
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Wed, 21 September 2005 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I dont think u should worry about the McLaren F1's design im sure they had it under control.... its only a million dollar car.... Rolling Eyes
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Wed, 21 September 2005 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WantaTurbo wrote on Wed, 21 September 2005 17:01

I dont think u should worry about the McLaren F1's design im sure they had it under control.... its only a million dollar car.... Rolling Eyes

No shit but try like 3 million it just appears very narrow for the type of car it is thats all. But since it has been said it was a chop that expalins it.
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Wed, 21 September 2005 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't see why everyone thinks its a chop. The shadow and stuff looks right to me. Maybe you should all have a closer look.

As for other pics. Laughing
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Wed, 21 September 2005 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Plus I think this guy is owned more

He should have got away, unless he ran out of petrol

http://hotperthcars.net/Summoner/images/XXX-XX-XX%20-%20misc%20pics/random/set1%20(2).jpg
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Wed, 21 September 2005 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lol that has always been my dream to drive an F1 car on the road. Razz
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Wed, 21 September 2005 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It'd be "interesting" to be tailgated by a 4WD... Shocked
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Wed, 21 September 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Wed, 21 September 2005 17:25

It'd be "interesting" to be tailgated by a 4WD... Shocked

sif anyone would get close enough (until you run out of fuel) And its not like you have rear vision to tell anyway Razz
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Wed, 21 September 2005 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But if you speed, you might be pulled over by the cops! Shocked
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Wed, 21 September 2005 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Wed, 21 September 2005 17:29

Lol lets see driving an unregistered, uninsured carm may as well go all out, neg driving, speeding etc.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Wed, 21 September 2005 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

photoshoped...

And I suppose the moon landing was a fake too. Rolling Eyes
This looks real to me. All the points mentioned don't... actualy make much sense.

LOL @ F1 car getting pulled over by the coppers.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Wed, 21 September 2005 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Wed, 21 September 2005 17:49

photoshoped...

This looks real to me. All the points mentioned don't... actualy make much sense.

LOL @ F1 car getting pulled over by the coppers.

so why did they blot out the F1's plate sand not either of the ferraris?

and isn't that an indycar??
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Wed, 21 September 2005 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think it is but i can't remember benneton having a n indi team thats all.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Wed, 21 September 2005 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I was thinking indycar, but figured everyone would know what I meant.

And I dunno, perhaps the guy who took the shot was friends with the F1 driver.
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Wed, 21 September 2005 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A couple of things I've noticed... In the first pic, there is also a porsche cayenne... That picture holds many assets!! Also, the photo with the two F1's in it is copyright...

Anyway, LMAO at the mini chop Laughing
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Wed, 21 September 2005 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

photoshoped...

... they dont make sense to you because i've been involved in the publishing industry and using publishing software (like photoshop) since '92 ... and you haven't.

Razz
customSA63
Regular

February 2005
    NA
Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Thu, 22 September 2005 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
um the pic of the yellow mclaren F1 is called a F1 LM not a GTR.
also the MClaren is alot narrower as it only has 1 seat in the front that is in the middle offset a little.
Thats why its narrower as in the mid 90's they used to advertise the standard model on TV by having some newlyweds sit in the front seat leaving there wedding (it looks like a widder version of a bucket seat) so it can fit 2 people sorta didnt look to comfy.
and the weird thing about mclaren F1's are is the designer hates the radio so standard they come with a CD player but with no FM tuner built in Confused WEEEEIRD!!!???!!!?!?!?.

PS: Benetton is not a team in a way its a brand of womens clothing (United colors of Benetton) that is a vailable in your local DAVID JONES and MYER lol Laughing .
they have sponsorship all over motorsport.
they even had majority sponsorship on a Euro Toring car back in the mid 90's
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Thu, 22 September 2005 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually the Mclaren is a 3 seater, one centre and two slightly behind that Wink I know benneton is a brand of clothes but they used to run an F1 team as well Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 22 September 2005 11:00]

customSA63
Regular

February 2005
    NA
Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Thu, 22 September 2005 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know it brought out a team for about 15 years then jag brought it and now red bull own it.
and yeah the mclaren has 2 seats in the back but they are small as shit lol Laughing .

cheers
matt
Smile
Turdinator
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Sat, 24 September 2005 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

photoshoped...

I don't reckon its chopped:
1. Check the angle of the side mirror shadows on the ground of the F1 and 360. They are on the same angle.
2. The mirrors on the F1 are reflecting the reflection off its windows. The 360 and 355 have their windows open.
3. Pic size has been reduced creating this distortion. I have a larger version of this pic (1672x1017) the JPEG artifacts aren't there. PM your e-mail and I'll send a copy.
4. The tree aren't tall enough to be reflected in the F1s rear window. They're only just reflected in the 360.
5. Look below the righthand side mirror on the F1. There is a glare spot.

P.S Go the Mini!!!
47fwkw
Its a BEAST!!!
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Sat, 24 September 2005 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Turdinator wrote on Sat, 24 September 2005 10:42

P.S Go the Mini!!!
47fwkw
Its a BEAST!!!

Yes it is. Cool

Hang on... were you being sarcastic? Mad

[Updated on: Sat, 24 September 2005 01:22]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Mon, 26 September 2005 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 21 September 2005 17:01

Lol lets see driving an unregistered, uninsured carm may as well go all out, neg driving, speeding etc.

pfft

id chuck a trader on the back and then cut laps bouncing off the 17,000rpm rev limiter Laughing

"sorry officer did you say noise pollution"

Laughing
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Tue, 27 September 2005 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 21 September 2005 17:31

how good is that seen in that sylvester stallone(correct spelling anyone?) f1 movie. cant remember wat its called but... anyone?
i loved when they got the cars onto the road. was sooo sic.

then there was a really poor f1 on the road scene in charlies angles, but still would be fun to film Razz
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Tue, 27 September 2005 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokey228 wrote on Tue, 27 September 2005 22:55

how good is that seen in that sylvester stallone(correct spelling anyone?) f1 movie. cant remember wat its called but... anyone?

LOL, no speeling hear Razz
scene, can't, what, sick.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Tue, 27 September 2005 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im pretty sure the picture is very old, from an old thread on here from a big supercar cruise in the us.

spot the porsche cayenne on the left? Very Happy
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Tue, 27 September 2005 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Tue, 27 September 2005 23:09

Smokey228 wrote on Tue, 27 September 2005 22:55

LOL, no speeling hear Razz
scene, can't, what, sick.

ahahha, bastard Razz i was talking bout rockys name okay! ADRIAANNNNNN

the only word i missed that wasnt deliberate was scene* my bad okay! give me a break, its passed my bedtime.

lol, are u trying to pay me out by making spelling mistakes or can i jump on them quickly and get my revenge?
just in case, spelling*, here* Razz
lol
spirokeet
Regular

July 2004
Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Tue, 27 September 2005 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
customSA63 wrote on Thu, 22 September 2005 12:04

i know it brought out a team for about 15 years then jag brought it and now red bull own it.

cheers
matt
Smile

I thought Benetton were bought out by Renault and that's why Flavio Briatore runs the Renault team now. AFAIK the Stewart team was bought by Jaguar then Red Bull.
The Benetton car in the pic seems to be the 1986 BMW B186 turbo, their first F1 car.
Very Happy
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Tue, 27 September 2005 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokey228 wrote on Wed, 28 September 2005 00:05

ahahha, bastard Razz i was talking bout rockys name okay! ADRIAANNNNNN

the only word i missed that wasnt deliberate was scene* my bad okay! give me a break, its passed my bedtime.

lol, are u trying to pay me out by making spelling mistakes or can i jump on them quickly and get my revenge?
just in case, spelling*, here* Razz
lol

LOL i know i know Wink just taking the piss Razz

no-one remembers that movie cos it was soooooooo crap Razz

(driven btw Razz )

just imagine if they hIt a 3 tonne SUV!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

[Updated on: Tue, 27 September 2005 18:18]

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Tue, 27 September 2005 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokey228 wrote on Wed, 28 September 2005 00:05

the only word i missed that wasnt deliberate was scene* my bad okay! give me a break, its past my bedtime.
lol

Laughing
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Tue, 27 September 2005 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mclaren F1 == the only english car ill ever buy
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Tue, 27 September 2005 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What about the TVRs? Even though it's owned by a Russian now...

Aston Martin?

I heard the Elise was designed by an Englishman...

Oh, and you smell like p00. Nod
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: can anyone make sense of this pic Wed, 28 September 2005 00:58 Go to previous message
thechuckster wrote on Thu, 22 September 2005 00:22

photoshoped...

... they dont make sense to you because i've been involved in the publishing industry and using publishing software (like photoshop) since '92 ... and you haven't.

Razz

No, but I have been a graphic designer, and done photo manipulation myself since 2000. A lot of the things you point to as proof happen often in normal photos. You should know that. It makes it a little sus, but doesn't confirm chop status.

Also, the McLaren F1 came with 3 seats (atleast, the later models). One up in the center, and one on either side, and set back a little.

Have a look:

http://www.fast-cars.ch/images/McLaren/McLaren_F1_details_interior_1_t.jpg
And if you can be bothered, look about half way down this page:
http://www.angelfire.com/biz5/extremesupercars/car s/mclaren/mclarenf1.html
has a good front on shot of the 3 seats.
And yeah, I hear the designer hates radios.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Public Service Announcement. (Work Safe)
Next Topic:creating an email account
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:50:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.007943868637085 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.