Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
pkt-rkt
Regular

March 2005
    vz
4agzer starter motor Wed, 28 September 2005 12:54 Go to next message
Is the 4age series the same as the 4agze series ? i think i got a shizen starter motor as my car wont even turn over when i turn the ignition.

How much am i looking at paying ? also anyone got one for sale
  Send a private message to this user    
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4agzer starter motor Wed, 28 September 2005 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 4age starter (mounted on the exhaust side) is different to the inlet side mounted 4agze.

chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: 4agzer starter motor Wed, 28 September 2005 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
interesting this is;

my gze has the starter on the exhaust side, and it is currently running a 4ac starter motor Razz got it for free, but fits perfect and works a treat.
You should be able to pick one up cheap enough, dont pay over $40 for a 4ac/4ag one, but yeah, what side is your starter on?
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4agzer starter motor Wed, 28 September 2005 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha... ok, maybe i should of said if depending on what gearbox you have, and the position of the starter motor it may be different.
if you have a E51/58 (original gze transaxle's as far as i know) with the starter on the inlet side of the engine, will be different to that of a exhaust mounted starter (C50/52 ect).

Smile
pkt-rkt
Regular

March 2005
    vz
Re: 4agzer starter motor Thu, 29 September 2005 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yo mines not on the exhuast manifold side of the motor its on the side next to the t/b , is my gear box lsd or something ?
also which starter will bolt up on that side 100kw one ? i am getting different info from everyone, got me confused . which one will work on my 4agze afm / ems running ecu i needa buy one
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4agzer starter motor Thu, 29 September 2005 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what car do you own?
i havnt had any experience with later smallport 4age gearboxes, so do not know what side the starter motor hump is on.
if you cant find one from a e51 (rwd aw11 4agze) or a e58 (fwd rolla/(levin?) 4agze) then it is possible that a later 4age gearbox starter (if it is mounted on the inlet side of the engine) will bolt straight up.
lsd or non-lsd will make no difference to what starter you need.
pkt-rkt
Regular

March 2005
    vz
Re: 4agzer starter motor Fri, 30 September 2005 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i own a ae82 with a afm 4agze in it converted to ems stinger , so there is no afm anymore, all i need to know is if the 4age starters will bolt up to my 4agze box, it seems its not lsd as i jacked one wheel up off the ground and tried to spin it ,and it spun. If it was lsd right it wouldnt spin since other wheel is on ground.

also why do toyota manufacture a engine that is hard to get to the starter motor?
no room , cant see it without really looking
cant, cant get tools in there, f$#king ridiculous japs
pkt-rkt
Regular

March 2005
    vz
Re: 4agzer starter motor Fri, 30 September 2005 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got no idea what model my gearbox is i think it is just standard one that comes with the aw11
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4agzer starter motor Sat, 01 October 2005 03:10 Go to previous message
yes afik you can bolt any of the 4ag and 4ac starter motors onto any of the 4a gearboxes
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ke25 coilovers
Next Topic:how the fudge do I get this bitch strut off??? (pics included)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 10 07:05:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051748752593994 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.