Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1GGTE Generations, I searched and now I'm confused.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
jonnyincognito
Occasional Poster

September 2005
1GGTE Generations, I searched and now I'm confused. Tue, 27 September 2005 14:16 Go to next message
Greetings all,

I've searched the site liberally today, and there's a lot of confusing information. I'm interested in a 1GGTE that's for sale, but the injectors are yellow while the ECU has grey connectors and a pinout of 26-16-22. Information here available has been conflicting at times, and the engine I'm looking at conflicts with that information.

According to the Toymods Tech Section:
Version 1: Yellow ECU plugs and Yellow injectors.
version 2: Yellow ECU plugs and pale Green injectors.
Version 3: Grey ECU plugs and pale Green injectors.

Now, it would seem that the ECU is Gen3 and the injectors are Gen1??? I'm going to assume that the color on the injectors is just off, but can someone confirm that the pinout for the ECU is a Gen3? Or give me the part number for an auto trans Gen3 ECU?

Edit: I got the part number off the ECU, it's 89661-24210. This is an automatic transmission Gen 3 ECU correct? Can I just plug in an ECU for a manual transmission and swap in a W58 and be okay? Another thread said that the automatics have some type of ECU for the transmission in addition to the ECU for the engine that will retard the ignition for shifting...and all the time if it's missing. Is this true?

Thanks all,
Joshua

[Updated on: Tue, 27 September 2005 22:45]

Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE Generations, I searched and now I'm confused. Tue, 27 September 2005 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That sounds like the correct number of pins for a Gen3 ECU. Don't bother about trying to find a manual ECU, the auto one will work fine.
jonnyincognito
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: 1GGTE Generations, I searched and now I'm confused. Wed, 28 September 2005 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm, is it true that the T series engines have the same bellhousing bolt pattern as the G series? Just found that on the toymods.net site Surprised That would make fitting a manual a lot easier for me!

Joshua
HELBND
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: 1GGTE Generations, I searched and now I'm confused. Wed, 28 September 2005 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just a quick question about the injectors... my ga70 has the yellow injectors, but i have a spare 1ggteu motor with green injectors. Is there any benefit to swapping the green injectors over?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE Generations, I searched and now I'm confused. Wed, 28 September 2005 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HELBND wrote on Thu, 29 September 2005 06:53

just a quick question about the injectors... my ga70 has the yellow injectors, but i have a spare 1ggteu motor with green injectors. Is there any benefit to swapping the green injectors over?

Not unless you have an aftermarket ECU, because while they are bigger, the ECU isn't tuned for them.
HELBND
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: 1GGTE Generations, I searched and now I'm confused. Wed, 28 September 2005 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah ok cheers. so itd be better to just wait until i get an aftermarket computer, and just get some bigger ones anyway
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1GGTE Generations, I searched and now I'm confused. Thu, 29 September 2005 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yellow = 295cc, Green = 315cc

So there is 3/5th's of bugger all difference in the two.
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: 1GGTE Generations, I searched and now I'm confused. Thu, 29 September 2005 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jonnyincognito wrote on Thu, 29 September 2005 01:43

Hmm, is it true that the T series engines have the same bellhousing bolt pattern as the G series? Just found that on the toymods.net site Surprised That would make fitting a manual a lot easier for me!

Joshua

i wouldnt be using a T50 behind a 1ggte Laughing

it would be like using toothpick for a tailshaft Razz

unless of course you can get a T -->w55/8 bellhousing
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1GGTE Generations, I searched and now I'm confused. Thu, 29 September 2005 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He means that T->W5x and G->W5x bellhousings are identical.
jonnyincognito
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: 1GGTE Generations, I searched and now I'm confused. Thu, 29 September 2005 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Thu, 29 September 2005 23:29

He means that T->W5x and G->W5x bellhousings are identical.

Yes, this is what I was getting at. It will make finding a bell housing if needed easier. Not by much, but easier. At least there are 3T's that were available here that had this setup.

Joshua
jonnyincognito
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: 1GGTE Generations, I searched and now I'm confused. Mon, 17 October 2005 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay, I'm confused again. Is there a difference between a 1GGTE and a 1GGTEU engine, or are they exactly the same? If there are differences, can someone tell me what they are?

Joshua
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1GGTE Generations, I searched and now I'm confused. Tue, 18 October 2005 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
U basically means emmissions Japan.

jonnyincognito
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: 1GGTE Generations, I searched and now I'm confused. Tue, 18 October 2005 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What are the physical differences in these Japanese emmissions, and shouldn't all 1GGTE's that are JDM imports then be GTEU's?

Joshua
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1GGTE Generations, I searched and now I'm confused. Tue, 18 October 2005 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All 1GGTE's are JDM, but the U was dropped after a certain year.
jonnyincognito
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: 1GGTE Generations, I searched and now I'm confused. Tue, 18 October 2005 02:25 Go to previous message
Would that mean that any engine that was classed as a 1GGTEU would probably be a earlier generation? Like a 2nd gen? I want to make sure I get a 3rd gen too Smile Thanks for the help by the way, hard to find anywhere else!

Joshua
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:what to look out for when installing a intercooler?
Next Topic:1g-gte & 1g-gteu
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 10:43:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044190883636475 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.