Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
icon5.gif  Air flow meter - 1ggte Thu, 31 July 2003 06:11 Go to next message
Ok I've done a search on the forums to see if anyone else has asked this question or indeed any information exists... but I've come up empty...

I'm trying to find out if any knows of a substitute Toyota air flow meter I can use on my 1g, as it didn't come with one.

I've currently got an SV21 camry afm hooked up but unsure if that will suffice as it is a 2.2 litre engine...

Any advive will be extremely helpful...

The engine is all in and kicks over, just doesn't keep running. Thought it may be the afm.

Cheers Kirk
  Send a private message to this user    
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Air flow meter - 1ggte Thu, 31 July 2003 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

check any vacumm lines for leaks and also see how the fuel pump is wired if it is not standars. mine was hooked up to the ecu and it only worked aove 4000rpm
Grant
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Air flow meter - 1ggte Thu, 31 July 2003 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A 7MGE AFM is the same. Try that otherwise check your wiring.

[Updated on: Thu, 31 July 2003 06:22]

KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Air flow meter - 1ggte Thu, 31 July 2003 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok... we've got spark... we've got fuel... the engine actually runs... no air leaks... went through and checked every hose clip I could find... still doesn't want to keep running.

Could it be the AFM or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Will keep fiddling... so close... can't wait to get her going Surprised

Damn thanks your reply Grant just saw... now trying to chase up a 7mge afm.

Cheers Kirk
roger
Regular

June 2002
Re: Air flow meter - 1ggte Thu, 31 July 2003 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If 7MGE is the same I don't think the 22re will suffice. If any one could tell me the voltage ranges I can give you an indication, but the calbration of the resistors (the voltage response curve) would most likely be up the shit also. Get a 7MGE if the are the same.
jonnyincognito
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: Air flow meter - 1ggte Wed, 28 September 2005 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's not a relay problem is it? I know on the 7M's (When I was looking into that conversion for my Celica) that you have to bypass a relay setup because there's some type of reversal in the wiring when swapping engines. This was either the fuel relay or ignition, I can't remember which. Point is, when the engine finally started with the key in the 'start' position, once you put it back to the 'on' position the engine would cut out. Is that what's happening with your 1G?

Joshua

[Updated on: Wed, 28 September 2005 15:53]

KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Air flow meter - 1ggte Wed, 28 September 2005 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks jonnyincognito,
but the car has been running well for over 2 years now. If I recall it was actually a dodgey ignitor / coil pack.

Cheers,
Kirk
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Air flow meter - 1ggte Thu, 29 September 2005 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SO WHAT U RAN THE 1G WITH A CAMRY AFM

TELL ME MORE BUDDY THERES A FEW OTHERS LOOKING FOR ALTERNATIVES
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Air flow meter - 1ggte Thu, 29 September 2005 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nope... got a stock 1GGTE AFM.

Your best to get rid of the damned AFM anyway... I will be fitting one of these in a few weeks.

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=82027&start=0&rid=2590&S=15ccd755a0b b09ab88d5d0167ebeb924

for under a grand, it's not a bad option.

Cheers,
Kirk

Oh and it lets you eliminate the AFM, will be interesting to see how it does this.

[Updated on: Thu, 29 September 2005 01:38]

indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Air flow meter - 1ggte Thu, 29 September 2005 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DAMN GOOD STUFF MATE
what about the tunin of this device prob cost an arm and a leg i assume
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Air flow meter - 1ggte Thu, 29 September 2005 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alot of places can tune the emanage as it is... This just has alot more options. I'll find someone to tune it once it's in. It has base maps to start with by the looks of things and by reading this...

Quote:

An Airflow Output Map option even allows for airflow meter elimination. And when used with a wideband A/F Meter, the Air Fuel Target Map can self-tune an Injector base tuning Map, to speed up initial tuning.

from http://greddy.com/prod_e_manage_ult.htm it has some self learning abilities.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Air flow meter - 1ggte Thu, 29 September 2005 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah heard of that but they cost like 500-600 dollars to do , cant afford it lolllll

im going safc cause im not after high power and icheaoer to tune lus most of the tuning places know to tune them
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Air flow meter - 1ggte Thu, 29 September 2005 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Thu, 29 September 2005 10:27

im going safc cause im not after high power and icheaoer to tune lus most of the tuning places know to tune them
what the fuck did you just say? english motherfucker, do you speak it?
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Air flow meter - 1ggte Thu, 29 September 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Thu, 29 September 2005 13:16

indian wrote on Thu, 29 September 2005 10:27

what the fuck did you just say? english motherfucker, do you speak it?

CALM DOWN BUDDY NO NEED FOR HARSH LANGUAGE

I most certainly can speak English , just maybe cant type it lolll blame that on mre working and trying to surf toy mods at the same time
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Air flow meter - 1ggte Thu, 29 September 2005 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So did you wanna retype it legibly?
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Air flow meter - 1ggte Thu, 29 September 2005 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NOPE i think u guys know what i was tryign to say if u dont then maybe ignore it Smile
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Air flow meter - 1ggte Thu, 29 September 2005 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=ignore_li st&returnto=%2Findex.php%3Ft%3Dmsg%26th%3D1769 1%26start%3D0%26rid%3D35%26S%3Db961e83c50a4f1eb9ac d7640f685f9ef%23msg_777567&rid=35&S=b961e8 3c50a4f1eb9acd7640f685f9ef&add=4971

try that link cruzsida it translated it for me Smile
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Air flow meter - 1ggte Thu, 29 September 2005 08:52 Go to previous message
Haha, funny thing is, I found that link about 3 months ago.
Been using it ever since.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Modding a Camry
Next Topic:4AGE valve clearances
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 16:39:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054390430450439 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.