Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
icon5.gif  Quote for Exhaust and Intercooler Tue, 27 September 2005 07:03 Go to next message
Hello All,

I got a few quotes from my local exhaust places and the cheapest I could do was $800 for doing my intercooler if I supply the 2.5" bends and clamps (They supply the pipe).

Finally the exhaust I got quoted AUD$1000 including the down pipe with flexi hose if I supply the 3" muffler and cat and bends (they supply the pipe and no price change if they were going to crush bend the pipe).

Mind you all that was quoted in mild steel, if I wanted all done in stainless steel it would have cost me AUD$3,000+... Is that a bit rich or is that extortion?

Cheers.
  Send a private message to this user    
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Quote for Exhaust and Intercooler Tue, 27 September 2005 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds quite exy to me!

Makes me happy I'm taking the route that I did with my IC and exhaust (doing it myself).

Cheers
Wilbo
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Quote for Exhaust and Intercooler Tue, 27 September 2005 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
geezus...thats ridiculous. find somewhere else!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Quote for Exhaust and Intercooler Tue, 27 September 2005 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to give you an idea of how badly you're getting ripped, my intercooler piping cost me about $800. it was all in stainless, incuded 2 flexi-pipe bends, 2 flexi joiners, 1 flanged join, and intake piping in stainless.

so tell them to fark off Smile
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: Quote for Exhaust and Intercooler Tue, 27 September 2005 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah theyre rooted, i was quoted $900 for a full 3 inch turbo back exhaust, including down pipe, high flow cat and a cannon (Sad) x amount less if i didnt want a cannon and supplied my own muffler
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Quote for Exhaust and Intercooler Tue, 27 September 2005 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
depends on the cooler setup,cheap and nasty should be around the $300. when i do a good setup i charge around the $2800 for cooler and piping work,for average setup around $1600 for cooler and piping.anywere from $200-400 would be fair from a joe blow mechanic etc.
mick
laaag
Regular

June 2005
Re: Quote for Exhaust and Intercooler Tue, 27 September 2005 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
some stupid guy at my school payed $300 for a gay
cannon and getting it fitted.
some people will rip you off just because they can Embarassed
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Quote for Exhaust and Intercooler Wed, 28 September 2005 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just re-did my IC piping. $60 (which I thought was expensive) for all the bends and I had the straight sections already. A bit of time cutting and matchmarking the bends and you'll have yourself a nice piping setup in no time.

Then take it to a normal welder to weld it all up. Voila, all done for under $100. It took me about 3 evenings to mount the IC and do all the piping.

Hen
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Quote for Exhaust and Intercooler Wed, 28 September 2005 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henn wrote on Wed, 28 September 2005 11:01

I just re-did my IC piping. $60 (which I thought was expensive) for all the bends and I had the straight sections already. A bit of time cutting and matchmarking the bends and you'll have yourself a nice piping setup in no time.

Then take it to a normal welder to weld it all up. Voila, all done for under $100. It took me about 3 evenings to mount the IC and do all the piping.

Hen

PICSORBAN Very Happy .
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Quote for Exhaust and Intercooler Wed, 28 September 2005 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine costed about $100 also. Assorted straight bits of piping from the exhaust shop, assorted rubber bends from this rubber shop in the city.

All that plus a shitload of hoseclamps and lots of swearing, and you got yourself some intercooler piping.
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Quote for Exhaust and Intercooler Wed, 28 September 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THAT IS AN ABSOLUTE RIP OFF

dude, call daalder exhausts in box hill(9890 4444). they are on station st, walking dist from box hill central.
they will do it for heaps less, freindly guys too.

i was there on sat, and they where putting full(mufflers, cats, etc) chrome exhaust on some v10(mayb v12) jaguar. was quite a work of art.
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: Quote for Exhaust and Intercooler Wed, 28 September 2005 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it for your ZZT231?

Cause if it is, it would be an absolute bitch of a job to get the intercooler and all piping made up and fitted in the engine bay. Shocked

I would expect it to be much harder than just replacing the existing piping on a supra or GT4?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Quote for Exhaust and Intercooler Wed, 28 September 2005 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's for his ma61 (I think) Smile
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Quote for Exhaust and Intercooler Wed, 28 September 2005 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henn wrote on Wed, 28 September 2005 10:31

Hen

Hen did you use my old 1G IC?

does it go better?

BTW my intercooler piping cost me $175 all in 3" mandel bent mild steel Smile
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Quote for Exhaust and Intercooler Thu, 29 September 2005 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine cost about $350 in 3” mild steel and I did it myself. The killers were the 2 90deg 3” silicone bends. $120 each or something like that!

I would like to get it done professionally in the future as I don’t like the way the silicone joiners are at the moment.
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Quote for Exhaust and Intercooler Thu, 29 September 2005 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1J - Yes its the old 1G cooler. Modified so that both inlet and outlet are at the same end. Seems to work ok, only had it out to thrash once so far though. Twice as big as the old one so it has to be an improvement.

Chris - I reckon silicone bends are bad all round, I'd much prefer to have steel bends and small straight sections of silicone (or radiator hose) to join them. My piping is reasonably simple though, other setups may need them.

I could possibly get some pics of the pipework when I next have a free moment at home.

Hen
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Quote for Exhaust and Intercooler Thu, 29 September 2005 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I had no choice. Couldn’t get a steel bend that would be tight enough as the front of the engine where it connect at the throttle body is quite close to the radiator.

Oh well, in the future, nice custom plenum, bigger TB pointing further outwards and new cooler piping Very Happy
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Quote for Exhaust and Intercooler Thu, 29 September 2005 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henn wrote on Thu, 29 September 2005 09:06

1J - Yes its the old 1G cooler. Modified so that both inlet and outlet are at the same end. Seems to work ok, only had it out to thrash once so far though. Twice as big as the old one so it has to be an improvement.

Wouldn't a 7MGTE intercooler have been better? Similar construction, slightly bigger again, and outlets both at same end.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Quote for Exhaust and Intercooler Thu, 29 September 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Thu, 29 September 2005 11:59

Henn wrote on Thu, 29 September 2005 09:06

Wouldn't a 7MGTE intercooler have been better? Similar construction, slightly bigger again, and outlets both at same end.

Not all 7M coolers have outlets on the same side. Mine's got them on opposite sides. Smile
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Quote for Exhaust and Intercooler Thu, 29 September 2005 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yes, but I made do with what I could get at the time (then left it six months before installing it). And $80 was a bargain.

Hen
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Quote for Exhaust and Intercooler Thu, 29 September 2005 03:09 Go to previous message
Henn wrote on Thu, 29 September 2005 10:11

Yes, but I made do with what I could get at the time (then left it six months before installing it). And $80 was a bargain.

Hen

More than enough reason Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Sprinter review Motor magazine, "god" or "dog"?
Next Topic:Bumpers
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:08:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054731369018555 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.