Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Moulded Carpet for celica Wed, 12 February 2003 02:18 Go to next message
ive searched the forums and only found "Knox Moulded Car Carpet"

are there any other good car carpet businesses in NSW that will make moulded carpet for celicas (RA40)?
  Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Moulded Carpet for celica Wed, 12 February 2003 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does it have to be in NSW? I got mine sent up from Victoria recently. Seems pretty good, although I've been too slack to put it in so far. Smile
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Moulded Carpet for celica Wed, 12 February 2003 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where in Vic did you get it from Norbie? I want to replace the stuff in my XX.
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Moulded Carpet for celica Wed, 12 February 2003 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got mine from Underwood Qld ... all I have to warn you is that it will take you hours to do this.

I fit the moulded carpet into my AE86 couple of weekends ago and it took me about 5 hours at least and countless screw removals & carpet cutting.

At least it looks more presentable now but I wouldn't mind paying someone a carton of beer to do it for me next time. Rolling Eyes
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Moulded Carpet for celica Wed, 12 February 2003 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How hard it it to remove the carpet in an AE86 though?
I know its piss in an A6X if you know what needs to come out!
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Moulded Carpet for celica Wed, 12 February 2003 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
norbie could you sent me the details of where you got yours?

thanks
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Moulded Carpet for celica Wed, 12 February 2003 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got mine from Tru-Fit carpets:
http://www.tru-fitcarpets.com.au/

I paid by credit card and the goods arrived within a week. Nice and easy. Smile
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Moulded Carpet for celica Wed, 12 February 2003 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the quick reply norbie

is their carpet nice, i mean is it better than the scour pad boating carpet that people have tried to sell me?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Moulded Carpet for celica Wed, 12 February 2003 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What sort did you get Norbie? ie. plush pile etc.

Was the quality of them good? You've gotta let us know how well they fit as well, apparently Paul (aka SUPRAGTE) bought some, I think it was Knox, and they didn't fit perfectly.
roger
Regular

June 2002
Re: Moulded Carpet for celica Wed, 12 February 2003 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have had carpet from tru fit and knox, I would go tru fit again, last time I had knox it was supper plush pile looked good for the first two days or so untill the pile started falling out. After a month I had a patch about 100mm x 50 mm where the pile fall out. Tru fit I have installed many carpets ( 5 or so) and no problems but the were loop(easier to clean but doesn't look as good).

Roger
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Moulded Carpet for celica Wed, 12 February 2003 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got the cheapest carpet available (this is for the orange eyesore remember!) but it looks OK to me. Definitely better than what I had anyway! I'll let you all know if I have any hassles when I get around to installing it.
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Moulded Carpet for celica Wed, 12 February 2003 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's actually very easy to take it out. Very Happy

Only a matter of finding what screws are holding it down and then undoing the suckers. It took me 30 mins to get the carpet out.

It's the fitting that kills you as you have to poke a hole in the carpet for every screw (40+). You'll have strong arms by the end of the day. Confused
CamZH
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Moulded Carpet for celica Wed, 12 February 2003 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Witzl just got the Super Plush from Tru-Fit and his looks ok, but i dont think he is 100% with the fitment, altho to me it looked ok, I have ordered the Super Plush for my KE20 and Plush for Rala's RA28.
It wont take me long in the KE20 as its only got a drivers seat in it! Smile

CamZH
tafebum
Regular

December 2002
Re: Moulded Carpet for celica Wed, 12 February 2003 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone else delt with Knox carpets? I am about to order carpet for my sprinter from them, but i want to be sure they sell quality products first?
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Moulded Carpet for celica Wed, 12 February 2003 11:29 Go to previous message
i bought some carpet from knox it it realy quick no stuffing around at all

quality 7 outta 10 i got plush pile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:what puter for 7mgte?
Next Topic:4AG distributors
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 22:08:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050618648529053 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.