Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 89 toyota soarer.................................

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
icon8.gif  89 toyota soarer................................. Mon, 26 September 2005 05:28 Go to next message
Shocked
OK my cars turned to fuck!
Yesterday it wsa running fine. Drove it out of the gararge, wshed it then back in. THen this mornign went to start and now it just cranks but wont start. The battery is not flat.
The engine light has come on and i tried checking the diagnostics. The light just keeps flashing. Coudl someone clarify the right numbers to bridge by the way.

So anyway, RACV is on there way but i have no idea.

Any idea.

BYE
  Send a private message to this user    
NeoNasty
Regular

August 2002
Re: 89 toyota soarer................................. Mon, 26 September 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you wash the engine bay?

Get water in your elecs?.

check sparkies for spark?

Fuel pump working?

What did the RACV schmo say?
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: 89 toyota soarer................................. Mon, 26 September 2005 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah got spark. The RACV dude reckons the fuel pump. I just called Toyota in Heildberg and the wont check it out cause its an import.
Anyone recommend somewhere to take it to NE suburbs in Melbourne. I live in greensborough.

Sigh, this sucks.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 89 toyota soarer................................. Mon, 26 September 2005 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
water must have entered the afm or soke other electrical part just have the engine bay opened and leve it in the sun lol and make sure it doesnt rain while ur doing that

Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: 89 toyota soarer................................. Mon, 26 September 2005 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rob.

My advice: steer clear of Toyota, they don't want to know about anything unusual and will charge an arm and a leg.

All the things NeoNasty said are worth checking. Try testing everything to see what works and what doesn't. It should be easy to check the fuel pump too. Remove a fuel line after the fuel pressure reg and connect 12V to the pump, see if anything is coming through (careful not to blow yourself up doing this).

Or if you just want someone to fix it, Michael at the Shell Autoserv in Rosanna is not too far and a good, honest mechanic. He does all my drift tyres and while I am not sure how much he would know about your particular car, he wouldn't bullshit you.

Hen
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: 89 toyota soarer................................. Mon, 26 September 2005 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, i checked spark and its fine. Its not throwing out any codes just continously blinks. It cranks over but just doesnt start. We started smelling petrol comming out of the exhaust so it seems that there may be some pressure.
Couldnt work out how to remove the fuel line in the rear of the fuel rail.
Tried maxing the AFM to see if it would send petrol but still just doesnt start.

I just dont see how i parked last night and now it wont start.
Hmmmmmmmmmm ohwell.

I'll call some mechanics tommorow.

Thanks again guys.

Thanks Henn, i'll try Michael tomorrow.
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: 89 toyota soarer................................. Tue, 27 September 2005 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, just went looking for the fuel filter and i cant find it. Could someone tell me wehere it is, and also a part number. We think that someone has put a piece of pipe where a it is suposed to go.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
!
!
!!!!

!!!!!!!
!!
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 89 toyota soarer................................. Tue, 27 September 2005 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its under the boot in the rear
car has to be put on the hoist and looked from under its either in front of the boot well or after it in between the boot well and rear bumper cant remeber very well now ,

ITS DEF NOT IN THE ENGINE BAY SO DONT WASTE UR TIME

ALSO the part number i have nfi my mechanic just matched it up with a local beanded one and i havent had any problem

[Updated on: Tue, 27 September 2005 06:09]

1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 89 toyota soarer................................. Tue, 27 September 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fuel filter is under the Diff and a biatch to get to
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: 89 toyota soarer................................. Tue, 27 September 2005 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can get to it from underneath the car if it is jacked up enough. mine was behind the diff and just above the diff, if you know what I mean. But yes it is a bitch to get to. Just make sure you put something else under there including the jack so it doesn't fall on you. Smile
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: 89 toyota soarer................................. Tue, 27 September 2005 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm why can toyota make good cars, well not at the moment and engineer this shity placement for the fuel filter. we are removing it as i type and yes its a pain to get tooo. Why couldnt they have put it in the engine bay or down near the oil filter.
Sigh toyota shame on you.

Thanks guys. Hopefully this is going to fix my problem, if not its going to a mechaninc.

bye
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: 89 toyota soarer................................. Wed, 28 September 2005 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, my car is slightly better than fuck. Lets just say its turned to shit now. Ok i have changed the oil filter, new oil(mmmmmmmmm motul), checked the fuel pump, and put in a new fuel filter. By the way it took me a while to find out a new replacement for the soarer so to add to the toymods knowledge: Toyota = 23300-49155 and the ryco = Z352.

Also changed the spark plugs, can you say iridium mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Anyway, now the car starts but runs really badly and smokey! It runs like its always just about to stall and is reving really really low, like at around 400-500 sometimes. I'm thinking its the distributer or the coil or the leads or a mixture of both.

Anyway i'm going to call a mechanic tomorrow.
This isnt how i wanted to spend my week off uni doing!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: 89 toyota soarer................................. Thu, 29 September 2005 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, now my car has turned from shit to awsome. Only cost $60 and the mechanic came to me lol.
The throttle boddie was full of gunk and crap. He said that it was causing it to over fuel or go into limp home mode or something. Anyway, he just cleaned and it went back to being awsome.

Cheers
NeoNasty
Regular

August 2002
Re: 89 toyota soarer................................. Thu, 29 September 2005 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good to hear dude. Get yourself soem Carby cleaner from repco, its like $3.00. When it runs a bit shitty. pull it out. get access tot he throttle body, and spray the shit out of it. then get a cloth, and wipe as much as you can inside the butterflys.. spray some more..

Try and start your car, it will run shit for about 10 secs. then BAM! Runnin like OJ from the cops.
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: 89 toyota soarer................................. Fri, 30 September 2005 00:01 Go to previous message
NeoNasty wrote on Thu, 29 September 2005 14:02

Try and start your car, it will run shit for about 10 secs. then BAM! Runnin like OJ from the cops.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA
Laughing Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4AGZE WIRING DIAGRAM
Next Topic: 7mge computer pin outs.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 20 07:12:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054969787597656 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.