Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » fittin 3sge cams in a 3sgte?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
billmchenry
Regular

June 2005
fittin 3sge cams in a 3sgte? Thu, 29 September 2005 09:14 Go to next message
I was doing sum reading in high performance import or one of those mags and they said that na cams are more aggressive than turbo cams.

So i was wondering if any one has done this or even thought of doin this?

i hav a gen 1 3sgte and a gen 3 3sge.

Would it b possible and or beneficial?

thanks
ty
  Send a private message to this user    
Chrisso
Regular

August 2003
Re: fittin 3sge cams in a 3sgte? Thu, 29 September 2005 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't quote me on this one, but I'm sure that the gen 3 cams won't fit the gen 1. If my memory serves, swapping the gte cams out for the n/a cams was a suggested upgrade, as opposed to getting new cams, for the gen 1 because of it's lack of compatability with other generations.

I believe your gen 3 cams would fit in a gen 2 engine, but since you don't have a gen 2 3sgte...

I'm pretty sure you could pick up some gen 1 n/a cams for cheap if you wanted to give it a go. I'll probably do it for the ST165 later.

Chris.
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: fittin 3sge cams in a 3sgte? Thu, 29 September 2005 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is this for real..swapping out the turbo cams for the n/a cams in the first gen is an upgrade?....are we talking seat of the pants type extra power....or 1.5 hp on the dyno sorta power?...just asking as ive got cam shaft seals that will need replacing in the nearish future...if i gotta go that far i might aswell upgrade the cams if its not gonna cost me much to get em
Chrisso
Regular

August 2003
Re: fittin 3sge cams in a 3sgte? Thu, 29 September 2005 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had a look for the article/post that I read it in, but there are so many related references that it was pointless Sad . The easiest way to answer your question would be to work it out. Get the specifications for the gte cams and compare them to the n/a cams. I'm pretty sure that the duration on the exhaust cam (n/a) is longer, but again don't quote me on that. Rolling Eyes

Chris.
billmchenry
Regular

June 2005
Re: fittin 3sge cams in a 3sgte? Fri, 30 September 2005 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think the 3sgte cams were less agressive (an attempt to give it more torque).

I have a 3sge out of st162 ( is that gen 3?) and i got a halfcut from a st165( that a gen 1 3sgte hey?).

A loss of torque is possible, but a gain in power in the higher rpm hopefully!?
CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: fittin 3sge cams in a 3sgte? Fri, 30 September 2005 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gen 1 3sge is out of a st162 and 165. gen 3 came from a 94 onwards sw20 and st202 celica and the cams will not fit as gen 1 had very little base circle compared to the later models that did like 4mm
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: fittin 3sge cams in a 3sgte? Fri, 30 September 2005 11:13 Go to previous message
billmchenry wrote on Fri, 30 September 2005 20:43

A loss of torque is possible, but a gain in power in the higher rpm hopefully!?

hopefully in the next couple of months ill have an answer for yall on this one Smile....damn i hate being broke lol
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:blow off valve not working
Next Topic:4agze- BLUE SLIP / Engineers?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 13:18:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046231746673584 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.