Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » RED PANDA 162!!!! New Colour Scheme!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TRD-ST162''s Celica sx..... Dyno Run 86.8kw!!!!! Sat, 05 March 2005 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ST162GT-R wrote on Sat, 05 March 2005 09:28

only 144hp at the engine!!, thats only 9hp more then the stock figures, and yet your putting 86.8 kw at the wheels...woah thats unusual..

Yeah that was just a calculation i did from the 86.8kw, put roughly 20% loss on the drivetrain and i got about 108-110kw at the engine..

And then worked it out in hp to about 144-145, thing is... a stock celica worked out at the engine would be lucky to actually get the 103kw at the engine...

But bizzare enough 86.8kw is a fair bit, even though engine had a bit of a freshen up with new piston rings etc as displayed above, but its still very strange figure for a essentially stock celica apart from k&n filter and 2.25" exhaust...

Extractors should be fitted by the end of the week!!
YAY!!!
  Send a private message to this user    
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TRD-ST162's Celica sx..... Dyno Run 86.8kw!!!!! Mon, 07 March 2005 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
New pictures of painted rims, mudflaps and number plate surround..

http://img170.exs.cx/img170/7657/img13740ie.th.jpg

http://img213.exs.cx/img213/2442/img13807va.th.jpg

http://img213.exs.cx/img213/251/img13624tt.th.jpg

And no they aren't photoshopped but they look it....
They are REALLLL!!!

StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: TRD-ST162''s Celica sx..... Dyno Run 86.8kw!!!!! Mon, 07 March 2005 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn dude, do you have to copy everything i do?????I had the white on red first!!!!

They came up great man, look heaps good - better than mine. Wait till you take em on the dirt tho and give em a week of braking.They'll be dirty as and chipped.It sucks arse. Are they powder coated or did you spray em yourself?

Cheers dude
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: TRD-ST162''s Celica sx..... Dyno Run 86.8kw!!!!! Mon, 07 March 2005 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StuC - Here is a medal for thinking red and white was originally yours Very Happy

Adrian - Very nice work, finally the rims look, well, not so grey. Did you end up filling up the scratches with body filler? or just went straight for the paint??
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TRD-ST162''s Celica sx..... Dyno Run 86.8kw!!!!! Mon, 07 March 2005 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StuC wrote on Mon, 07 March 2005 22:38

Damn dude, do you have to copy everything i do?????I had the white on red first!!!!

They came up great man, look heaps good - better than mine. Wait till you take em on the dirt tho and give em a week of braking.They'll be dirty as and chipped.It sucks arse. Are they powder coated or did you spray em yourself?

Cheers dude

Hey there Stuc

I've really got a thing for the rally back in the 85-95 ish era so yeah the white rims were definitely a passionate choice, They looked a bit strange in silver, and personally look a lot better...

Yeah I sprayed em myself.. i very much doubt they will scratch or chip...

I had a mate helping with the process...
But basically i sanded them down completely, took the stickers off (which were actually quite a few layers down, there was a bunch of clearcoats)
Then after that i used an Etch primer which was used for 2 of the coats for each wheel..
After this i checked them for any imperfections and sanded them if needed..

After this i applied 2 coats the Sno White paint..

And yeah they are pretty strong paint i really doubt its going to chip, it will take one hell of a rock to chip em. Etch primer is strong and we made the surface clean and well sanded...

Viper..
Thanx again mate, i appreciate the comment.. Most of them we tried filling with a metal filler which was essentially a fiberglass material, but didn't stick to the rim at all..

The scratches were able to be sanded out but the gutter marks were just sanded, i couldn't fill them!!!

TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TRD-ST162''s Celica sx..... Dyno Run 86.8kw!!!!! Thu, 17 March 2005 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Recent info
hmmm Cv joint on the right seems to have gone unfortunately so I'll have to replace that...

Engine mount at the back is still to be fixed. I got some polyurthane to repair one that i got from a wrecker for $10, haven't seen the condition yet but he said it was still pretty ok, if its in ok condition i might not have to fill it..

Exhaust mounts had come off from the muffler so yeah basically i had to use coat hanger wire to keep the muffler from holdin up from the piping itself. DOH

Extractors soon to be on and yeah it should be back to normal!!
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: TRD-ST162''s Celica sx..... Dyno Run 86.8kw!!!!! Thu, 17 March 2005 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was the right cv joint the culprit in the last adventure of "wtf-is-that-noise-coming-from-me-wheel??
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TRD-ST162''s Celica sx..... Dyno Run 86.8kw!!!!! Thu, 17 March 2005 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ViPeR_NiPPleX wrote on Thu, 17 March 2005 20:33

was the right cv joint the culprit in the last adventure of "wtf-is-that-noise-coming-from-me-wheel??

U'd be correct
That was the left side though, now its the right.. doh doh doh

TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TRD-ST162''s Celica sx..... Dyno Run 86.8kw!!!!! Fri, 01 April 2005 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I recently installed a Steel mate alarm with a friend of mine, it took us forever but it finally got done..

We couldn't start my car for about 6 hours of workin on the problem..
All it took was a nudge to one of the wires. the immoboliser is still not workin as yet, but yeah i believe the wire that we nudged was the high tension wire for the distributor!!!

Next to come is cams and extractors!
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TRD-ST162's 1986 ST-162 SX he he!! Wed, 27 April 2005 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UPDATE 27th April
Extractors will be on by next week on Tuesday, i'm checking out about regrinding my current cams, does anyone know what sort of degrees i could go upto on the stock ecu? I was using the 4age as a similar pattern but they are 240 degrees standard and you can push them upto about 264 degrees, i was tryin to use the same example.

I got a new steering wheel as well from the wreckers for $20 which is a great price, its really comfortable!!!
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: TRD-ST162's 1986 ST-162 SX he he!! Wed, 27 April 2005 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You know you want a MegaSquirt ECU to solve all your tuning problems, don't you Very Happy
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: TRD-ST162's 1986 ST-162 SX he he!! Thu, 28 April 2005 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you're not the only person trying to convince him of that Very Happy
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: TRD-ST162's 1986 ST-162 SX he he!! Tue, 03 May 2005 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve has a point adrian... DOO ITTTTTT!
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: TRD-ST162's 1986 ST-162 SX he he!! Tue, 03 May 2005 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man its tuesday night, and you aint told us how the extractors go... hit me up with details fool, im dying to find out
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TRD-ST162's 1986 ST-162 SX he he!! Tue, 03 May 2005 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well finally they are on..

pics will be up either tommorrow or the day after, they go really great...

They are a factory jdm 3sge gen 1 item but boy do they add some decent response, it really picks up a lot better in pretty much all over rpm..

But especially higher rpm where it really shines.

I'm investing in some ideas to obtaining a powerchip for my celica, its tricky to find one thats for sure!!!
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TRD-ST162's 1986 ST-162 SX he he!! Wed, 25 May 2005 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
New Updates..
The extractors are going really great...

My recent purchase was the Gold 98 Powerchip... They installed it in about 1 hour.. the Cars response is quite amazing. Torque is definitely a lot more noticable.. Hills are just effortless with the added torque, torque went up from about 173nm to about 195nm.. Power went up from 103kw stock to about 117kw. Its a really easy car to drive. especially at 1/4 throttle.. Definitely pulls very nicely... Well worth the money!
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: TRD-ST162's 1986 ST-162 SX he he!! Thu, 26 May 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice work buddy, whats next for you?
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TRD-ST162's 1986 ST-162 SX he he!! Thu, 26 May 2005 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Really not sure..
Doubt there would be much else to be honest..
The cars going really great now..
Since puttin the extractors on the exhaust has smoothened out so i'm considering gettin the resonator removed and 2.25" piping in its place...

Its honestly quite a bit quieter. my car was louder with just the redback muffler and nothing else...
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TRD-ST162's 1986 ST-162 SX he he!! Wed, 01 June 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've replaced the muffler to a straight through muffler and a High flow cat..

My old one was still original from when the car came out of the factory, supposably you could only see through a few of the pins, hence it was quite restricting. It revs up a bit more freely..
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TRD-ST162's 1986 ST-162 SX he he!! Wed, 01 June 2005 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Next to come is a respray in VT SS sting red, thats the closest car that has the colour i'm after!!!

R-Lo
Regular

April 2004
icon14.gif  Re: TRD-ST162's 1986 ST-162 SX he he!! Fri, 03 June 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awesome work dude! And about the respray if ya find a good place and get a price I would be interested to know how much it would cost....
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TRD-ST162's 1986 ST-162 SX he he!! Sat, 04 June 2005 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It'll be done by myself Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
And a good friend of mine whos offered to give me a hand.

RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: TRD-ST162's 1986 ST-162 SX he he!! Sun, 05 June 2005 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You need to stick your car on a dyno to show us the improvement the Powerchip made dude!
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TRD-ST162's 1986 ST-162 SX he he!! Tue, 05 July 2005 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Found out one of the wires on the powerchip was actually off, Seeming how they control the ignition timing the wires necessary to start the car were on but the circuit to ADVANCE the ignition for the powerchip weren't functioning as it should..

I've got myself a new set of extractors (genies) as it was cheaper to buy these off a friend then to actually finish off the 2-1 to flex pipe...

TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TRD-ST162's 1986 ST-162 SX he he!! Sat, 16 July 2005 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I ordered some King Spring Lows..
They will soon be fitted as well as gettin a 4 wheel alignment!

YAY!
NeoNasty
Regular

August 2002
Re: TRD-ST162's 1986 ST-162 SX he he!! Tue, 19 July 2005 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SO what happened with the power chip? Get it sorted out? Running much better now?
atoyot
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: TRD-ST162's 1986 ST-162 SX he he!! Thu, 04 August 2005 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just curios mate,,with the powerchip, what was the orig kws, or how much did it gain after the power chip....i was thinking of doing it as well on my 1.3 starlet NA.....thanks
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TRD-ST162's 1986 ST-162 SX he he!! Sat, 06 August 2005 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They reckon engine figures go up from 103kw to 117kw, and torque from 173 to 193nm

They tested each car out on the dyno and got this result...

Pulling up hills is even easier, and yeah it really picks up a lot better. Fuel economy went up when driving casually by a decent amount and yeah had more power when u put ur foot down!!!

RavnuZ
Regular

February 2005
icon14.gif  Re: TRD-ST162's 1986 ST-162 SX he he!! Sat, 13 August 2005 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Definitely one of the best celica ive ever seen and a TOP bloke i must add!!! Keep up the good work Adrian buddy!!! and oh yea ... post up details of the latest dyno run soon!!!

Cheers!!!

Oz
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: TRD-ST162's 1986 ST-162 SX he he!! Sat, 13 August 2005 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yer top bloke.

Oh ... did I mention your car sounds horn Adrian? Razz
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TRD-ST162's 1986 ST-162 SX he he!! Sun, 14 August 2005 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahaha.. Thanks Thing with Toymods blokes are your all too nice hehe..

I'm soo glad it finally sounds good thanks, i spent ages swapping over mufflers/extractors and piping haha...

Little update, I'm currently experimenting with a SAFC (the very first version with Dials) and possibly something else new on the dyno...

So we will have a new dyno result by next monday, (and also one on the 10th of September hehe..

I'll get some new pics of the car as soon as i Polish it (tommorrow)
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TRD-ST162's 1986 ST-162 SX he he!! Wed, 24 August 2005 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UPDATE 24th August 2005:

I have obtained a SAFC Version 1 And a Super ITC computer to control the timing and the fuel mixtures

The car is now sitting on King Springs lows, (hated saying King Springs Standard height Firmer Rate) and sports a new coat to the front strut brace which is now white (and so are the cam covers)..
Got some brake pads off a mate for $10 (ferodo Excel) mine were beyond the brake indicators so it was a good idea hehe.. They are still wearing in but I think there is still some air in the system even after flushing it, forgot to do the rears as well..

Will post a new Dyno Result of the system when tuned...
Then will change a few things to see what it will put out on the dyno day.

TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Adrian's St-162 Celica SX! UPDATED MODIFICATIONS! Wed, 07 September 2005 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Expect some new Visual Mods to Occur on the car!!!

If anyone knows whats actually going on please don't spoil it till its done Smile

Hehehe

But keep watchin this space!
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Adrian's St-162 Celica SX! UPDATED MODIFICATIONS! Thu, 08 September 2005 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He's painting it baby pink, gluing flowers, rainbows and dykes to it and running it as a float sponsored by the queer hairdressers assosciation in the mardi grais later this year... sorry to spoil it for you guys! Razz

... no, not really. Razz Its gonna kick ass! Good luck finishing it before the weekend!
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Adrian's St-162 Celica SX! UPDATED MODIFICATIONS! Thu, 08 September 2005 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good luck dude with that...........mod

and don't forget-come around and show us it if i dont make it on the weekend

Catcha dude
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: Adrian's St-162 Celica SX! UPDATED MODIFICATIONS! Fri, 09 September 2005 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that is one clean st162 there...OMG so very very clean and perfect...i mean just her in a a/c room for the last 17year could only make her cleaner! top sutff

Nezza Cool
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Adrian's St-162 Celica SX! SSV ADDITION!!! New DYNO RESULT! Sat, 10 September 2005 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have 3 new additions to my car...

http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/8821/kit8tg.jpg

http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/4009/kit26kf.jpg

Powerchip is no longer on my car, I've nearly got the Super ITC done, the loom is correct, just need to put the plugs over the ecu wires and i'm done...

[Updated on: Sat, 10 September 2005 16:15]

Dooky
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: Adrian's St-162 Celica SX! SSV ADDITION!!! New DYNO RESULT! Wed, 14 September 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Adrian!
Im new to this forum and I came across it while looking for a front spoiler for my st162. It just so happens that you have the same spoiler I would like. Problem is I cant find where to get one from. Where did you get yours from? Or does anyone know where I could get one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S: I'll have to post some pics of my car up here soon.
pr*duct
Regular

April 2005
Re: Adrian's St-162 Celica SX! SSV ADDITION!!! New DYNO RESULT! Wed, 14 September 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ado,

I have that pink bit one mine aswell.
Its like primer pink under the front mudguards.
Weird its like they put the mudguards on in the factory then sprayed the lower sills!!

pr*duct
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Adrian's St-162 Celica SX! SSV ADDITION!!! New DYNO RESULT! Wed, 14 September 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its very weird yeah... I dunno why they go pink. Its under the clear coat as well..

My wheels are now for sale if anyones interested!
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: RED PANDA 162!!!! New Colour Scheme!!! Wed, 28 September 2005 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/3478/small4au.jpg
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/1630/img18898pl.jpg

UPDATE 29th September 2005:
New colour scheme is on for now,
Wheels will stay black but i'm still deciding about the black bonnet, I really like it at the moment, will decide before respray in about 2 weeks..
R-Lo
Regular

April 2004
Re: RED PANDA 162!!!! New Colour Scheme!!! Thu, 29 September 2005 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very nice, love the black bonnet! Keep it, and also do the roof and pillars around the windscreen black...DO IT!
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RED PANDA 162!!!! New Colour Scheme!!! Thu, 29 September 2005 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry dude but i have to say it Sad

it looked 100 times better with the all red body and white rims ..

It now looks like your going for the cheap boy racer look ..

Hopefully youll go back to all red when you pick up your new rims , Atm - it just doesnt look right at all

TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: RED PANDA 162!!!! New Colour Scheme!!! Thu, 29 September 2005 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just thought i might mention a few things..

Wheels are black at the moment as White is way too hard to keep clean, and I was actually going to change rims but decided to keep the ones i have on.. I prefer Black...

The bonnet is MATT BLACK as i'm trialing it till the respray..
Then i will decide what will happen with the wheels and the bonnet...

If i did keep the bonnet it will be in a GLOSS BLACK (from a gun) so it will look a lot better than it does right now..

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: RED PANDA 162!!!! New Colour Scheme!!! Thu, 29 September 2005 17:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im a fan of the black bonet, but then again i own a bright yellow aw11 and a white/red KE70 so what would i know Laughing NOt really a fan of the black rims though.
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: RED PANDA 162!!!! New Colour Scheme!!! Thu, 29 September 2005 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks friggen awesome dude
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: RED PANDA 162!!!! New Colour Scheme!!! Fri, 30 September 2005 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been a bit all over the place in terms of opinions on the car,

I am easily influenced by peoples opinions to go certain ways and i've got into a bit of a situation...

Firstly i'm considering as one option to leave the car as is..

Secondly i'm considering doing the wheels white again, and possibly leaving the bonnet (But it will be in Gloss black from a gun)

The Third option is to bring the car back to White wheels and red bonnet.

ae80
Regular

August 2004
Re: RED PANDA 162!!!! New Colour Scheme!!! Sat, 01 October 2005 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Love it man!!!
Keep it Keep it!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
CLEEKA
Regular

April 2005
Re: RED PANDA 162!!!! New Colour Scheme!!! Sun, 02 October 2005 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if u painted roof, pillars black and dark tint, maybe

i htink it looks ssweet but i do like ur other white rims/all red better, keeps the smoother celics lines happening
da_horse
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: RED PANDA 162!!!! New Colour Scheme!!! Sun, 02 October 2005 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm gonna go out on a limb here and ask how the car is even "Panda"

the only black things on ur car are your hood and wheels, in no way is that similar to the panda schemes. do u think ur car is a sprinter? am i missing something here? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: RED PANDA 162!!!! New Colour Scheme!!! Sun, 02 October 2005 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get a spoontah Razz
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: RED PANDA 162!!!! New Colour Scheme!!! Mon, 03 October 2005 17:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
da_horse wrote on Mon, 03 October 2005 01:03

i'm gonna go out on a limb here and ask how the car is even "Panda"

the only black things on ur car are your hood and wheels, in no way is that similar to the panda schemes. do u think ur car is a sprinter? am i missing something here? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

hmmmm.....
Let me just start by sayin... The red panda title is a joke, i hardly see a panda as necessarily linked to ae86 just because they have that colour scheme...

And USUALLY the Pandas are WHITE and BLACK,
But if ur not too familiar checkin on google will show that there are actually animals called RED PANDAS, it is a joke,

Why would i think my car is a sprinter, i'm more than happy that its a st162, i'm not tryin to be anything but myself, and my car how i want it to look, i find it sad that having a car a certain way on here (or to make a joke about it) is suddenly put into a category of me tryin to be something else, to ur answer no i'm tryin to be myself, and i think i've done a good job at that...

Black bonnets didn't originate in japan, as most of u think, they actually had functionality in America to the black bonnet, not just "LIGHT WEIGHT" supposably.

The car is Panda because it has the SAME COLOURS AS a RED PANDA which has RED, WHITE and BLACK, last time i checked Pandas don't have strips goin down the side of them like a ae86 does so if anything this is more realistic.

Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: RED PANDA 162!!!! New Colour Scheme!!! Tue, 04 October 2005 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon it looks fkn horny Adrian man... Don't listen to them, get it done in Gloss black and leave the wheels, it looks great IMO.

This guy is a great bloke by the way, one of the most friendliest people I know, and he cares about his car, he in no way wants it to "Look the trend" or anything like that...

Cheers,
Kev.
KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: RED PANDA 162!!!! New Colour Scheme!!! Tue, 04 October 2005 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YOU ARE WRONG! its "BLEEDING PANDA" not red panda, sheesh lol j/k dude

i reckon it looks tuff! white wheels are ghey!!!!

My opinion if its worth anything ala 2c is to leave the bonnet matt black and paint the roof and pillars gloss black, gloss black bonnets are worse that white wheels!! Razz

jese1218
Regular

March 2005
Re: RED PANDA 162!!!! New Colour Scheme!!! Tue, 04 October 2005 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The origins of the black bonnet go far back, further than a Sprinter or something like that! They where used for racing applications to aid in daytime drivability. It reduces reflections from the sun, which can cause driver eye fatique. The Sprinter used this style quite a bit after this idea was thought up, so in no way does it have anything to do with being a "Sprinter".

An American racing Mustang, from the 70's, using this concept:
http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/8228/watglen0dn.th.jpg

Oooh..and a World War 2 fighter plane, with exactly the same concept (hmm...is that 1942??? Smile)

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/6403/p51mustang3hy.th.jpg

Very Happy

[Updated on: Tue, 04 October 2005 06:44]

4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: RED PANDA 162!!!! New Colour Scheme!!! Tue, 04 October 2005 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adrian mate your car is as ugly as dogs balls. Actually teh dogs balls is probably more attractive. Rolling Eyes Wink Laughing

Black bonnets in your mind originated from ME! U slart u ripped the idea off when u saw my paint come off in the rain at box hill years ago. And for the half dozen passer bys

Passer by to mate `: "Hey is that carbon fibre?"
Mate replies :"Yeah man"

Dun take credit and pass it on to oblivious parties when the entire idea came from me some years ago. Especially when it is a rattle can job where u claimed was dodgy and continued to go ahead with it.

Bahahaha

PPS: UP YOURS TOOL!!!!
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: RED PANDA 162!!!! New Colour Scheme!!! Tue, 04 October 2005 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haahHhahaha,
Difference is i can't right stuff on my bonnet like urs (ur paint runs with rain, i don't have to add more paint everytime i wash my car, hahaha. Thats all i say...
Mine was at least done with good preperation and proper canned paint!!! Smile

4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: RED PANDA 162!!!! New Colour Scheme!!! Tue, 04 October 2005 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lol
little do you know young padawan.

Just wait and see moron. U will eat your own shit like a jap chik going nuts over bukake. I have a secret formula to make your "mad preperation" look like freddy kruegers scrotum.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RED PANDA 162!!!! New Colour Scheme!!! Tue, 04 October 2005 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seeing im currently " black bonneted too " due to the fact it came of , surprisingly enough - a black car , i think now i might have to change this ... Seems it creates too much tension amongst the playa's

I could sell you both carbon fiber look contact to slap on there if you both want to look elite , but it might be too hot for you , bro

Adrian - my oppinion still stands - total red really suited your car and the kit ..

you dont need the black bonnet to make it " look good " it looked great in the first place Smile
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: RED PANDA 162!!!! New Colour Scheme!!! Tue, 04 October 2005 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
I actually believe black bonnets, when done the right way (ie gloss black with no blemishes), look absolutely fantastic. Also it's not the way you want other people to feel about your car, it's how you want to feel about your own car. It's a very personal thing, some people hate it and some people love it. So jeez give the guy a break... If he wants his bonnet black, leave him to it...

Kev.
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Riceburna's celica #2
Next Topic:Yian's MA61 (56k warning)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 23:29:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0094249248504639 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.