Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 4agze- BLUE SLIP / Engineers?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Slippy
Regular

March 2005
4agze- BLUE SLIP / Engineers? Wed, 28 September 2005 00:54 Go to next message
Just a quick question. Will i need to get an engineers certificate and or blue slip after putting a 4agze motor in my car? JDM sprinter. I'm in NSW. Also. Will a 4agze bottom end fit onto my existing 4age 16V head?

Im just weighing up the cons/pros on what way I should go with forced induction. Thanks.
  Send a private message to this user    
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: 4agze- BLUE SLIP / Engineers? Wed, 28 September 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1.Will i need to get an engineers certificate and or blue slip after putting a 4agze motor in my car? JDM sprinter.
- Yes, both.

2. Will a 4agze bottom end fit onto my existing 4age 16V head?
- the gze bottom end will fit under ur 16v head, yes, im 99% sure it will

Slippy
Regular

March 2005
Re: 4agze- BLUE SLIP / Engineers? Wed, 28 September 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok i have sourced an engine out of an ae111 (corolla Levin?) Can get engineers and blue slip also. Will this motor bolt straight into my existing mounts and also into my exisiting g/box? Who wants to buy a 4age? Smile
d-shiznit
Regular

May 2004
Re: 4agze- BLUE SLIP / Engineers? Wed, 28 September 2005 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You'll have to convert the waterpipes to rwd (If you have a rwd 4age you can just swap everything), possibly move the alternator as it might hit the swaybar, and on the actual block there are some little studs you will have to grind off to bolt your enigne mounts on.
Gbox will bolt up.
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: 4agze- BLUE SLIP / Engineers? Wed, 28 September 2005 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Slippy wrote on Wed, 28 September 2005 16:24

Ok i have sourced an engine out of an ae111 (corolla Levin?) Can get engineers and blue slip also. Will this motor bolt straight into my existing mounts and also into my exisiting g/box? Who wants to buy a 4age? Smile

I need some parts off your jdm 4age if you don't mind me nibbling through

can pick up on weekend

pm me if interested
Slippy
Regular

March 2005
Re: 4agze- BLUE SLIP / Engineers? Wed, 28 September 2005 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The 4age is still in the car and i would at a guess live about 4 hours from you! But yes, the engine will definately be sold when it comes out. How much do they sell for roughly?! 1k?
Darola
Regular

May 2002
Re: 4agze- BLUE SLIP / Engineers? Thu, 29 September 2005 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey there, u say your 4h away from syd, witch way???? im in taree

Eddie
Slippy
Regular

March 2005
Re: 4agze- BLUE SLIP / Engineers? Thu, 29 September 2005 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah no the wrong way! Im down in Wagga Wagga...!
taitran
Regular

April 2005
Re: 4agze- BLUE SLIP / Engineers? Thu, 29 September 2005 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyway back on topic, how much on average would it cost to get a 4agze or 20v on road for a sprinter? Is it necessary to get engineers cert?.
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: 4agze- BLUE SLIP / Engineers? Thu, 29 September 2005 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
taitran wrote on Thu, 29 September 2005 22:07

Anyway back on topic, how much on average would it cost to get a 4agze or 20v on road for a sprinter? Is it necessary to get engineers cert?.

i'd allow $5k, but is hugely variable depending on what work u do, what computer want to run etc. In NSW you MUST have an engineers certificate to legally have that engine in your car.
taitran
Regular

April 2005
Re: 4agze- BLUE SLIP / Engineers? Fri, 30 September 2005 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just say all the engine/conversion work already been done and all i need to do is register/engineer. How much would that cost?, I heard around $600 for engineers and $1000 for emissions testing, is this true?
Slippy
Regular

March 2005
Re: 4agze- BLUE SLIP / Engineers? Fri, 30 September 2005 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok. I have just bought a half cut for 3k. Another 1k to 1.5k to get it put in. Engineers will prob be about $300-$600 and then just a blue slip and thats it. So around 5k. Thats not doing any work myself though.
taitran
Regular

April 2005
Re: 4agze- BLUE SLIP / Engineers? Fri, 30 September 2005 11:11 Go to previous message
are change of brakes necessary?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:fittin 3sge cams in a 3sgte?
Next Topic:Gen 2 vs Gen 3 (ST185 , ST205) 3SGTE valve differences?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 11:52:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0069899559020996 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.