Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » RA28 engine conversions HELP!!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GT2NV
Occasional Poster

September 2005
RA28 engine conversions HELP!!!! Fri, 30 September 2005 08:12 Go to next message
Hey all,
Im new here and i got alot of questions that need answering. I'm looking at buying an RA28 celica and doin a turbo engine conversion into it, the only thing is I'm not sure what engine would be the best choice and I dont want anything to large in capacity, i think about a 2L turbocharged engine would be a good size. My first thought was a nissan SR20det as ive seen it done in a celica b4, or even a ca18det but than the amount of money that would have to go into putting a nissan engine into a toyota and would i need to buy i different gearbox. My friend is a mechanic and can get an engine conversion done cheaper for me but its not much use if i dont know what im putting into it. So if u guys have any idea of a toyota engine i could slap in there, say a 4agt, 1jz, 3sgte or whateva else ur thinking of and a general price. I know im gonna have a hard time finding a fastback ra28 aswell so i got alot of problems, for now i got about 10 grand but theres no point diving in and buying something u cant finance, i know im gonna need alot more cash but this is my dream guys and girls so any help would be great Very Happy
Cheers Beno

[Updated on: Fri, 30 September 2005 08:38]

Send a private message to this user    
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: RA28 engine conversions HELP!!!! Fri, 30 September 2005 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beno,
You need to get yourself a cold beer or three and then curl up with the "SEARCH" function and type in your car and engine combination, one at a time. Then be prepared to read heaps about this subject.
Mitch.
GT2NV
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: RA28 engine conversions HELP!!!! Fri, 30 September 2005 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol cheers i was expecting something like that
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: RA28 engine conversions HELP!!!! Fri, 30 September 2005 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive got a 18rg turbo engine setup if your keen. will bolt straight in and comes with almost everything needed. just needs a dyno tune once installed. its in brisbane
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: RA28 engine conversions HELP!!!! Fri, 30 September 2005 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You have us all now Beno, the people that tell you to search, followed by the people that have something they want to sell you! Laughing Laughing Laughing
jeffro RA28
Regular

August 2004
Re: RA28 engine conversions HELP!!!! Fri, 30 September 2005 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
18rg for the win, U could probly even find an ra28 with an 18rg installed.
GT2NV
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: RA28 engine conversions HELP!!!! Fri, 30 September 2005 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol, so what are the 18rg's originally out of? im guessing its a 1.8 litre
GT2NV
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: RA28 engine conversions HELP!!!! Fri, 30 September 2005 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wait dont worry il search for it Very Happy
Steve M
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: RA28 engine conversions HELP!!!! Fri, 30 September 2005 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He learns quickly, good to see.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: RA28 engine conversions HELP!!!! Fri, 30 September 2005 15:11 Go to previous message
use google to search these forums...

[your google search string here] site:forums.toymods.org.au

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4agze bov
Next Topic:New Locks for a TA22
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:29:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058691501617432 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.