Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
beerbaron
Occasional Poster

December 2004
1G Supercharger Fri, 30 September 2005 00:34 Go to next message
Hey all
i was at an import wrecker yesterday and noticed a stack of
1G Motors , some with a factory supercharger's .
In regards to the supercharger... has anyone tried adapting one of these to the 1gfe motor in a lexus is200 ?
i know TTE make a supercharger for the is200 but i wonder if one could adapt these older superchargers and make it work with an is200

Thanks Razz
  Send a private message to this user    
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: 1G Supercharger Fri, 30 September 2005 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its a supercharger...get mounting brackets made up...stick a belt on it...do the plumbing...itll work Smile
mic*
Regular

July 2005
Re: 1G Supercharger Fri, 30 September 2005 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can tell u now tho it'll = a freaking hot engine with FE heads. Especially if you run it permanet drive (ie no clutch). A 1G-GZE (the motor you most likely saw) has more performance oriented valve angles in the head, and that motor with a clutch for the S/C, it still runs bloody hot once the S/C has kicked in a few times.

There are three fans on the radiator in my car which was factory fitted with a 1G-GZE.

This is far from an expert opinion but, id be inclined to weigh it up against ripping the turbo & manifolds off a 1G-GTE.

I dont know whether the manifolds to suit a "G" head will match up with the bolt pattern to suit an "F" head tho and this will be your issue either way unless you makes custom ones.

Anyone know???
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1G Supercharger Fri, 30 September 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is no problem with supercharging an FE head. It will probably go nicely. The manifolds and turbos from a 1GGTE will not fit the head.
mic*
Regular

July 2005
Re: 1G Supercharger Fri, 30 September 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JCMF knows what he is on about.

Make sure you know how you will attach S/C outlet to your existing manifold coz it would seem that you cant steal the one the S/C is meant to bolt to from what frank said.

Frank, do the non-S/C versions of the 1G have the same crank pulley. Ie, no S/C running means there is a spare wheel? Or did they make different ones for all the other variations using that block?

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1G Supercharger Fri, 30 September 2005 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You should be able to use the existing inlet manifold because you'd just route the piping from the intercooler to it. The supercharged versions I've never really had a good look at. I'd say the crank pulley on the GZE would be different, but you'd have to ask someone who actually owns one.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: 1G Supercharger Fri, 30 September 2005 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One somebody who actually owns one is me, and yes, all the different variants of the 1G have a different crank pulley, so you won't find a version with a spare wheel, and that could be your major stumbling block when it comes to S/C-ing a 1G-FE.
You would most likely have to have a 1G-GZE engine handy and gutz that (Toymods tech term) in order to get the bits you need to do your 1G-FE.
Remember too that the 1G-GZE uses an inlet manifold bypass system to vent overboost from the S/C and 'delete' lag when the S/C is not engaged or not working at all.

mic*
Regular

July 2005
Re: 1G Supercharger Sun, 02 October 2005 22:45 Go to previous message
Hey Ra23,

Iv got one too, can you tell me bout the "vent overboost" part of your post. I thought the bypass was purely for when the clutch is disengaged, ie bypass S/C so as not to "drag" the intake charge through it. Less resistance & a little less heat.

If it vents overboost, what controls that? Id like to switch it off!!! Do you know what revs the SC14 makes its 9-10 psi at? With standard pulleys.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1gfe into ra23
Next Topic:TA22 V8 Conversion
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:48:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054140090942383 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.