Toymods » General Car Talk » GT4 owners dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 28 September 2005 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
carsanactra wrote on Wed, 28 September 2005 16:02

what do u mean side step teh clutch?

Step off it (ie. release very quickly)
  Send a private message to this user    
esk34
Regular

February 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 28 September 2005 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't they call that droping the clutch?
Genrally not good for clutch or flywheel.

I need an exhuast for my GT4, and have had no luck in finding one. I was just wondering what you guys have, and what you would recomend getting. I only need it from the cat back, just to get it roadworthy. The replacment exhuast must meet emission laws and noise and all that jazz, as the car has to pass a roadworthy test. Has anybody got any recomendations, and a basic cost?
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 28 September 2005 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just go to an exhaust place and ask them to make on up for u...or buy one from a wreckery somewhere...a stocky from a wrecker is sure to meet emmissions and noise restrictions.;..
esk34
Regular

February 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 28 September 2005 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have tryed the wreckers and nobody has one. If anybody knows of the location of a stockie, then I will happy to pick it up.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 28 September 2005 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol - id offer you My AVO cat back setup - if i had a spare grand and a bit in the bank ATM

its legal - not overly loud Smile

but may be for sale soon if i get the luck thing happening
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 28 September 2005 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone interested in a group buy of ARP head and main studs for the 3SGTE?

I'm getting pricing from a mate tomorrow for 5 sets of each to see what sort of a discount we can get.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 28 September 2005 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry dude - already got mine in ..

though they be the awesome for anyone attempting a rebuild ..

Even if its just a refresh - its worth putting these in !
esk34
Regular

February 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 28 September 2005 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much would you want for something like that, and how big is it?
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 28 September 2005 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its 2.5 inches from the midpip[e back - ends up in a small sports muffler + 3 inch droop tip

Wouldnt want more than a few hundred for it being second hand , but i think , it sounds you need it ASAP

I wont have the car back to me for a few weeks , and cant afford to replace the rear section just yet

PS: did you recieve my note re the gearshift?
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 28 September 2005 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so u rekon dropping teh clutch at 5500rpm ish it just jumps off the line and wont bog down?
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 28 September 2005 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i feel very bad after doing a 4-5k cluth dump. i love my car too much.
esk34
Regular

February 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 28 September 2005 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I do kinda want it ASAP, as I would like to get the car on the road pretty soon, I will see how it goes as the timing belt and water pump are getting done now, I still need a power steering rack pretty bad, as there is power steering fluid everywhere.
It might still be a couple of weeks before I get everthing else done so give me a PM or something then.

PS. What message are you talking about?
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 28 September 2005 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Wed, 28 September 2005 19:02

Anyone interested in a group buy of ARP head and main studs for the 3SGTE?

I'm getting pricing from a mate tomorrow for 5 sets of each to see what sort of a discount we can get.

may be interested...depending on price and compatability with the 1st gen 3sgte
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 28 September 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GPA.053 got her new shoes Smile
I'll let the pictures do the talking:
http://home.iprimus.com.au/t00ch/rims1.jpg
http://home.iprimus.com.au/t00ch/rims2.jpg

I am over the moon with how these look, best bit, they cost me under $1000 Very Happy Very Happy

So nice to have wheels that look like they belong on the car, as opposed to WRX wheels, with the wrong offset and tyre profile! BTW, the old crappy ones are for sale, check the wheel section Smile
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 28 September 2005 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tooch where did u get those wheels...how much...including rubber?...can i get some??...arrrrggghhh *splat*....... Embarassed
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 28 September 2005 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tooch wrote on Wed, 28 September 2005 21:33

BTW, the old crappy ones are for sale, check the wheel section Smile

You're quite the salesman Laughing

Love the wheels - nice choice! Sounds like you got a great deal too.
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 28 September 2005 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the comments guys Smile
They are Advanti Rally Tech in 17x7, with Nexus 215/40/17's.
Price from the Tyre Factory $1600
Price from a family member ~$920 Smile

Wish I could get that deal for everyone, but I thought that even $1600 wasn't too bad. Shop around, I'm sure there's better deals than that.
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 28 September 2005 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tooch wrote on Wed, 28 September 2005 21:47

Wish I could get that deal for everyone, but I thought that even $1600 wasn't too bad. Shop around, I'm sure there's better deals than that.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked i will give u my first born child if u give me that deal Shocked lol...i couldnt afford it anyway what am i talking about...theyd definately look horn as on my 165 tho
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 28 September 2005 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mmm nice coloured car tooch.
Good to see that the white rims do suit the black car... you just need some spacers to fill those rear gaurds Very Happy
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 28 September 2005 19:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok guys, who can tell me the deal on this celica.

Toyota Celica 2.0 4WD Turbo

Sorry about the Spanish, Google Language will help if your interested.

The photos and date suggest it could be a ST205 but it doesn't have the body kit that our 205's have. Any Ideas? Did the rest of the world get some 205's that weren't Carlos Sains Editions?

Either way, the price is good. Very Happy Might be worth a trip teh Barcelona to check it out.
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 28 September 2005 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Wed, 28 September 2005 23:46

Mmm nice coloured car tooch.
Good to see that the white rims do suit the black car... you just need some spacers to fill those rear gaurds Very Happy

Thanks toobs Very Happy
Yeah I'm after a set of those HR spacers, waiting to see if we are going to get a group buy going here. One thing tho, these rims fill out the guards more than my old WRX offset ones Smile
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 29 September 2005 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
carsanactra wrote on Wed, 28 September 2005 19:26

so u rekon dropping teh clutch at 5500rpm ish it just jumps off the line and wont bog down?

Try it - and then come see us about upgrading your clutch cause the old one burnt out , or where to get a new driveshaft from Wink

Thats the way its done but its extremely harsh on your drivetrain , and most likely if its old - will break something

remember these things dont spin the wheels easily on tarmac - its instant snapping power to the drivetrain ..

On gravel its alot easier as you have slippage under the tyres for it to break traction a little , then grip

ESK34 - my mistake * edit * it was ygt04

you msged about the springs - sorry

[Updated on: Thu, 29 September 2005 02:48]

Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 29 September 2005 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gold28 wrote on Thu, 29 September 2005 05:53

The photos and date suggest it could be a ST205 but it doesn't have the body kit that our 205's have. Any Ideas? Did the rest of the world get some 205's that weren't Carlos Sains Editions?

Either way, the price is good. Very Happy Might be worth a trip teh Barcelona to check it out.

Doesn't look like a Gt4... no rear wing, different front bar, different bonnet.
I'd say its just an ST204 with the rear wing taken off.
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 29 September 2005 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thaught the 204s were n/a fwd....this 6th gen is claimed to be awd turbo...perhaps a 205 with the wing removed and kit replaced with 202/204 kit to look more of a sleeper?
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 29 September 2005 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He might have just put the car in the wrong category... assuming that site makes you select the vehicle via drop down boxes like carpoint does.

Also re the group buy of head and main studs here are the prices I got:
ARP Head Studs (P/N: 203-4204)$245/set
ARP Main Studs (P/N: 203-5404)$120/set
The prices listed do not include any freight from me (Silverwater) to you but I can post them anywhere in Australia for whatever the post office charges.
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 29 September 2005 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

ST204 with incorrect details Rolling Eyes
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 29 September 2005 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Thu, 29 September 2005 12:45

Try it - and then come see us about upgrading your clutch cause the old one burnt out , or where to get a new driveshaft from Wink

Thats the way its done but its extremely harsh on your drivetrain , and most likely if its old - will break something

remember these things dont spin the wheels easily on tarmac - its instant snapping power to the drivetrain ..

On gravel its alot easier as you have slippage under the tyres for it to break traction a little , then grip

ESK34 - my mistake * edit * it was ygt04

you msged about the springs - sorry

It definitely wont bog down...and you will be thrown back into your seat for sure...I have a heavy duty organic clutch with uprated pressure plate and it launches quite nicely while remaining streetable.

I dont do it often tho, in fact ive only done it 3 times since I bought the car 2 years ago cause bulletproof tho the drivetrain may be, when the clutch, not the tyres is the only point of 'give' in the launch it makes it the part that usually snaps first, so I wouldnt make a habit of it. Smile

sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 29 September 2005 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gtfour-wrc wrote on Tue, 20 September 2005 12:49

Hi All,

I've got a 185 converted to GrpA spec thanks to bits and pieces from Justens UZ185.

Thought I'd chime in regarding 17x8 +35 size wheels on ST185.
I've had a setup of Jap spec wheels with this exact size for 12mths. I've got KYB struts, Eibach springs and 25mm H&R spacers on the rear.

With this setup and wheel config, the front mudflaps needed to be moved as this is the only place they rubbed on fullock. The rear gaurds required rolling due to KYB struts having too much bounce and bottoming when taking corners, if you have coilovers you should be fine. Without spacers no probs at all.

Do you have any photos of your car dude? would love to see some pics if possible??

Nah surely not. I dropped mine at 6,000 RPM...wow...the power, the speed..the acceleration, i was amazed. Its pretty damn quick when you do that..only tried it once, dont want to risk damaging my baby.

WantaTurbo wrote on Tue, 20 September 2005 16:36

Hey guys got some new wheels due to needing new tyres and also a pot hole damaging one wheel Sad anyways here is one piccy of them i posted other in my members thread (link in my sig) so tell us what u think of them Smile
Cheers Bill.

Looks great Bill, now all you need is a set of spacers on the rear, and it'll look FAT. Cool

Looking great there Tooch!! Very nice! And to think you where about to sell her, look how gorgeous she looks now. Very Happy

Do you know the offset on those rims? and also do you know the offset on your old rims dude, because i would love to re-furbish them, paint them black, and use them myself. Smile

Thats just a regular 204 there dude, doesnt look like a ST205 GT-Four at all....im with the other fellas, the dude probably just listed it in the wrong section.

Toobs wrote on Thu, 29 September 2005 17:39

He might have just put the car in the wrong category... assuming that site makes you select the vehicle via drop down boxes like carpoint does.

Also re the group buy of head and main studs here are the prices I got:
ARP Head Studs (P/N: 203-4204)$245/set
ARP Main Studs (P/N: 203-5404)$120/set
The prices listed do not include any freight from me (Silverwater) to you but I can post them anywhere in Australia for whatever the post office charges.

Those prices sound good to me Toobs, when is the deadline for this group buy? and this kit suits all 3S-GTE's? How much would they be normaly as well, as i have not looked into bolts just yet. thanks.
Cheers

KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 29 September 2005 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stu, try Xtreme Clutch in Adelaide for the flywheel thing. There may be something mroe local to you but these guys have always been good for me, admittedly i go through a friend so i may be avoiding some red tape...
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 30 September 2005 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sikx5 wrote on Thu, 29 September 2005 23:37

Those prices sound good to me Toobs, when is the deadline for this group buy?

No deadline as yet... I am too broke ATM to go buying much more for the car... maybe in a month or two I'll be ordering them.

and this kit suits all 3S-GTE's?

These are the only part number ARP list in their catalogue for the 3SGTE and they don't say that it will only work for any specific model so I assume they are all the same.

How much would they be normaly as well, as i have not looked into bolts just yet. thanks.

To be quite honest this is the first and only price I requested... this guy usually gives me the best pricing out of anyone for Rocket Industries stuff though so I assume it will be pretty good.
Will have a chat to another guy I know once he gets back from holidays Wink
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 30 September 2005 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im getting both my drive shafts replaces today actually, lol.

nah ive never launched my car like that, quite frankly on my take off most commodores and ford falcon automatics pull infront of me in first gear.
da_foles
Regular

August 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 30 September 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,

I'm keen on the group buy for spacers, how much are we looking at?

thanks

gen_gt4
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 30 September 2005 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hello everyone good to see a gt4 thread going. anyway i got a 1988 gt4 st165.
MODS:
Front mount intercooler
SAFC II
High flowed ct26 turbo
2.5 inch turbo bak exhaust
k&n pod filter
Turbo smart BOV
Blitz baby timer
Turbo smart stage2 fuel cut defender
2 12inch subs

and thats about it.

future mods?? dunno.... internals for sure and yeah see how we go from there Smile
gen_gt4
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 30 September 2005 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hello everyone good to see a gt4 thread going. anyway i got a 1988 gt4 st165.
MODS:
Front mount intercooler
SAFC II
High flowed ct26 turbo
2.5 inch turbo bak exhaust
k&n pod filter
Turbo smart BOV
Blitz baby timer
Turbo smart stage2 fuel cut defender
2 12inch subs

and thats about it.

future mods?? dunno.... internals for sure and yeah see how we go from there Smile
GriZZly
Regular

June 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 30 September 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tooch wrote on Sun, 25 September 2005 21:00

GriZZly wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 16:05

ive been in contact with tcca about the 25mm spacers as toobs suggested they were the most local place to get em.. theyre $275 a pair 5 stud 54,1 centre bore.. maybe less if we did a group buy...

post up if u definitely want a pair and we can go from there...

Any word on a group buy mate? There's a few interested here!

Sorry i havent gotten back to you all about the spacers ive been on holidays Smile

i sent an email to tcca motorsport regarding the spacers and a group and said weve got about 5 definites possibly more

well just have to wait for their reply, i doubt theyll reply until at least monday though..
GriZZly
Regular

June 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 30 September 2005 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
da_foles wrote on Fri, 30 September 2005 14:31

Hey,

I'm keen on the group buy for spacers, how much are we looking at?

thanks

if you buy them buy yourself straight from tcca their charging $275 for the pair

however were hoping to get a better deal with a group buy (info in my above post)
GriZZly
Regular

June 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 30 September 2005 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-=DV=- wrote on Tue, 27 September 2005 10:39

1gt48u wrote on Tue, 27 September 2005 10:31

Tony wrote on Sun, 25 September 2005 23:20

I'd be interested in that group buy too, but as usual, my GT4 has yet another problem which will probably require $$$s...

Our GT4s certainly are a labour of love...

I think I've overstretched my pockets on the gt4 this month Laughing

I love my car Razz

cheers Very Happy

lol do i know how that feels, a simple change of bushes has turned into replacement front struts when 3/4 of my front right shock fell out when my lower control arm came off....:S....anyway who here is from newcastle?

i am Smile also troy (1gt48u) and bill (wantaturbo) dunno anyone else but... i take it you are as well?

[Updated on: Fri, 30 September 2005 11:07]

-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 30 September 2005 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah im born and bred in newwy...moved up to the fraser coast in the last few months..but im commin back down to live in newwy in the next few weeks....u guys wanna organise a newwy gt4 cruise sometime or somethin?
GriZZly
Regular

June 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 30 September 2005 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh for sure

however im not really all that familiar with good places to go driving around here..

ive heard barrington tops can supply lots of fun but itd be 4-5 hours round trip depending on where an what you did up there...

the only place i usually go "fanging" is around the lake
da_foles
Regular

August 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 30 September 2005 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man that is steeep, 275 bucks for 2 hunks of metal to push your tyres out further that sucks. The things we do for our cars. I'm going to have to be a pussy and pull out of this group buy hey. There is no way I'm affording that any time soon. performance will be coming before looks.

esk34
Regular

February 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 30 September 2005 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

What type of tyres did you get with it? What is the load rating on the tyres?
Are these from The tyre factory, as there is one over in Dandenong. I have been considering getting new wheels for my red gt4, and those wheels look like just the thing.
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 01 October 2005 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just thought id let u all know, the drive shafts for the st165 are not teh same as a st185, nor a st162. toyospares called me today to let me know they couldnt fit the st185 shafts to my st165.

however they are getting me some reco ones at a good price with 12 months warrantee etc. i still STRONGLY recomend any1 in melbourne to take ur buisness to them for anything toyota related.
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 01 October 2005 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for that man, ive been wondering that ever since i got my car....but i have heard somewhere taht 205 shafts fit..but i highly doubt it
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 01 October 2005 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
esk34 wrote on Sat, 01 October 2005 08:59

What type of tyres did you get with it? What is the load rating on the tyres?
Are these from The tyre factory, as there is one over in Dandenong. I have been considering getting new wheels for my red gt4, and those wheels look like just the thing.

Came with Nexen N3000 215/40/17. It says '87W extra load' whatever that means.

I decided not to go with the Tyre Factory, as I knew someone who works for the distributor of these wheels, and got them at cost. Turns out that was a wise decision, not only for the cost saving but the service that a particular Tyre Factory here provides. I hope the dandenong one is better than the one I went to, that's all I'll say. If you have ever heard the nickname that people in the industry call them, you'll know what I mean Very Happy .

Either way, if you decide to get them from TTF, definitely try and screw the $1600 price down a bit, as there's a lot of mark up.
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 01 October 2005 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
carsanactra wrote on Sat, 01 October 2005 10:04

just thought id let u all know, the drive shafts for the st165 are not teh same as a st185, nor a st162. toyospares called me today to let me know they couldnt fit the st185 shafts to my st165.

however they are getting me some reco ones at a good price with 12 months warrantee etc. i still STRONGLY recomend any1 in melbourne to take ur buisness to them for anything toyota related.

How much are they charging for the shafts? My front right one is about to shit itself judging by the noise!
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 01 October 2005 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tooch - i hope your wealthy or lucky ..

I just had an 800 dollar bill to replace/repair my passenger front Driveshaft after it spat out ...

Ive tried twice and both times unable to find reco/swap over ones
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 01 October 2005 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
carsanactra wrote on Sat, 01 October 2005 10:04

hey i was at toyospares earlier today. saw your car there too man i love it.
booked my car in for the st205 intercooler job. finally once that thing goes on, i can start playing with the boost a bit.
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 01 October 2005 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Sat, 01 October 2005 16:47

Tooch - i hope your wealthy or lucky ..

I just had an 800 dollar bill to replace/repair my passenger front Driveshaft after it spat out ...

Ive tried twice and both times unable to find reco/swap over ones

Shocked Was that for parts only?! I know of a place in Richmond that did all 4 front CV boots for $120, so maybe they will do a better price on replacing or repairing my old one.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 01 October 2005 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that was everything parts and labour

new CV's and seals - plus some machining

basically the end CV on my shaft was absolutley fucked and the other end wasnt much better, beyond repair - they had to make 1 good shaft out of the 2 busted ones i had here..

the bootsare just rubbers - im talking the whole bearings , machining and pressing etc etc ..

basically had to make a new driveshaft from scratch
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 01 October 2005 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Sat, 01 October 2005 17:42

that was everything parts and labour

new CV's and seals - plus some machining

basically the end CV on my shaft was absolutley fucked and the other end wasnt much better, beyond repair - they had to make 1 good shaft out of the 2 busted ones i had here..

the bootsare just rubbers - im talking the whole bearings , machining and pressing etc etc ..

basically had to make a new driveshaft from scratch

Whoa shit... you need to see bob drive... numba wan guy for dryshaft!
-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 01 October 2005 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Only time a CV has exploded on me, was because the bolts weren't done up tight enough by yours truly.
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 02 October 2005 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-==L=a=N=c=E==- wrote on Sun, 02 October 2005 01:52

Only time a CV has exploded on me, was because the bolts weren't done up tight enough by yours truly.

Hehe I thought one of mine exploded one day, due to stupid me putting the bolts back in and not tightening them all the way, and forgetting about it, then driving the car. I heard this BANG! TINK, TINK, TINK, TINK. A couple of the bolts came out and the little banana washer things were swinging around and the shaft was hanging out.

Lesson: Always do up bolts properly the first time.
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 02 October 2005 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
800$ is fukn crazy as!

toyospares were gona wack a second hand 185 shaft in mine for 50$!!!!
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 02 October 2005 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah that sounds much better to me Smile

Will call them tomorrow and see what they have.
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 02 October 2005 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea i reckon tooch, tell em jarrod sent ya, haha.

might c ya up there, gota pic my car up and drop of my brothers car that we seem to have COMPLETELY rooted the engine of.
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 02 October 2005 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackGT4 wrote on Sat, 01 October 2005 17:07

hey i was at toyospares earlier today. saw your car there too man i love it.

thanks buddy Smile

[Updated on: Sun, 02 October 2005 10:17]

Roundy
Regular

April 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 02 October 2005 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I recently changed a driveshaft, i got a swap one from repco, cost about $160, or 340 with no swap...my other option was send the one i had away to re-con for around 160
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 03 October 2005 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Second hand is the key word here dude

Price an new driveshaft , and then come back to me with an answer
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 03 October 2005 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Depends what they "recondition"
If they replace the CV bearings and carrier assembly as well as the usual boots etc. then why bother with new.
If the place only replaces the boots and bearings (but not the carrier) then there is a significant disadvantage over new.
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 03 October 2005 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
GT4 CV's are interchangable with Landcruiser CV's.
Pages (23): [ «  <  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all
Next Topic:wolf 3d V4....how much are they?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:53:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0098268985748291 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.