Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » what rods and crank are in a sivertop 20v?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
kpa323
Occasional Poster

May 2005
what rods and crank are in a sivertop 20v? Thu, 29 September 2005 06:27 Go to next message
does anybody know 'FOR SURE' what rods and crank are in a SILVERTOP 20v 4age. ive heard of talk that they have the same ones as a ze. can anybody confirm this before i spend thousands of dollars! i personally think that they have 100kw ones, but i dont know for sure...
accurate infomation will be really appreciated

thanks in advance
ryan
  Send a private message to this user    
drift86levin
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: what rods and crank are in a sivertop 20v? Thu, 29 September 2005 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm 99 precent sure that smallport GZE ones are 100KW ones..and the cranks are the same for all, but the 20v have a lighter rod..

Matty
kpa323
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: what rods and crank are in a sivertop 20v? Thu, 29 September 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats the case for blacktop 20v, but from what ive gathered off seaching on this site, silvertop 20v motors have ze rods and cranks (same part number), who can confirm this, who has pulled one down to find the rods and crank are the same?

anybody...
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: what rods and crank are in a sivertop 20v? Thu, 29 September 2005 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have heard that the rods are lighter in all 20v black and silver
Mr Revhead
Regular

October 2004
Re: what rods and crank are in a sivertop 20v? Thu, 29 September 2005 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok the important thing to remember is:
4AGE RODS AND CRANKS ARE IDENTICAL TO 4AGZE ONES.

when they changed to the 42mm crank they used the huge rods.
these rods were used through the ae92 facelift. so small ports can have both types.
then they changed to smaller lighter (but by no means weak) rods. the ze used these as well. these were carried on right through untill the black top, when the ze was discontinued and the rods were tiny, and no good for high rpm.

so theres only 4 rods in used in the entire 4age range, and the only changes are date changes, not model changes.

this info is from pulling apart engines and cross referencing with the toyota EPC
Toycrash
Regular

June 2004
Re: what rods and crank are in a sivertop 20v? Fri, 30 September 2005 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR. 2 wrote on Thu, 29 September 2005 17:47

i have heard that the rods are lighter in all 20v black and silver

This is true and i know it from fact. On my own 20v silvertop has lightened rods, and on blacktop has even more weaker rods and blacktop rods are longer any how.

GZE has much stronger rods.
Mr Revhead
Regular

October 2004
Re: what rods and crank are in a sivertop 20v? Fri, 30 September 2005 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there are 2 types of rods in the 4agze, one type is shared with the 20v silver top. the BT has its own rods
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: what rods and crank are in a sivertop 20v? Fri, 30 September 2005 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my god do a search there would be millions writen on it!20v has lighter rods and arnt as strong as gze rods!

kpa323 better of asking a better question, like what would be the best rod for turbo or atmo etc.with anything you do you want the lightest rod that will do the job i.e km's or pressure.the lighter the mass the quicker it will spin up.loads of boost and want it to last the km's then a heavy rod etc!
mick

Mr Revhead
Regular

October 2004
Re: what rods and crank are in a sivertop 20v? Sat, 01 October 2005 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
read what i wrote...... silvertop rods ARE 4agze rods.
open up an ae101 gze and youll find the exact same rods
bluehachi
Regular

September 2005
Re: what rods and crank are in a sivertop 20v? Sat, 01 October 2005 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you are wrong kingmick. the silvertop rods are SAME as gze rods, blacktop however has lighter and therefore weaker rods
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: what rods and crank are in a sivertop 20v? Sat, 01 October 2005 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol not wrong was talking about the black top!ive thrown loads in the bin,as well as silver top ones as i dont use either.years of listerning to the same questions gets a bit much!if more people listerned instead of telling they would find out much more information.like a 20v head on a 7age race motor isnt worth it, as you can get better torque and hp with a 16v.same as i can tell you a easy way to have buckets in a 16v much cheaper than the trd sets and using shims under,and im not talking the micro protrussion ones!
mick
p.s i know exactly for sure what rods are in a silvertop and a blacktop,and yes the silertop has the same rods as a gze.
bluehachi
Regular

September 2005
Re: what rods and crank are in a sivertop 20v? Sat, 01 October 2005 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good, glad we cleared that up Wink
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: what rods and crank are in a sivertop 20v? Sat, 01 October 2005 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

get better torque and hp with a 16v.

You'll get higher torque with less Hp from the 7A, but less torque and Higher Hp with the 4A... The stroke just shifts the curves are the best way to describe what goes on...
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: what rods and crank are in a sivertop 20v? Sat, 01 October 2005 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johnny read what i wrote again!im sure i didnt mention the 4a,talking about 20v and 16v heads on a 7a.
mick
kpa323
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: what rods and crank are in a sivertop 20v? Fri, 07 October 2005 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so if you were to put gze pistons in a silvertop 20v block you would effectivly have a gze bottom end!
is that correct...
kpa323
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: what rods and crank are in a sivertop 20v? Tue, 18 October 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes
/no
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: what rods and crank are in a sivertop 20v? Tue, 18 October 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes. From all I have read/heard the ONLY differences in the bottom end of a ZE compared to a GE are pistons and rings.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: what rods and crank are in a sivertop 20v? Tue, 18 October 2005 08:01 Go to previous message
the AE92 smallport 4age shares the same crank and rods as the AE92 4agze.

The AE101 smallport 4agze shares the same crank and rods as the AE101 4age (20V), which are actually "weaker" than the AE92 versions.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:KE70 project..
Next Topic:O/D light flashing
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 18:34:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.006417989730835 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.